PDA

View Full Version : 7 Month growth progress. My version .)

Wusel
May 22nd, 2015, 05:10 AM
I wanted to share this with you. Alien Girl made a thread about her 7 month progress and we have similar hair and progress so I thought, I post this too :)
This was October, 25., 2014 (OMG. SO ugly. Looks like a helmet. But I wanted to get rid of all layers and that's how it turned out...)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17386&d=1432291449

And this is now (this week, the braid in the signature is from this week too :) )
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17321&d=1431886073

I somehow have the feeling that my hair grows pretty fast. What do you think?
When I compare the two pictures now, I should be happy with the progress, I think... and it's stupid that I'm not happy because I want my waist length hair back and the waiting is so hard...

lapushka
May 22nd, 2015, 05:33 AM
To know for sure how "fast" it grows, you'd need to measure it. No way around it. Start from your forehead over your head, then measure the length. This is how we measure here and so you'll have a consistent point of measurement.

Most hair grows on average 1cm to half an inch, though.

I think it grew just fine in those 7 months! Well done!

Wusel
May 22nd, 2015, 06:15 AM
To know for sure how "fast" it grows, you'd need to measure it. No way around it. Start from your forehead over your head, then measure the length. This is how we measure here and so you'll have a consistent point of measurement.

Most hair grows on average 1cm to half an inch, though.

I think it grew just fine in those 7 months! Well done!

Thank you. :)
I've measured. And I know now that it'll take me 1,5 years to waist.
It's 21,06 Inches now and I need 9,25 Inches more to reach waist.
Not that long :) Cheers me up a bit :)

And I'll have BSL for christmas, I think :)

lapushka
May 22nd, 2015, 02:47 PM
Thank you. :)
I've measured. And I know now that it'll take me 1,5 years to waist.
It's 21,06 Inches now and I need 9,25 Inches more to reach waist.
Not that long :) Cheers me up a bit :)

And I'll have BSL for christmas, I think :)

1,5 years to waist is a set goal, something you can "grow" towards. ;) :D
BSL for Christmas is a nice milestone to reach! Think of the new possibilities at BSL (buns, updos, braids).

Wusel
May 22nd, 2015, 04:30 PM
1,5 years to waist is a set goal, something you can "grow" towards. ;) :D
BSL for Christmas is a nice milestone to reach! Think of the new possibilities at BSL (buns, updos, braids).

Yes... It's really motivating :) Best Christmas present ever :) At BSL I can do a really big Cinnabun with my thickness. :)

yahirwaO.o
May 22nd, 2015, 06:28 PM
I think its looking great so far and very nice progress. Little by little you will be able to do it. Your small braid looks very pretty too. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 22nd, 2015, 07:02 PM
Nice progress, you have good growth there.

Lyv
May 22nd, 2015, 08:24 PM
That is great progress for 7 months! I think your hair is cute in the first picture!

Wusel
May 23rd, 2015, 12:26 AM
I think its looking great so far and very nice progress. Little by little you will be able to do it. Your small braid looks very pretty too. :)
Thank you very much :) I'm really proud that I've manged to get it so sleek. With rose water and avocado oil :)

Nice progress, you have good growth there.
Thank you. I forgot about this first picture I had on my phone and now, two days ago, when I've found it and compared to my length now I was really amazed. I didn't remember that it was SO short and I see a huge difference now :) It's good to take pictures regularly, I know this now. :)

That is great progress for 7 months! I think your hair is cute in the first picture!
When I got the cut I really liked it for. My BF liked it and all my friends liked it. But it was the wrong cut for my hair. It took my hairstylist an hour and tons of products to style it like this and I didn't manage, even with tons of hairspray and other styling products and a straigtener and a blowdryer, to make it look like this. It looked awful when I washed it first time and from then on it always looked awful.
The picture was made in my car when I came out of the salon, so, the moment it looked the best and the only moment it looked good.

Alien Girl
May 23rd, 2015, 12:50 AM
Nice!!! :D
Our hair pretty much seems like it's growing at the same rate hehe. Do you take vitamins or do anything special for hair growth??

Wusel
May 23rd, 2015, 01:01 AM
Nice!!! :D
Our hair pretty much seems like it's growing at the same rate hehe. Do you take vitamins or do anything special for hair growth??

I'm on the third bottle of Hairfinity and before I discovered Hairfinity I was taking biotin and folic acid for about one month. I think Hairfinity does the trick for me because my hair feels thicker and I have the feeling that it grows faster. I don't know if I only imagine this but it gives me a good feeling to take such unreasonably expensive hair vitamins. :D And maybe that's why they help:D

And I started eating 4 eggs and in total 100 grams of protein per day. Which is much for me. I weigh only 53 kilos.

Chocowalnut
May 23rd, 2015, 02:20 AM
I love your bangs :)

Wusel
May 23rd, 2015, 03:21 AM
I love your bangs :)

Thank you :) Yes, he cut and straightened them pretty well but unfortunately I have two cowlicks there and for me it's impossible to make them look like this without an hour of straightening and tons of products, so, even though I love bangs I have to grow them out a bit. I plan chin length layered bangs with a middle parting so that when my hair is up it looks like a bob from the front. I had something like that some years ago and it looks good on me. And makes it easier to maintain.

Alien Girl
May 23rd, 2015, 04:32 AM
I'm on the third bottle of Hairfinity and before I discovered Hairfinity I was taking biotin and folic acid for about one month. I think Hairfinity does the trick for me because my hair feels thicker and I have the feeling that it grows faster. I don't know if I only imagine this but it gives me a good feeling to take such unreasonably expensive hair vitamins. :D And maybe that's why they help:D

And I started eating 4 eggs and in total 100 grams of protein per day. Which is much for me. I weigh only 53 kilos.

Were you taking the folic acid on an empty or full stomach? It doesn't absorb if it's taken with anything besides water :O I used to take it but got lazy... It's best to take it 2 hours after a meal or 30 mins before. I used to take collagen but it also needed to be on an empty stomach but I'm too lazy and forgetful to do that :D

lapushka
May 23rd, 2015, 05:11 AM
Yes... It's really motivating :) Best Christmas present ever :) At BSL I can do a really big Cinnabun with my thickness. :)

Don't want to disappoint you, but I'm a iii as well, and couldn't get a first coil with a cinnabun until waist/hip. It still doesn't want to stay (it sags) and I'm TBL+ now.

Wusel
May 24th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Don't want to disappoint you, but I'm a iii as well, and couldn't get a first coil with a cinnabun until waist/hip. It still doesn't want to stay (it sags) and I'm TBL+ now.

Okay... so I have to wait longer for a cinnabun. What was your fav hairstyle with BSL, lapushka?

Wusel
May 25th, 2015, 02:10 AM
Were you taking the folic acid on an empty or full stomach? It doesn't absorb if it's taken with anything besides water :O I used to take it but got lazy... It's best to take it 2 hours after a meal or 30 mins before. I used to take collagen but it also needed to be on an empty stomach but I'm too lazy and forgetful to do that :D

I take all vitamins with a meal in the evening. It's recommended for people with a sensitive stomach. HF contains also vitamin A which is absorbed better when taken with fatty food.