PDA

View Full Version : 7 Month Growth Progress :)

Alien Girl
May 21st, 2015, 05:38 AM
http://puu.sh/hVbvd/5fdc954d5c.jpg
October 2014 -> January 2015 -> February 2015 -> May 2015

Between this time-frame I've been consistently taking multi-vitamin and biotin and occasionally fish oil.
In December-January I used a castor oil and olive oil mix on my scalp and ends once a week, which helped repair my hair a lot. :D
In February I tried the monistat challenge with generic miconazole cream.
I've also been doing the inversion method semi-consistently every month.

My ultimate goal is around waist or hip length. My hair is dyed to a medium brown color and my natural color is black. I may continue to maintain the medium brown color by only coloring my roots every 3-4 months.

What do you guys think about my progress so far :D ? I ~think~ that my hair growth may be a little faster than average.
I'm glad I've been visiting this site occasionally, it gives me motivation to not go and keep chopping my hair shudder:;)

Nesoi
May 21st, 2015, 05:43 AM
Amazing progress and beautiful, shiny hair!!

missblueeyes
May 21st, 2015, 06:09 AM
It looks great! I love the shine in the last picture, it's very pretty! I still remember when you posted the first picture from October on here. :) How time flies!

Mimha
May 21st, 2015, 06:11 AM
Sounds like a very nice growth in 7 months !! It seems that your routine is quite favorable indeed ! :)

Personally, I add some essential oils to my ACV rinse, to get the "Monistat effect" without having to use the medecine : as it is an anti-fungal, I chose my EO among the ones with the same action : Rosmarinus, Tea Tree, and Lavender. (Oregano is even more powerful, but it is a little too irritative, so I keep it for itchy scalp treatment, in case it occurs). Itchy scalp due to fungus is indeed a major cause of hair-loss and problem of growth. That's why Monistat is so efficient, I think. :)

Alien Girl
May 21st, 2015, 06:16 AM
Amazing progress and beautiful, shiny hair!!
Thanks so much! :)

It looks great! I love the shine in the last picture, it's very pretty! I still remember when you posted the first picture from October on here. :) How time flies!
Thank you!! Aww it does indeed :D !!

Sounds like a very nice growth in 7 months !! It seems that your routine is quite favorable indeed ! :)

Personally, I add some essential oils to my ACV rinse, to get the "Monistat effect" without having to use the medecine : as it is an anti-fungal, I chose my EO among the ones with the same action : Rosmarinus, Tea Tree, and Lavender. (Oregano is even more powerful, but it is a little too irritative, so I keep it for itchy scalp treatment, in case it occurs). Itchy scalp due to fungus is indeed a major cause of hair-loss and problem of growth. That's why Monistat is so efficient, I think. :)

Thank you! Ooh thats a good idea :O Yes after I used the monistat, my scalp has mysteriously stopped itching.. Over winter it would itch like CRAZY for some reason and also would have tiny flakes after 2 days :( After monistat and castor oil that pretty much stopped! Now I know if I get that crazy itch again I'll know what to do :p

yvsa
May 21st, 2015, 06:19 AM
Amazing growth. Good work:agree:

gergour
May 21st, 2015, 06:31 AM
Good job!!!
I too use castor oil once a week that i mix with mustard oil and i massage my scalp ♥

lapushka
May 21st, 2015, 07:41 AM
Seems like steady progress to me. I don't know if it's faster growth. You'd have to measure to be sure. :flower:

texangrrl
May 21st, 2015, 11:16 AM
Congrats on the growth in 7 months!!

hinabelle
May 21st, 2015, 11:45 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks lovely! :flower: And it does seem to grow rather fast, how lucky!
Your routine is working wonders for you! :D I may have to try the Monistat myself... :hmm:

Acidrop
May 21st, 2015, 09:54 PM
Great depiction of what's possible in 7 months.

Thanks so much for taking the time to post it! :)

gthlvrmx
May 21st, 2015, 10:01 PM
I can't see the photo for some reason!

Wusel
May 21st, 2015, 11:22 PM
Congratulations! Wonderful hair!
My hair was almost the same length in October 2014.
Because to get rid of layers my hairstylist chopped it off to about one inch below chin. You can see how much it grew in my photos. I think our hair grows pretty fast.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 21st, 2015, 11:42 PM
Lovely growth and healthy hair!

3dgfan
May 22nd, 2015, 03:11 AM
Wow! That's a great progress in just 7 months.
Good luck with reaching waist length, I think you are going to be there very soon :)

Wusel
May 22nd, 2015, 05:11 AM
I've posted my version of 7 month progress! :)

Alien Girl
May 23rd, 2015, 12:51 AM
Thank you so much everyone!! Love this forum and all the supportive people. Happy growing <3 !!! :)

Wusel
May 23rd, 2015, 01:44 AM
Thank you so much everyone!! Love this forum and all the supportive people. Happy growing <3 !!! :)

Do you take something special for hair growth? Vitamins? Masks? Oils?

