PDA

View Full Version : Would you continue if. . ..

mamaherrera
May 19th, 2015, 06:18 PM
I'm super observant, and freak out about little things, but just a question. I started using bhrinraj as a rinse (boiling the powder, filtering out the powder) and putting the rinse in my hair for five minutes once a week. The first two times, no changes or effects from using it. Now these last two times, I've noticed an increase in shedding, not over the 100 limit of normal, but just like per say, when I don't use it (the other two times I shower during the week) I lose like *estimating*50 hairs per day, and when I use it *like 75-100* per day. I don't know if it's just coincidence. I hate to stop because I hear such good things about it, being the hair herb, the best, etc. But I don't know. . . just curious if you observed this slight change, would you continue using it or not??? I only leave it on five minutes so I don't think it could do that much damage and then why the first two times, I didn't have this happen. What would you do?:thud:

cathair
May 19th, 2015, 06:21 PM
It wouldn't bother me, because I don't shed that consistently anyway. Sometimes I will shed one or two hairs, sometimes a handful. But if it's making you anxious, maybe it's better to keep things simple?

ETA: A lot of the longest hairs here have the most simple routines I have noticed and the longer people are here, the more simple things seem to become. Some even going back to what they did pre-LHC. Simple isn't bad :)

Doreen
May 19th, 2015, 06:27 PM
I would keep it up for another week or maybe two but if there was still increased shedding after that I would stop.

mamaherrera
May 19th, 2015, 06:31 PM
thanks, I will maybe try it another week. that would be nice to shed a hair or two, I always shed, but like I said, lately my "norm" was like 40-50 hairs per day, and now it's upped a bit. Maybe that means more growth!! Who knows. I don't get any irritation or itching, anything like that.

lilin
May 19th, 2015, 07:08 PM
I'm super observant, and freak out about little things, but just a question. I started using bhrinraj as a rinse (boiling the powder, filtering out the powder) and putting the rinse in my hair for five minutes once a week. The first two times, no changes or effects from using it. Now these last two times, I've noticed an increase in shedding, not over the 100 limit of normal, but just like per say, when I don't use it (the other two times I shower during the week) I lose like *estimating*50 hairs per day, and when I use it *like 75-100* per day. I don't know if it's just coincidence. I hate to stop because I hear such good things about it, being the hair herb, the best, etc. But I don't know. . . just curious if you observed this slight change, would you continue using it or not??? I only leave it on five minutes so I don't think it could do that much damage and then why the first two times, I didn't have this happen. What would you do?:thud:

There's no such thing as a universally good routine. Lots of things that work for others don't work for me, and vise versa I'm sure. All of our scalps are unique, and our hair too.

I would stick with it for a little while just to let your scalp adjust. If it keeps happening and you don't like it, try something else. One person's holy grail is another person's botched experiment. Just because it works well for some people doesn't necessarily mean it's the right routine for you personally.

chen bao jun
May 19th, 2015, 07:59 PM
I would quit rather than worry about it.

cat11
May 19th, 2015, 08:15 PM
Anything can be too much if you do it all the time. Especially with things that are very conditioning or what have you... I'd just start using it only once and awhile since you had good results the first time but started noticing issues later on

Chromis
May 19th, 2015, 08:20 PM
I've never counted my shed hairs and suspect it partly depends on the season as well, but if something isn't working, then it isn't working. If you are worried about wasting it, I'd try offering it on the swap board or the Random Acts of Kindness thread. I'm sure someone here will love to try it!

Mimha
May 20th, 2015, 03:58 AM
thanks, I will maybe try it another week. that would be nice to shed a hair or two, I always shed, but like I said, lately my "norm" was like 40-50 hairs per day, and now it's upped a bit. Maybe that means more growth!! Who knows. I don't get any irritation or itching, anything like that.

Mamaherrera, the seasonal variation in shedding may be huge and quite quick : I'm presently on a one year daily count to observe my shedding curve and determine my shedding rate over a full year of time. I have noticed that seasonal shedding can start (or stop) within a few days (usually one or two weeks). My hair, for example, goes from 15 to 30 hairs a day to more than 80 very rapidly. I can shed over 300 hairs when I wash in the high shedding season, and hardly 30 in the low season. So in the absence of alarming symptoms on the scalp, I would just stop using my rinse for a couple of weeks and see if this changes anything. If the shedding goes on, it's probably a seasonal thing. (See also if you are undergoing a particularly stressing period, or any hormonal perturbation, or started a special diet. It may have an impact on hair too.).

... And don't worry too much ! :) :flower:

vpatt
June 4th, 2015, 02:54 PM
I can't offer much advice, but it makes sense to me to stop use, and observe hair loss as was mentioned. Good luck, I hope your hair returns completely to its normal habit.