PDA

View Full Version : Neck paines from sleeping braid

W2
May 20th, 2015, 02:07 AM
I have been sleeping with a braid for a while, but are beginning to get neck paineds. I alternate the placement from low right to low left, but the pain just moves from side to side,

I sleep on an ergonomic pillow, so it's not soft ... and yes, I know that that has something to say,

So I'm back to top knot

embee
May 20th, 2015, 06:12 AM
I wear a low braid while sleeping, but I'm a side sleeper and the braid is always up on the pillow, hardly ever under my neck. Your hair looks to be much thicker than mine too. Perhaps start your braid higher up on your head?

Lindenare
May 20th, 2015, 06:47 AM
I sleep on my back and also get neck pain from sleeping on a single braid. I find that balancing out sleeping styles so that my neck doesn't flop to one side or the other is key. Twin braids of any kind work well. I also like to only braid the last part of my hair so that most of it is loose, and flip that above the pillow. It feels like loose hair, but the braided part keeps it from tangling.

Horrorpops
May 20th, 2015, 07:51 AM
I second PPs, I find a single French braid is best for sidesleeping but two side plaits are best for sleeping flat on my back. It feels better for my neck and less friction for my hair. :)

spidermom
May 20th, 2015, 08:18 AM
Top-of-head ponytail or braid for me.

W2
May 21st, 2015, 12:28 AM
Slept with very loose braid started a bit down instead of close to scalp ... aaahh what a difference. And it was not even as messy as expected this morning