PDA

View Full Version : Jazz/Soul/Blues concert hairstyle ideas for me?

Wusel
May 22nd, 2015, 06:45 AM
I have a concert tomorrow. I wear a fifties pencil dress and need my hair up. We do a mix of oldtime jazz, blues and soul, so I need something retro but easy to do and suitable for my hair length. And it should look good in photos... Help, please...

yahirwaO.o
May 22nd, 2015, 06:36 PM
I think something like hair friendly victory rolls and hair coiled in the back the way you prefer can add interest and be stylish at the same time.

How cool and awesome to say your in jazz band. It must be a great experience and good luck in your concert :cool:

Wusel
May 23rd, 2015, 01:50 AM
I think something like hair friendly victory rolls and hair coiled in the back the way you prefer can add interest and be stylish at the same time.

How cool and awesome to say your in jazz band. It must be a great experience and good luck in your concert :cool:

Thank you very much! :)
And what a coincidence!
I'm standing in front of the mirror now trying to make a victory roll! I've found a video on YouTube :)
Thank you!:flower:

Merlin
May 23rd, 2015, 05:45 AM
Check out postmodern jukebox on YouTube and see what their vocalists do

Zwaluw
May 24th, 2015, 11:09 AM
A vortex bun (or something similar with pinned down strands) might look suitably period? And it keeps your hair away from instruments :)