Alien Girl
May 23rd, 2015, 04:29 AM
Do you take something special for hair growth? Vitamins? Masks? Oils?

I listed everything I take in the first post :) !!
I'm also very into fitness (weight lifting/body building to be exact) and eat in a caloric surplus with at least 90g protein per day.

Wusel
May 24th, 2015, 05:07 AM
I listed everything I take in the first post :) !!
I'm also very into fitness (weight lifting/body building to be exact) and eat in a caloric surplus with at least 90g protein per day.

Yes, I meant if you still do it now :) Do you plan to continue with biotin and multi and castor oil? Or stop as you have reached this amount of growth now? Because some people say thet you should make breaks from growth enhancing stuff like vitamins, massages, masks... because your body gets used to it. I plan to stop hairfinity when I have finished 6 bottles and change my care routine.

Alien Girl
May 24th, 2015, 05:22 AM
Yes, I meant if you still do it now :) Do you plan to continue with biotin and multi and castor oil? Or stop as you have reached this amount of growth now? Because some people say thet you should make breaks from growth enhancing stuff like vitamins, massages, masks... because your body gets used to it. I plan to stop hairfinity when I have finished 6 bottles and change my care routine.

I stopped the monistat and castor oil (too lazy LOL) but I still have a bottle and 1/4 of a bottle of castor oil left, so I MAY start doing a treatment 1x a week again... :) maybe..
I still take a multivitamin, biotin, and recently fish oil daily. :D Yep! I'm going to continue with my vitamins as I have been.. I love my vitamins!
I haven't noticed any slowing of growth, if anything I feel like my hair has been growing faster in the recent months :o I do forget to take my vitamins sometimes though. Let me know how it goes after you change your routine! Maybe I'll take a week off biotin :P

Wusel
May 24th, 2015, 08:27 AM
I stopped the monistat and castor oil (too lazy LOL) but I still have a bottle and 1/4 of a bottle of castor oil left, so I MAY start doing a treatment 1x a week again... :) maybe..
I still take a multivitamin, biotin, and recently fish oil daily. :D Yep! I'm going to continue with my vitamins as I have been.. I love my vitamins!
I haven't noticed any slowing of growth, if anything I feel like my hair has been growing faster in the recent months :o I do forget to take my vitamins sometimes though. Let me know how it goes after you change your routine! Maybe I'll take a week off biotin :P

Can you explain me please how you do the castor oil treatment? I have some here too...

longhairmomof7
May 24th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Hi!!
Excellent hair growth and beautiful hair!!! I just ordered peppermint oil to try on my hair. But I too swear by castor oil!! It's made my hair grow very fast as well!! :-)

cat11
May 24th, 2015, 07:26 PM
Wow, good results! Makes me really want to start taking vitamins & biotin.

LauraLongLocks
May 24th, 2015, 07:28 PM
Nice progress in 7 months' time. I feel like mine hasn't grown at all in the last half of a year, but it's probably just because I've trimmed and it's at a longer length.

Remi
May 24th, 2015, 07:31 PM
You have made wonderful progress. Your hair looks amazing for only 7 months!

gthlvrmx
May 24th, 2015, 07:56 PM
That is a lot of growth for around half a year! Great job! :)

Alien Girl
May 27th, 2015, 05:47 AM
Can you explain me please how you do the castor oil treatment? I have some here too...
I mix 1/4c. castor oil with 3/4c. olive oil (or just eye it in a 1:3 ratio :P ) and then apply to my scalp and put on a shower cap and leave on for 1hr-5hr+! Then when it's time to wash I conditioner wash it (using shampoo first is kinda hard.. I feel like the conditioner kinda melts away/softens the oil a bit and makes it easier to shampoo.)
I did this 1x-2x a week I got a straight perm in November and it REALLY made my hair nice. :D

Wow, good results! Makes me really want to start taking vitamins & biotin.
Thanks!! You should try it!

Nice progress in 7 months' time. I feel like mine hasn't grown at all in the last half of a year, but it's probably just because I've trimmed and it's at a longer length.
Thank you :D Is there a reason you trim? My ends are a bit uneven but I don't feel like trimming it until it gets a bit longer :( I want to make as much length progress as I can!

You have made wonderful progress. Your hair looks amazing for only 7 months!

That is a lot of growth for around half a year! Great job! :)

Thank you :D !!