PDA

View Full Version : Long Hair Dreams

Bill D.
May 17th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Dreams can be better or worse than real life. Last night I had a good hair dream (as opposed to a bad dream where my remaining hair largely falls out).

As a preface, I should note how my hair has changed over time. When I was young I had thick straight hair parted in the middle, framing my face, and extending down my back, thinning out to (premature) terminal length at my waist. Since then my hair has been thinning, to the point now that it doesn't even feel long to me. It's naturally off my face, is very thin past my shoulders, and only a few strands get past mid-back. So onward to the dream!

I was walking down some stairs and noticed that my hair was thick again like it used to be. I could feel it solidly against the sides of my face, and on my shoulders and upper back. Wow- this is great! So I made it grow it longer, down to my waist. I could feel its weight down my back. Well, that was a nice start, but I wanted it longer so I grew it down to thigh length. I could feel the ends against my skin there; I must have been wearing a shirt and shorts given which parts of the length I could feel on my skin. Well that's still too short, so I grew it to my knees and then my ankles where I could see and feel fairytale ends brushing against them.

I was concerned that at that length it might be dragging a bit on the stairs as I continued to descend them. Still, I lifted my hair off my shoulders and tossed it back gently with my hands. I ran my hands down it its length behind me and felt its softness and thickness, but worried a bit that it might be getting tangled due to the combination of length, thickness, and movement. That's all I remember, other than that I was very, very happy despite the little worries along the way.

It's nice to be able to make your hair grow as long and thick as you want in a matter of seconds! We go though so much waiting and angst in real life as our hair slowly grows, centimeter by centimeter, inch by inch, or doesn't grow longer any more.

Please feel free to share your own long hair dreams!

Bill D.

cat11
May 17th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Oh, I had one last night. I was in the basement of a freinds house combing my hair. When they went upstairs I remained downstairs and saw the hair that came out and it was like a thick ponytail just laying on the pull out bed we were sitting on. I picked it up and I was like "oh my god this is like a whole ponytail for some people" and felt my hair to make sure it was still there. It was but just a little bit thinner. I then tried to tell myself over and over again that it was no use crying over spilt milk and I couldnt put it back on my head but at the same time I was distressed and thinking "if this happens every time Icomb my hair Ill have no more hair."

So then I stated felting the hair chunk and it turned huge, like the size of a body pillow and I just carried it out my freinds front door like it was nothing.

I think this is related to me feeling lately like snapping some hairs when i detangle is inevitable... it keeps happenning and it's stressing me out. My ends are in bad shape so it's hard to control but I also think I've gotten a bit to relaxed about it. i thkn I have to start only doing it when I have a large chunk of time to sit and section and go at a snails pace while I watch tv or something. Thats definately why I had this dream and I'll listen to it. "this cant go on forever" was the moral.

I wish I had a dream like yours, Bill D! I had onesimilar but not quite that great, that I was a hip length! And it grew really fast. That sounds very cool though because you can experience in a dream what you can't experience in real life... and dreams can be quite lucid. I know mine are.

I think it's common for LHC'ers to have hair dreams and nightmares because we think about our hai rmore often and in more depth than most people do

Bill D.
May 17th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Cat11, this is not my first dream about making my hair grown rapidly by just willpower, but this is the longest it's ever gotten that way. Past dreams of this sort have ended up with my hair at the waist or maybe at TBL, but fairly thick all the way to the ends.

Bill D.

Betazed
May 17th, 2015, 02:27 PM
I wish I could have an awsome hair dream like yours, Bill D. I don't believe I've ever had a good hair dream. Although bad hair dreams are quite common. Usually, it involves massive chunks falling out. But a few weeks ago, I had a dream that I had lice. Except, instead of being lice-sized, they looked like maggots in my hair! shudder: I kept going through sections, trying to pull all of these disgusting bugs from my hair and I kept thinking "I'm never going to get them out! I'm going to have to cut my hair!" So gross!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 17th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Oh I had one last night! A wonderful hair dream! I was walking along a little walking path in the country and walking through a beautiful meadow, flowers and butterflies everywhere. But I wasn't looking at them - I was continually turning my head to look at my hair because somehow it had suddenly grown thick and glorious down to my knees and I could feel it swishing there as I walked! To make sure, I knelt down and yes, it was solidly touching my calves. What a wonderful dream. I was sorry to wake up this morning.

