PDA

View Full Version : Portlanders! (Oregon) - Need amla help...!

Saldana
May 24th, 2015, 03:49 PM
OK.....I have been wandering around, trying to find Amla, so I can try it. But I can't find it! Portlanders, do any of you use amla, and do you get it here in the city? If so, where?? I know I could order it online, but I just want to get a little bit, enough to maybe do two applications (to see if my hair likes it) before investing in more.

Surely Portland has an Indian grocer or something where I could find this stuff. But I need a source. Anybody?

-Fern
May 24th, 2015, 05:07 PM
I'm not a Portlander, but Google Srider India Imports. I would call and ask if they stock any amla hair things. :) Looks like a couple of grocers pop up on Yelp.com as well--they might have something closer.

Northerner
May 24th, 2015, 06:53 PM
I am not a Portlander, but mountainroseherbs.com is in Oregon and they sell herbs out of a store as well as online. They definitely have amla, I have purchased from them online.

Saldana
May 24th, 2015, 10:08 PM
Excellent, thank you both! I looked at Srider online, but it looked like more of a strict grocery store with maybe a clothing section. I should just go on over there (rats - I was on the west side today, I could have gone). And I didn't know mountainroseherbs had a storefront! I'll definitely check that out as well! Thank you!! :blossom:

PrincessBob
May 24th, 2015, 10:21 PM
There is an indian market in vancouver near 117th and 4th plain that carries it and other hair washing herbs.

Saldana
May 25th, 2015, 06:56 AM
WOOT! Thanks, PrincessBob!

OOnaOwl
May 26th, 2015, 12:06 PM
I prefer the products at Silk & Stone, located on SE Belmont street near SE 38th. They are a henna and herbs salon, and they sell their own amla, henna, cassia, indigo & other herbs that are high quality for a reasonable price.

Saldana
May 27th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Thank you, OonaOwl! I'm in the SE, so that is definitely a do-able. I'll look it up and go today. :)