PDA

View Full Version : multiple hairstyles in a day

elsieivy
May 21st, 2015, 05:22 PM
I hope I'm not the only one who does this. I really try to put my hair up and forget about it but for some reason it never quite works out. For example: this morning I woke up, undid my sleep braid, put in a messy English braid to take my older kids to school. I got home from that and decided to put my hair in a French braid since I was meeting up with some friends and wanted my hair to look a bit nicer. When I got home from seeing them I noticed how pretty the interlaced Dutch braids on the hairstyle of the month page looked so I put my hair in those. lol. I'll try to leave them alone now until bedtime but I'm not making any promises. I wish I could say that this was something unusual but this is pretty much par for the course for me.

Lauraes
May 21st, 2015, 05:47 PM
I do this occasionally, because I have fine hair and braids can get really fuzzy and fall apart over time, so I have to redo them. Today, I woke up and undid my french braid, put my hair in a side dutch braid, then came home and switched to an english braid. Sometimes, changing/redoing the style helps prevent tangles for me, because like I said, my hair's so fine that it goes everywhere, and the hair's not being protected if it's fallen out of its style.

quirkybookworm
May 21st, 2015, 05:50 PM
You're definitely not the only one! Today I went from a sleep braid, to a bun, to a ponytail, to one big braid, and tonight I'll take it out and do two side braids because one braid in the back is too thick for me to sleep on. At least we won't have any problems related to doing the same style too often! :lol:

MINAKO
May 21st, 2015, 05:52 PM
To put it simple, im way to lazy for this. I already oberreact when my ends slip out of my bun and i have to tuck them back in, an act of hard work and plenty of annoyment, lol. In case i wear it down i would sometimes throw it in a half up when it bothers me or just pull all the hair under my sweater/jacket, like on public transportation and such, but. i dont think thats considered a style. I think my hair likes the lack of manipulation tho, i am sure i would get more fairy knots if i did comb and cha ge styles more often, but thats just my hairtype

Caraid♫
May 21st, 2015, 06:00 PM
oh yes, I change my hair multiple times every day! I seem not to be able to just let it alone, if I put it up at the beginning of the day, it comes down at some point, maybe then get put in a braid, which then comes out and goes back up etc etc. It's an absent-minded habit for me! I really do wish I would just leave it alone sometimes, it's quite annoying to be fussing with it all day!

Larki
May 21st, 2015, 06:27 PM
No, but sometimes I'll redo my bun or braid for no good reason. :p I stick with the same style all day 9 times out of 10 though, then take it down at the end of the day.

endlessly
May 21st, 2015, 07:05 PM
You are not alone, this happens every once in a while to me, too. I tend to fiddle with my hair the most whenever I'm bored or impatient.

lapushka
May 22nd, 2015, 05:30 AM
My hair is about 2 inches away from classic. It's done when I get up, and stays put until I go to sleep. No messing with it. When it was shorter it needed re-doing more often, though, but that just comes with the territory.

catasa
May 22nd, 2015, 07:11 AM
Well, yes and no. I usually redo it several times a day, but that is from necessity and/or comfort, not for fun or from really having an interest in hair styles... When not loose I usually keep it in some kind of simple bun or possibly a low pony, and it will usually slip and need redoing several times during the day.

And then when I get home from wherever, even if I have had it down all day, I *must* put it up immediately or I will suddenly go mad at having hair *everywhere*... even though it was perfectly fine having it loose all day outside of home :rolleyes: My usual home style is a loose silk scrunchie bun (which will also need redoing quite often... :) )

Arctic
May 22nd, 2015, 07:21 AM
I often do multiple styles a day. It comes very naturally to me, and I don't think about it much.

chen bao jun
May 22nd, 2015, 07:45 AM
Yeah, it relaxes me to play with my hair (and change hairtoys ).

In the good period of my childhood (before mom went to work and we got more money but quality of life went waaay down -- she changed into this person who worked, slept, cooked and screamed at everybody instead of a nurturer) she used to bathe, change and comb me and my sisters hair several times a day. This was before air conditioning btw and kids playing outside easily got hot and sweaty.

missblueeyes
May 22nd, 2015, 09:57 AM
I'm in the same boat. If my bun is not 100% secure, I need to redo it. If my braid pulls, I redo it.