PDA

View Full Version : Picture of my hair today

tagisa
October 3rd, 2008, 03:34 PM
This is a picture I took of my hair today. I haven't taken one for some time, and can't believe how long it is!

Yeah, I knew it was long...but not this long!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee143/tagisa/IMG_8215.jpg

spidermom
October 3rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Oh my but that is very long, and becoming on you, too.

maliha
October 3rd, 2008, 03:42 PM
Thats a good length :) but i think you must concentrate on volume as well,,Happy healthy hair growing

Mary <><
October 3rd, 2008, 03:42 PM
Lovely! :thudpile:

Gumball
October 3rd, 2008, 03:46 PM
Your hair looks great, tagisa! I absolutely love the waves you have.

Dolly
October 3rd, 2008, 03:49 PM
Absolutely lovely!

freznow
October 3rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
Amazing length! And very pretty color and texture.

How long have you been growing?

nisolu
October 3rd, 2008, 03:51 PM
That's some great hair! I love your signature picture, just beautiful.

Tapioca
October 3rd, 2008, 03:52 PM
Wow, that *is* long. Past classic, heading for knees.

Starr
October 3rd, 2008, 03:55 PM
Your hair is absolutely lovely!:flowers:

Katahdin
October 3rd, 2008, 04:03 PM
Gorgeous! :shocked:

I hope my hair becomes that long one day.

Shiin
October 3rd, 2008, 04:09 PM
Gorgeous :blossom:

GoldLady
October 3rd, 2008, 04:10 PM
Wow, just beautiful. So long and I love the waves and color. Just fantastic. What a wonderful discovery!
:cheese:

longinthehair
October 3rd, 2008, 04:16 PM
Holy liftin'! - that's stupendous! Beautifully long!

Teazel
October 3rd, 2008, 04:19 PM
You're just an inch or two ahead of me. :D How long are you aiming for?

tagisa
October 3rd, 2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the nice comments everyone! :blossom:

It definitely is not as thick as it used to be, but this picture was taken shortly after a shower...so it was still wet.

The waves are really only there when my hair is this long (my longest ever!). At waist length they seem to be half way there.

freznow, When I was 3 years old, I told my mom I wanted hair like hers which was just past waist length. She said ok and the shortest it has been since then (at 17 yrs) is just a few inches past my shoulders (mid upper arm?).

My avatar pic was taken about a year ago with a PapaDonh hair stick.

♥tagisa

tagisa
October 3rd, 2008, 04:26 PM
You're just an inch or two ahead of me. :D How long are you aiming for?

Honestly, I never expected to have it this long, there was no goal....and I'm sort of tired of it. *yikes* It's everywhere!

What's your goal?

tagisa
October 3rd, 2008, 04:28 PM
Gorgeous! :shocked:

I hope my hair becomes that long one day.

Yours will! Just hang in there :cheese:

Teazel
October 3rd, 2008, 04:30 PM
Well, I never thought I'd want to go longer than classic, but here I am... currently aiming for mid-thigh, and if I get that far who knows? I'm kind of curious to find out where my terminal length is, just once in my life.

So are you going to cut? :D

tagisa
October 3rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
Well, I never thought I'd want to go longer than classic, but here I am... currently aiming for mid-thigh, and if I get that far who knows? I'm kind of curious to find out where my terminal length is, just once in my life.

So are you going to cut? :D

Wow! Mid-thigh!

I have mixed feelings about cutting it. I want to...but then when I think about it I change my mind. Really, I just don't know.

yogachic
October 3rd, 2008, 04:37 PM
You have gorgeous hair, I really like that length on you.

Teazel
October 3rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
I understand your ambivalence. And I don't want to sway you or anything, but take a look at Stagecoach's sig pic (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=2407&type=sigpic&dateline=1215721072) and see if it inspires you. :wink:

tagisa
October 3rd, 2008, 04:51 PM
I understand your ambivalence. And I don't want to sway you or anything, but take a look at Stagecoach's sig pic (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?u=2407&type=sigpic&dateline=1215721072) and see if it inspires you. :wink:

I did notice her picture and thought she has beautiful hair! It would probably take me another year+ or so to get there.

skay
October 3rd, 2008, 04:51 PM
Wow, it is long!!

It's funny how long hair can sneak up on you.

It's looking great!

longingforlocks
October 3rd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Your hair is so lovely! I am interested, though, in what you said about how the waves are more prominent now than when it was at waist length. Wouldn't your length tend to pull the curls out of your hair?

tagisa
October 3rd, 2008, 05:02 PM
Your hair is so lovely! I am interested, though, in what you said about how the waves are more prominent now than when it was at waist length. Wouldn't your length tend to pull the curls out of your hair?

Thanks!
My hair has never been curly, just wavy around the hairline and in the back center, mostly underneath. I don't understand why, but it is a lot more wavy now except for the first 4-6 inches of growth where it is almost straight.

It seems like the waves would be pulled straight, but they just seem to spiral more at the ends.