Bill D.
May 17th, 2015, 03:38 PM
NicCarpenter and cat11, I hope you get much better dreams. :cool: And hooray for your dream, Sarahlabyrinth! :cloud9:

Bill D.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 17th, 2015, 03:40 PM
Thank you - I hardly ever dream about my hair so it was a lovely surprise! It has increased my determination to continue growing.

missrandie
May 17th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Mine are always dreams about something else entirely, but my hair will be anywhere from shoulder length clear to TBL. And I feel it during the dream :)

unicornlady
May 17th, 2015, 04:37 PM
Hair usually represents our own thoughts in dreams, because it proceeds from our heads. Not always, but often it comes up like that. Dreams usually re-evaluate our daily thoughts and situations.

I've had a lot of dreams with superlong hair (knee length or so), sometimes it was dyed, sometimes in dreadlocks. Each time it told me something about my own state of mind at the moment. It was dyed fierce red when I craved a change and was stuck in stagnant situation (passionate red color would be symbolically opposite of complacency).
Tangled hair, or dreadlocks, meant for me that I was feeling confused or worried and that I was struggling to see the exit.

Superlong hair was rarely a positive dream for me: it usually indicated that I'm worrying too much or overthinking (hair=thoughts, so very long hair would be extremely elaborate thoughts). Once I had a good dream with long hair. I cant remember the details but it grew so long and healthy and beautiful. It meant to me that inside some things were, or were to be restored and healed. You best determine what the dream is telling you by how you felt in spirit the dream, were you happy or not.

Dreams are very useful, they help you evaluate your current spot and look for answers.

Bill D., I believe your dream is more than desire to grow your hair back as it was. I felt while reading that like somewhere deep inside you know that glorious hair is still part of you it maybe went away physically for the moment but that place of inner beauty and restoration never left you. It's like a promise of healing. So beautiful. And I'm sure it wont get tangled. Thank you for so precious read.

EdG
May 17th, 2015, 08:32 PM
That's a great dream.

I rarely dream about hair. The one dream I remember (because it was so weird) was that my hair was detachable! I felt like a Disney Rapunzel cast member, able to go from long hair to short and back instantly!

When I woke, I was very glad that my hair is attached. :rollin:
Ed

Bill D.
May 17th, 2015, 09:12 PM
Unicornlady, thank you for your kind words!

Frankenstein
May 17th, 2015, 10:17 PM
Lately I've had a few dreams in which I've gotten a total hack-job haircut :boohoo: I always wake up freaked out making sure my hair is still there.

Rapunzelberg
May 17th, 2015, 11:08 PM
I have also had very very long hair dreams and disappointed upon waking that it's not as long as it was in my dream. This was way back when I was growing hair that I had cut too short. I have also had the opposite dream. A dream where I decided to chop all my hair off. Phew, when I wake up I am ecstatic that I didn't and still have my long hair.

ovalgal
May 17th, 2015, 11:23 PM
When I was little (10 y/o), I used to dream about and wish for/want to invent a brush that you brush your hair with and it keeps growing as you brush it out. I had a lot of bad haircuts when I was little that I wanted a magical fix for :magic: If only it existed.

Clearly I have always wanted long hair. I have also had the nightmares of bad haircuts and hair falling out. And long thick hair dreams! Feeling your pain.

lapushka
May 18th, 2015, 05:22 AM
Maybe this topic made it happen, IDK, but last night I dreamed I went to the salon around the corner (a chain) and got a cut to BSL, and I was struggling with the decision to have it blown out just haphazardly or curled (but I didn't want my hair burnt), so that was a terrible struggle, then I woke up. :lol: I have a disability but in my dream I didn't. How odd can it get? Honestly. That is the thing that gives me chills the most, can you believe. :(

Sarahlabyrinth
May 18th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Dreams are the strangest things....

silvurgrin
May 18th, 2015, 03:24 PM
I've had exactly two dreams about my hair. The latest was a dream where I was forced to chop all my hair off, but somehow managed to grow it from pixie to mid back in a few minutes. The first dream was the best, though. I was surprised to find my hair was at fingertip length, and thick and healthy and gorgeous all the way to the tips. I was so excited! I'm pretty sure it also gave me super powers as well, as the dream took a superhero ninja turn after that...

neko_kawaii
May 19th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Sheesh, I rarely remember my dreams, so why oh why remember a dream that is internalizing other peoples worries? I want magical adventures, not someone else's encounter with a scissor happy stylist.

