PDA

View Full Version : New member here!

Brunette_Barbie
May 21st, 2015, 04:51 PM
Hi! I'm Brunette_Barbie, and I'm a 20 something theatre major in Orange County, California. I have always been growing my hair out since I have curly hair that grows at a very slow pace. I would like to get it to at least hip or tailbone length when it is not straight. I can’t upload a photo just yet. It’s in a v cut about to my waist. I usually wear it down, or in pigtails (braided or not). Due to some financial issues, I haven’t gotten my hair trimmed since about 2006 or so and I have been using my own variation of the no-poo method since February 2014. I think I may have reached my terminal length but I’m not sure! Thanks for reading!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 21st, 2015, 05:16 PM
Welcome! :)

Brunette_Barbie
May 22nd, 2015, 05:10 PM
Thank you!

Arctic
May 23rd, 2015, 06:41 AM
Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit right in here! You might be interested in self trimming, many here use methods documented by our member Feye (Feye's self trimming).

Brunette_Barbie
May 23rd, 2015, 10:59 AM
I don't trust myself enough with self trimming. I'm much too clumsy with my hands to even think of it.

lapushka
May 23rd, 2015, 02:55 PM
Welcome. We were all a bit "careful" and apprehensive with self-trimming at first. But it's still way better making a tiny mistake than going to a salon to have it hacked off (for lack of a better word).

gthlvrmx
May 28th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Welcome! You probably got a false terminal length right now which means your hair looks like it's not growing because it's breaking off. That's just an idea, you can do more searching through this website to find how to help your hair. Wearing your hair in a protective updo more often helps a lot!

Brunette_Barbie
June 1st, 2015, 09:39 PM
Updos are not flattering on me, since I have bald spots on the fronts sides of my head and that would draw attention to them.