PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Hair?

nisolu
October 3rd, 2008, 03:39 PM
When someone says they have virgin hair, what does that mean?

Gumball
October 3rd, 2008, 03:40 PM
I take it as hair that really hasn't had anything done to it chemically (bleach, etc.) or by way of styling products like straighteners and the like. Just new, "untainted" hair you could say.

nisolu
October 3rd, 2008, 03:54 PM
Thank you. I guess I could say my hair is virgin, no dye, perms, etc. and only coconut oil for styling? hmmm

Gumball
October 3rd, 2008, 03:56 PM
To me it sure sounds like you've got virgin hair. It's great knowing coconut oil works for you, too. :) I'd use it more, but it seems to attract airborne dust to my head like nobody's business. Haha.

heidi w.
October 3rd, 2008, 04:49 PM
Yes, your hair has never had anything done to it: no perms, no color, no straightening, no flat ironing, .....

If you've had these things done to your hair, and you wait, say around 6 years of never doing this for those 6 years, you can have virgin hair again, likely (once the old colored, treated hair is removed).

heidi w.

nisolu
October 3rd, 2008, 05:54 PM
I never perm, I already have wurly hair and I haven't colored my hair since before I cut it EXTREMELY short, I don't use a blowfryer or any other hot tools. Very interesting, I just didn't know what people meant by it.

eternallyverdan
October 3rd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Wow, my hair must be "extra virgin" then-- I've never had any of that *and* I've never had it cut (which is what I thought virgin meant).

Oskimosa
October 3rd, 2008, 09:40 PM
Aw, you guys make it sound like my hair's "been around..."

*pets hair* Ssh, baby, you're not a hoe... they don't know you like I do.

orbiting
October 3rd, 2008, 09:54 PM

*chokes on her cheezy poofs* Oh dear!!!! :rollin:

Bene
October 3rd, 2008, 10:32 PM

omg!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahha

rubyredslippers
October 3rd, 2008, 10:41 PM
Wow, my hair must be "extra virgin" then-- I've never had any of that *and* I've never had it cut (which is what I thought virgin meant).

Hehe, when you said "extra virgin" it made me think of olive oil :p

(It's late. I'm easily amused.)

Suldrun
October 3rd, 2008, 10:44 PM

:rollin:I have tears in my eyes from laughing

trolleypup
October 3rd, 2008, 11:15 PM
Heh!

I think what we came up with one of the times this came up was virgin hair is hair where no part of it has been "treated"...so as long as any treated part has grown out and been removed/shed it can count as virgin.

What eternallyverdan has is "virgin never cut hair"...or "extra-virgin", as you put it!!!

maskedrose
October 4th, 2008, 12:35 AM

:spitting:Hahahaha

awwww...I'm sure you cheered it up!

ChatoyantLocks
October 4th, 2008, 12:52 AM
Maybe "extra virgin hair" equates to "hair that has never been kissed by scissors". :)