I told the stylist to cut it to hip and she gave me an inverted bob with long whispy bits at shoulder. Concious brain immediately woke up and said it was a stupid dream and instantly bleached and dyed it bright orange, because that is something I have done but not something I particularly want to do again, so at that point I was mostly awake going "No, no, no."

Dumb dream.

frodolaughs
May 19th, 2015, 11:05 AM
One reason I have long hair is that earlier in my life, when I regularly yoyoed between long and short hair, I always had long hair in my dreams. While alseep I'd be confused about how my hair had grown so quickly. When I woke up I'd be upset to find that it was short. I haven't had that problem in a long time. Last night, though, I had a dream that I went to a hairdresser for a trim (something I've never actually done) and that instead of trimming off a half inch, she trimmed it to a half-inch total. In the dream I turned around and there was a mountain of hair on the floor. I was very stoic about the whole thing. Weird dream.

Scarlet_Heart
May 19th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Just had a dream last night that I cut my hair to chin again. :shudder:

A few days ago my friend cut her hip length hair to shoulder for Pantene and I think it freaked me out a little.

pixietail
May 19th, 2015, 01:22 PM
As my hair has gotten a little thinner, I've had dreams about my hair and teeth falling out lately. I notice though, that in my art, the hair seems to be impossibly long, thick, and flowing these days. Wishful thinking, I guess.

*ReiKa*
May 19th, 2015, 03:08 PM
I had one last night.
I was in my bedroom and I suddenly looked at the mirror and realised that my hair reached classic. Somewhat surprised as well (like, how come I just realised that?! LOL), and felt absolutely beautiful...
Since I thought that classic wasn't my goal it made think again about going for classic LOL

lapis_lazuli
May 19th, 2015, 03:57 PM
I had one just a few nights ago but it wasn't a good one unfortunately :(
My hair was coming out in huge amounts as I finger detangled. I'm talking thick locks of hair that had seemingly broken from the follicles leaving bald patches behind. I guess I lost 2/3 of my hair. It felt so real. Due to huge stress and anxiety in my life, one of my fears is the impact it's having on my hair. I haven't noticed too much of a difference in shed hairs but I still worry about it. I guess this is the source of my dream. I hope it does not become a reality.

cat11
May 19th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Oh I had one last night! A wonderful hair dream! I was walking along a little walking path in the country and walking through a beautiful meadow, flowers and butterflies everywhere. But I wasn't looking at them - I was continually turning my head to look at my hair because somehow it had suddenly grown thick and glorious down to my knees and I could feel it swishing there as I walked! To make sure, I knelt down and yes, it was solidly touching my calves. What a wonderful dream. I was sorry to wake up this morning.

This sounds awesome!! Maybe If I think my hair is getting longer my hair is getting longer I will have one too!

vpatt
June 4th, 2015, 02:58 PM
A few nights ago I dreamed that my hair was coming out by the handful. It was very real to me because I had a scary shed back last fall.

Thoughtcriminal
June 4th, 2015, 09:21 PM
For a while after I broke up with my ex, I had a recurring dream where he'd cut off all my hair because he was angry that I'm prettier than his new GF... I still keep my hair firmly in a but every time I'm around him.

I wish I had good hair dreams c:

Thoughtcriminal
June 4th, 2015, 09:22 PM
For a while after I broke up with my ex, I had a recurring dream where he'd cut off all my hair because he was angry that I'm prettier than his new GF... I still keep my hair firmly in a but every time I'm around him.

I wish I had good hair dreams c:

Elizabeth E
May 4th, 2018, 03:59 AM
Ooh, I had a nice one a while ago! In the dream, I was at a tropical island swimming in the sea with my hair loose and afterwards, I left it to air dry. (Now in real life, hair that long would have gotten tangled on the coral and all of that!) In the dream, my hair was a little past floor length when wet and as I turned in circles, swishing it around to help it dry, I kept stepping on it!
I wish I'd get more dreams like that.