I don't get it.

1nuitblanche
October 3rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
Your hair is absolutely beautiful!

paper
October 3rd, 2008, 06:03 PM
:thud: wow, you have beautiful hair!

Addy
October 3rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
Stunningly long!

I love it! :crush:

TammySue
October 3rd, 2008, 06:51 PM
Wow! Long and Lovely! :blossom:

Elenna
October 3rd, 2008, 07:45 PM
:thud: Oh my, what gorgeous hair!

6monkeys
October 3rd, 2008, 08:16 PM
What beautiful hair!

embee
October 3rd, 2008, 08:19 PM
Wow! That is great length! :) With waves and things too. Oh dear. Envy envy envy! ;)

Kittee
October 3rd, 2008, 08:32 PM
Beautiful. That is my goal length. I think. :)

DecafJane
October 3rd, 2008, 08:59 PM
Wow, your hair is amazing!

Tressie
October 4th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Just wonderful! Condition, length, waves! Love it!! (o:

tagisa
October 4th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Thanks everyone, you are all so sweet :flower:

willowcandra
October 4th, 2008, 02:40 AM
This is a picture I took of my hair today. I haven't taken one for some time, and can't believe how long it is!

Yeah, I knew it was long...but not this long!

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee143/tagisa/IMG_8215.jpg

wow that is very beautiful. Very nice length on you too. I think your figure compliments it.
and ooh maybe 5/6" from knee?

Ndnlady
October 4th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Wow! Your hair is lovely!:)

shelivade
October 4th, 2008, 04:01 AM
I am astonished by how long your hair is, it is noticeably longer than Classic Length. And your signature picture is equally as beautiful. However I agree with Maliha, you should now concentrate on volume.

How long has it been since you began growing your hair, and how long was your hair before you started growing it?

Arctic_Mama
October 4th, 2008, 04:32 AM
:thud:

Looks GREAT, I love the gentle curve of the hemline too!

Periwinkle
October 4th, 2008, 04:55 AM
:thud:

I am gobsmacked. That is stunning hair!

Chrissy
October 4th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Wow! Mid-thigh!

I have mixed feelings about cutting it. I want to...but then when I think about it I change my mind. Really, I just don't know.

It's totally up to you but I have become a don't cut advocate. Since I cut mine - I liked it at first but now I so miss it! Look at before and after then think a looong time before you cut. I wish I could have my hair back. Alas I have to work and wait to get it back. Your hair is beautiful but you have to be comfortable. I hope you keep it long.

zift
October 4th, 2008, 07:53 PM
What gorgeous hair! And even though it's wet in the pic, it still looks thick all the way down, awesome! :rockerdud

RavennaNight
October 4th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Wow beautiful. That is a lot of length. Very awesome.

Angellen
October 4th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Oh, how gorgeous. You are certainly very lucky to have such beautiful long hair!

jojo
October 5th, 2008, 11:28 AM
beautiful, wish mine would creep up on me too!

Angelica
October 5th, 2008, 04:48 PM
I don't think there is anything wrong with the volume here at all. Your hair is wonderful.

I am astonished that somebody has even mentioned you cutting it! I thought we were all encouraging long hair here!

You have wonderful hair, I really hope that you don't cut it and keep on growing it.

It was obviously wet when you photographed it and it looked stunning. One of the nicest loose haired photos I have seen on here.

You have the hair I would desire.

Mine isn't nearly thick enough or strong enough to get to that length.

I am so pleased for you!

mellie
October 5th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Wow!!! I'm so jealous!!! :-)

Beatnik Guy
October 5th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Wow! :agape:

Robinlyn
October 5th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Such beautiful hair!! Thanks for sharing!!

DarkChocolate
October 5th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Wow:)

You have very nice hair:)
How long have you been growing it?

Seraphina
October 6th, 2008, 03:37 AM
That's lovely !

DavidN
October 6th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Your hair is beautiful, Tagista, and I cannot get over how long it is! You have the loveliest waves as well.

Aditi
October 6th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Thats a good length :) but i think you must concentrate on volume as well,,Happy healthy hair growing
I agree. You have completed first phase of achieving long locks and now its time for second phase Great Volume.

AprilElf
October 6th, 2008, 06:04 AM
:thudpile:
Stunning hair you have there, my dear! That's a picture I shall hold in my mind as inspiration for my own length goal. :heart:

Katze
October 6th, 2008, 06:15 AM
wow, really impressive length! Whatever you're doing, keep it up, whether you trim or not! :D

NeilTheFuzz
October 6th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Wooooah! That's VERY long hair :cheese: Slightly envious of you :D

SHELIAANN1969
October 6th, 2008, 06:27 AM
WOW----good growing! :blossom:

Diamondbell
October 6th, 2008, 08:19 AM
Both length and thickness are good! Beautiful! :)

Xandergrammy
October 6th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Your hair is gorgeous!

