PDA

View Full Version : Recovery of my hair

Soulina
May 21st, 2015, 01:06 PM
So I had rough times few years ago and lost my hip length hair to barely BSL tangled mess. Unhealthy and thin. Now almost 5 months after staring my hair recovery I am hopeful that someday I can have the hair of my dreams :)

So here is my hair in February 2015, I was quite hopeless, and this is not even close to the worst condition it was.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17377&d=1432233629

Here is picture taken almost 5 months later. I am actually in shade at the picture, I promise better pictures in the future. (The striped belt is where is my waist)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17376&d=1432233486

So I have stopped using dyes and kept my hair up or braided. There is still much to improve, but I can see progress and believe my hair can have full recovery. I have 3-4inches of virgin hair, my hair used to be black but it has faded away and only reddish shade is left. (my roots were colored purple)

missblueeyes
May 21st, 2015, 01:28 PM
Well, what can I say... That's a whole lot of difference in only a couple of months! Your hair looks so much better already! I see a bright future for you and your locks, that's for certain. :) :thumbsup:

elsieivy
May 21st, 2015, 01:31 PM
What a huge change! Congratulations!

Hotrox
May 21st, 2015, 01:35 PM
Amazing progress for just 5 months, congratulations.

bluebreezes
May 21st, 2015, 02:01 PM
Hi Hotrox, I don't have privileges yet to PM so hope it's ok to say this here. The URL in your sig should be lifeinsilver instead of sliver. Nice site btw!

Ambrielle
May 21st, 2015, 02:03 PM
Wow! Congratulations! Such amazing progress, you can tell the thickness has travelled down also! :)

starfire
May 21st, 2015, 02:09 PM
Great progress!
Did you have to trim or did it even out on its own? (personally debating a trim to even out my ends)

lapushka
May 21st, 2015, 02:18 PM
Well you made a huge amount of progress in just under half a year, so that is *really* promising! Maybe joining the microtrimming thread will help you, if you want to steadily trim that is.

Soulina
May 21st, 2015, 02:30 PM
Great progress!
Did you have to trim or did it even out on its own? (personally debating a trim to even out my ends)

Yes I have trimmed it, once a bigger trim maybe 1 inch, and monthly microtrims.

Wusel
May 21st, 2015, 03:04 PM
Wow... I'm impressed... I din't know that hair can get SO much better, prettier, thicker, healthier... in such a short time! WOW!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 21st, 2015, 03:34 PM
Wow, what an improvement! If that is not a good result from micro trimming I don't know what is! Your hair is improving wonderfully!

DweamGoiL
May 21st, 2015, 05:01 PM
That is impressive. Congratulations!

Frankenstein
May 21st, 2015, 07:33 PM
That is very inspiring! :thumbsup:

Soulina
May 21st, 2015, 09:51 PM
Thank you all of answers :flower:

I am really surprised my self how dramatic the recovery has been. I did not even dare to dream this kind of results. I can clearly see where the damaged part begins, but even the damaged part has gotten better and is not that dry and dull anymore. I have not gained maybe that much in length, as my hair is now only little bit longer than the longest wispy rat tails in the first picture, but looks much longer because the hemline has thickened allot. I plan on keep on micro trimming just because it seems to work.

I wash my hair once or twice a week. I could go longer (around 2 weeks before it starts to look dirty, this could be because in the rough times when life was just surviving the day and I could care less what I looked and I did not wash my hair sometimes in a month) but I just love washing my hair and the way it feels after a wash. Only problem is that few days after shower up dos without coconut oil is impossible cause my hair is just too slippery. I never have used heat on my hair and do not plan to start now, I do not even own blow dryer or any styling products what so ever. Coconut oil is only thing I use to keep my hair in place.

I eat more healthy and brush my hair once a day most of the time it is braided or in a bun. I also no longer dye it, and this I think has had huge impact. Shedding is less than half what it used to be, I no longer get that much split ends. My scalp is no longer itchy all the time. My hair has always been super soft and silky, but the virgin hair :cool:, itīs even more soft, like puppy dogs baby coat.

Also my ponytails circumference has improved and is clearly thicker.