Glitch
May 6th, 2018, 07:45 PM
Just myself again in a giant field of yellow flowers, with very long, soft, silky, one length natural black (still growing out the bleach) hair - which I guess I think about a little too often! I was sitting in the wind and somehow not worrying about bangs getting all messed up. Everything was care-free with the long, sleeky strands flowing in the warm wind under the hot sun :o

Joules
May 7th, 2018, 12:22 AM
Every single hair dream I've ever had always involved something scary for me: cutting it off, dying it with chemical dyes, etc. And it's always been like I decided to do it and then I regret it, like I have control and I make bad decisions, it doesn't happen on its own. I usually wake up panicked and check my braid :D

In Russia (or maybe in other countries, too, idk) it's believed that hair in our dreams symbolises our life energy, so you can kinda interpret them. For example, I do make regrettable decisions on a daily basis, so my subconscience shows me such metaphoric images quite often.

Dark40
May 9th, 2018, 04:57 PM
I always have dreams of having long silky ankle length hair just blowing and shining in the under the warm sun, and it is bright red. I'm growing out box dye that is a medium blonde. But I am planning on coloring again within the next 2 months or so.

Glitch
May 12th, 2018, 11:46 AM
So, I finally had a hair nightmare last night!

I was in class, with loose hair over the chair. I kept seeing a random girl who I don’t know keep staring at it. In this dream, I then bun my hair for many days and when I finally take it out, it’s neck length. I’m in shock, and so I act normal around my friend. I run outside, and confront that girl from earlier. She confesses to cutting it off, and I start chasing her with scissors, I guess wanting to cut hers too? LOL. Anyway, she suddenly becomes Kanye West, who’s got no hair, so I run back to the school. I ball my eyes out by the locker, telling my friend what happened, and she cries with me.

Jeez, lol, what a ridiculous dream! More hilarious than anything (well, at least now that I’m awake haha). I kept saying over and over in the dream things like, “my waist length hair!! It will now take me at least a year!” I guess I’ve been thinking too much about my hair? So weird! What the heck was this dream even :rollin:

Joules
May 12th, 2018, 12:12 PM
So, I finally had a hair nightmare last night!

I was in class, with loose hair over the chair. I kept seeing a random girl who I don’t know keep staring at it. In this dream, I then bun my hair for many days and when I finally take it out, it’s neck length. I’m in shock, and so I act normal around my friend. I run outside, and confront that girl from earlier. She confesses to cutting it off, and I start chasing her with scissors, I guess wanting to cut hers too? LOL. Anyway, she suddenly becomes Kanye West, who’s got no hair, so I ran away back to the school. I ball my eyes out by the locker, telling my friend what happened, and she cries with me.

Jeez, lol, what a ridiculous dream! More hilarious than anything (well, at least now that I’m awake haha). I kept saying over and over in the dream things like, “my waist length hair!! It will now take me at least a year!” I guess I’ve been thinking too much about my hair? So weird! What the heck was this dream even :rollin:

that escalated quickly...:rollin:

I had an uncomfortable hair-related dream today, too. In my dream I was wearing my hair in two Dutch brades, and when I undid them I discovered two huge bald spots behind my ears. When I took a mirror to look closer, I saw that all my length was gone, all I had was a stubble similar to the hair I have on my legs when I forget to shave for a week, with density of about 5 strands per cm2. Plus bald spots behind ears. I was so happy to wake up and feel my braid in my mouth!

Glitch
May 12th, 2018, 12:50 PM
that escalated quickly...:rollin:

I had an uncomfortable hair-related dream today, too. In my dream I was wearing my hair in two Dutch brades, and when I undid them I discovered two huge bald spots behind my ears. When I took a mirror to look closer, I saw that all my length was gone, all I had was a stubble similar to the hair I have on my legs when I forget to shave for a week, with density of about 5 strands per cm2. Plus bald spots behind ears. I was so happy to wake up and feel my braid in my mouth!

Right?! :laugh:

How awful :( But like you said, the best part is waking up from these bad dreams and feeling that rush of relief, knowing none of it was real :flower: