PDA

View Full Version : Tresemme Did It Again...

ExpectoPatronum
May 22nd, 2015, 12:08 AM
I was browsing the hair care section of Walmart (because who doesn't do that) when I came across a little gem called "Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done Conditioner." I noticed it was silicone-free, and since I'm avoiding cones again and was running low on my Jessicurl conditioner, I decided to buy it. I mean, it's Tresemme. It was $5 for a huge bottle. You can't go wrong.

I really couldn't go wrong.

I. Love. This. Conditioner. I think it might be...dare I say...? Holy grail material? It feels very similar to Tresemme Naturals...but there's something different about it. I can't quite put my finger on it as I haven't used Naturals in a while, but I love this a lot more.

This stuff single-handedly fixed the dryness I was battling from some gels and protein-overload that was stubbornly refusing to go away. My hair has been very shiny, very soft, and very hydrated. My wurls are very happy, and so am I!

Has anyone else tried it?

If there's a thread about it already, I'd like to apologize. I did a google search and didn't see anything come up....

DweamGoiL
May 22nd, 2015, 09:41 AM
I know someone else did mention it in another thread, but you guys are now making me want to get some and compare. I actually horded a few bottles of Tresemme Naturals when I started to see the writing on the wall. I still have like 4 bottles left...hehehe, but I would definitely be interested in something even better :) . The naturals had a strange scent IMHO. If anything, I will use the rest of it up for CO wash for my daughter.

Nadine <3
May 22nd, 2015, 12:57 PM
I've seen it but haven't tried it because Tresemme always seems to have a really strong scent that I just don't care for. Maybe I should sniff it next time I'm at the store...

lapushka
May 22nd, 2015, 01:42 PM
Yes, saw it from a YT'er that it is comparable and even better than the Naturals one (I think mahogonycurls on YT?).

Robot Ninja
May 22nd, 2015, 02:03 PM
I know someone else did mention it in another thread, but you guys are now making me want to get some and compare. I actually horded a few bottles of Tresemme Naturals when I started to see the writing on the wall.

Wait wait WHAT? Don't tell me they're discontinuing it or adding cones or something stupid, it's the only cone-free conditioner I can find around here!

DweamGoiL
May 22nd, 2015, 02:26 PM
They reformulated the Naturals and I think were phasing them out for this new one.

Thanks for the heads up, ladies. Will have to check out the YT reviews.

curlsgalore
May 23rd, 2015, 08:26 AM
I'm loving this conditioner myself. LOVE the scent and it's not too heavy yet its moisturizing.

Kherome
May 23rd, 2015, 08:46 AM
Everything Tresemme makes causes my head to itch.

lapushka
May 23rd, 2015, 09:36 AM
Everything Tresemme makes causes my head to itch.

Even conditioner, applied ears-down?

schnibbles
May 23rd, 2015, 09:38 AM
I'm happy for people who are loving Perfectly Undone. :cheer:

Sadly, my hair hated it very much...it was very angry at me after this. I may be protein-sensitive though. :confused: The sea kelp extract is what I think did not agree with me, because my hair loves, loves Tresemme Naturals. (If they ever discontinue it you will see me freak out and it won't be pretty) I'm also not a curly, so maybe that's it too, I dunno. I wish I could send my full bottle to someone but the shipping would cost more than the condish.

Marika
May 23rd, 2015, 01:09 PM
I've heard good things about Perfectly Undone conditioner. Not so much love for the matching shampoo. I'll probably try this. I used to like the Naturals conditioner but after reformulation, it left my hair coated and dry.

Robot Ninja
May 23rd, 2015, 01:48 PM
They reformulated the Naturals and I think were phasing them out for this new one.

They reformulated it when? Or are you talking about when they changed the formula two years ago?

They just recently changed the bottle, but the ingredients list looks the same, unless I'm missing something.

I've heard good things about Perfectly Undone conditioner. Not so much love for the matching shampoo. I'll probably try this. I used to like the Naturals conditioner but after reformulation, it left my hair coated and dry.

I hated the old one and I love the new one, but I do find I have to rinse a lot.

Crystawni
May 25th, 2015, 06:05 AM
After reading about this on the forums here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130503) and here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131431), and checking out the info. online, I was disappointed to learn it hadn't hit Australia yet. I've been on the lookout ever since, eager to give my hair the boost it seems to be needing as impending winter cools things (and my curlies) down a bit. Lately, I've even had better results with shampoo only, but that could also be due to my recent move to the heat and humidity of the monsoonal tropics.

Still searching without luck, last night I grabbed some more of my TresNats condish, only to find some smaller bottles of the unDone tonight in our local Woolies supermarket! I'll give it a go in the next few days and report back. Hopefully I won't get an attack of the crunchies, but if I do, I have that new bottle of TresNats...

Kitten1030
May 25th, 2015, 07:20 AM
I love it too! I thought the same thing, holy grail. A silicone free conditioner with silicone slip. It. Is. Awesome! To me anyway. My hair doesn't like protein, I think. I can use something with protein a few times with good results but then my hair gets gummy and crunchy and gross. I have been using this for about a month now and it works just as well as it did at first. I'm not a huge fan of the scent. It just smells like generic "fragrance" like laundry detergent or something but it is not too strong and doesn't really hang around in my hair after it's dry.

Crystawni
May 25th, 2015, 09:23 PM
I tried both the shampoo and condish this morning and I've gotta say I found my spirals! My hair dried just like my hairtyping pic; all ropey and spirally with curled up ends, and kept a lot of it after I ran my wide-toothed comb through it once dried. In the shower I hit my length with my Naturals condish, then washed my scalp with the un-Done shampoo. It did make my hair squeaky clean and a little dryish, but I prefer this to the dryness and knotty tangles I got from using the Tresemme clarifying shampoo the other day. After rinsing, I hit the length with the un-Done condish, which is indeed very slippery and awesome under water. My hair didn't need combing when drenched, but I ran the comb through anyway (it glided through like a knife through butter...).

Now that my hair is dry, it feels a little coated--especially on the scalp, and has a slight dirty/gritty feel as if fine sand is through it. It's not as soft as usual, but has heaps of extra poof and wave. And it's shiny, too. I ended up putting a drop of monoi oil through it, which feels much better. I like this stuff so far, but will probably use my preferred shampoo, Australian Native Botanicals, instead, which leaves my hair baby soft.