NiAosSi
October 6th, 2008, 09:32 AM
So LONG! It's beautiful. :heart:

Anne~
October 6th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Very pretty!

bunnii
October 6th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Oh Wow! :thud: your hair looks amazing!! I love the waves too.

FrannyG
October 6th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Wow. Just wow. Your hair certainly is long and it's also very beautiful. Thank you for sharing that photo. :blossom:

ole gray mare
October 6th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Wow...beautiful! I look forward to more photos. Thanks for sharing! :flowers:

Molster
October 7th, 2008, 06:46 AM
Very beautiful and don't you dare cut it :)

How about aiming for knee-length? It's not far to go. And hair this length is so versatile.

eresh
October 7th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Very beautiful! Even when still wet.
Both thickness and length and color and waviness :-D

justme
October 7th, 2008, 09:54 PM
Beautiful in length, volume, and every other way!

Tashomani
October 7th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I want mine that longggggggggg Simply wonderful.... Please do not cut!!

rubyredslippers
October 7th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Wow, your hair is phenomenal! I really admire your hemline too--it's so blunt for such an extraordinary length. If that's your hair wet, I'm sure dry is even more amazing.

alexnl
October 27th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Wow, really beautifull, so very long and thick.

Even while wet in the picture, it still looks thick and full. So i don't understand the reactions: "concentrate on volume" from some of you at all. Just look at that even hemline! There's nothing wrong with the hairvolume! Most of us here would love to have such full hair.

Alex

DaveDecker
October 27th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Oh, my! :bigeyes: You have gorgeous hair, tagisa! :thumbsup:

Ms Monnie
October 27th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Wow, really beautifull, so very long and thick.

Even while wet in the picture, it still looks thick and full. So i don't understand the reactions: "concentrate on volume" from some of you at all. Just look at that even hemline! There's nothing wrong with the hairvolume! Most of us here would love to have such full hair.

Alex
I quite agree with all of this.

missy60
October 27th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Very beautiful hair! It is just perfect the way it is

joyfulmom4
October 28th, 2008, 01:50 PM
You have gorgeous hair. I had guessed that the photo was taken while still damp. I imagine it must be really full and even more gorgeous when those pretty waves dry.

I can relate to the surprise of discovering that your hair is longer than you'd imagined. I just had my dd take a pic of mine and it was way longer than I expected too. Funny how that happens. :D

I can also relate to the ambivalence about having your hair so long. It takes a long time to get hair that long and I think most people enjoy change from time to time. I had been considering cutting my hair when I discovered LHC. It had gotten long enough that I was starting to sit on it and I've always considered that to be the point at which my hair needs a cut. I was thinking of going up to BSL or so.

Then I found LHC and discovered a multitude of new ways to fix my hair and also saw many women (and a few men) with hair in even longer lengths and it was gorgeous. Instead of feeling like my hair was abnormally long, I finally felt like I was in like company and my hair was a fairly common length (imagine that). When I looked around and saw all the cool new updo's and great new hairtoys and great lengths, well, I was inspired all over to keep growing it.

My suggestion before you cut is to try out some new ways of wearing your hair, new hairtoys, etc. Then if you still feel like you want an even greater change, well then go for it. It's your hair. It should make you happy. :-)

But, for the record, I think it's positively gorgeous the way it is!

Robbi Dehlinger
October 28th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I am soooo JEALOUS! And inspired too:)

Jorja
October 28th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Absolutely gorgeous hair. You must be so proud I wouldn't be able to leave it alone if mine were that long! You must have treated your hair really well, so if there's any little tips you want to share ................ :wink:

Robbi Dehlinger
October 28th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Absolutely gorgeous hair. You must be so proud I wouldn't be able to leave it alone if mine were that long! You must have treated your hair really well, so if there's any little tips you want to share ................ :wink:

Yours looks very nice from what I can see of it?

MischiefsMuse
October 28th, 2008, 02:56 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it'd be like the 'how are you wearing your hair today' thread :) I'd love to see your hair all dry and glossy! Meanwhile, I'd love to have a thread where everyone checked in with updated hair progress/hair do pics... It's probably already on here somewhere. *goes back to rummaging*

granitbaby
October 28th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Your hair is lovely!!
I just kept scrolling down and down but your hair never seemed to end:D

Your hair really inspires me.

yzkaloha
October 28th, 2008, 10:51 PM
OMG, I could only wish for hair that long. It is beautiful!

rileysmama32208
October 28th, 2008, 11:22 PM
That is BEAUTIFUL!! Is that what they call "classic" length? (im still learning terms :) )

sahiba
October 28th, 2008, 11:33 PM
What length.:thumbsup: Its really pretty.

MerryKat
October 29th, 2008, 12:49 AM
Your hair is truely awesome and you are an inspiration to me.

littlemiss
October 29th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Very nice!!! I have hair ENVY!!!

karenpetal
October 29th, 2008, 01:01 AM
wow your hair is soooo pretty - gorgeous !!!!!!!