PDA

View Full Version : I'm so mad at myself

PalomaSincera
May 16th, 2015, 09:03 PM
I'm so mad at myself for cutting my hair SL in March. This happens every 2-3 years. My hair gets to MBL or WL and I don't know what to do with it so I cut it to my shoulders. This time I actually wanted to keep growing it but I was upset about something and I took it out on my hair. Why? Why? I feel like I'm not myself. I don't feel pretty anymore... I vow to never do this again. Ever.

divinedobbie
May 16th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Live and learn. Look on the bright side, your ends must be amazingly thick and healthy now. Focus on growing it back out even healthier and prettier.

pili
May 16th, 2015, 09:24 PM
I feel ya! I did the same with my last big chop, except mine ended up in a pixie.

DeadlyUnicorn
May 16th, 2015, 09:43 PM
I think this happens to many, many people. :) I used to get really bored and do something I regretted to my hair but it's been a long time since I've done that.. I never truly "loved" my hair until I grew it long. So I think coming to this site will help you reach your goals, and you'll be equipped with great advice and tips so you can start it off real healthy! :o

starfire
May 16th, 2015, 09:55 PM
I do that too! Or did. Hopefully, I've learned my lesson.

aspartame gram
May 16th, 2015, 11:07 PM
I did that with henna. Booooy was that a mistake! I had to chop my hair a few times now and there's still some dye left. I'm currently at above shoulder, so I feel your pain. It'll grow back and a lot healthier, just like others have said. ::blossom::

vega
May 16th, 2015, 11:19 PM
Sounds like a viscious cycle

amanda_the_tall
May 17th, 2015, 01:08 AM
I also did this! Last August, I was like "oh, I'm graduating college, let's get this cool trendy A line bob to get rid of the old dye damaged hair". Then the lady cut it WAY shorter than she indicated she would. Then my fiance surprise proposed, so now my hair is gonna be super short for the wedding... There went my dream for waist length hair at my wedding! But, it grows back. :) Just keep it in mind next time, "cutting my hair didn't help with the situation, but I made it through it, and I will reach the long hair goal".

Eleven
May 17th, 2015, 01:37 AM
Hello AlejandraMaria. I also recently got SL - against my will thanks to a hairdresser who does not understand 'trim the ends' - my hair chopped off (I had a long lob in between, which I did quite like, the ends still hitting APL). I'm also feeling a lot of anger and regret here. Anger for going to that hairdresser (even though I've sworn to never go there again since they already devastated my hair 5 years ago) and regret well... I'm really missing my waist back hair now - it was that long before I've cut it into a lob - so I'm regretting chopping it off in the first place now. The lob was 'ok', the waist back hair was 'amazing'. I used to be complemented on my waist back blonde hair. Now people don't say anything at all. Even had some friends fell silent when I walked in with my SL hair. So I can relate if you say you don't feel as pretty any more ..

But it will grow back right? And I'm sure you're still a very pretty lady! :flower: And looks are not everything. I was surprised how superficial some of my 'friends' were. :hmm:

elsieivy
May 17th, 2015, 01:41 AM
I'm sorry. I've been there. As others said it's probably in wonderful condition and ready to grow, grow, grow now.

PalomaSincera
May 18th, 2015, 08:27 PM
Live and learn. Look on the bright side, your ends must be amazingly thick and healthy now. Focus on growing it back out even healthier and prettier.

My hair is thicker than ever. You're right, I'll try to look at the bright side. I'm trying.

PalomaSincera
May 18th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Hello AlejandraMaria. I also recently got SL - against my will thanks to a hairdresser who does not understand 'trim the ends' - my hair chopped off (I had a long lob in between, which I did quite like, the ends still hitting APL). I'm also feeling a lot of anger and regret here. Anger for going to that hairdresser (even though I've sworn to never go there again since they already devastated my hair 5 years ago) and regret well... I'm really missing my waist back hair now - it was that long before I've cut it into a lob - so I'm regretting chopping it off in the first place now. The lob was 'ok', the waist back hair was 'amazing'. I used to be complemented on my waist back blonde hair. Now people don't say anything at all. Even had some friends fell silent when I walked in with my SL hair. So I can relate if you say you don't feel as pretty any more ..

But it will grow back right? And I'm sure you're still a very pretty lady! :flower: And looks are not everything. I was surprised how superficial some of my 'friends' were. :hmm:

Aww I'm sorry that hair dresser did that to you!!!

PalomaSincera
May 18th, 2015, 08:30 PM
I also did this! Last August, I was like "oh, I'm graduating college, let's get this cool trendy A line bob to get rid of the old dye damaged hair". Then the lady cut it WAY shorter than she indicated she would. Then my fiance surprise proposed, so now my hair is gonna be super short for the wedding... There went my dream for waist length hair at my wedding! But, it grows back. :) Just keep it in mind next time, "cutting my hair didn't help with the situation, but I made it through it, and I will reach the long hair goal".

Aww this is funny because my dream is to have really long hair for my graduation. I graduate winter 2016. I might be able to have mid back length by then. Hopefully :cool::rolleyes:

PalomaSincera
May 18th, 2015, 08:31 PM
I think this happens to many, many people. :) I used to get really bored and do something I regretted to my hair but it's been a long time since I've done that.. I never truly "loved" my hair until I grew it long. So I think coming to this site will help you reach your goals, and you'll be equipped with great advice and tips so you can start it off real healthy! :o

You're absolutely right! I've learned a lot and I'm taking care of it like never before.

hennalonghair
May 18th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Been there. Done that. I agree to just focus on the fact that your hair is probably thicker than it's ever been and just relish in that fact. Healthy hair isn't just about length. It's about the health of the hair in totality .
I bet there's a lot of positive things you could say about your new hair that perhaps you've overlooked.

Wusel
May 19th, 2015, 05:16 AM

So, he proposed and your wedding is a month later?
Usually you are engaged one year before you marry so, your hair can grow much in one year...

Laurenji
May 19th, 2015, 06:06 AM
So, he proposed and your wedding is a month later?
Usually you are engaged one year before you marry so, your hair can grow much in one year...

I didn't realize there was a set amount of time that you were supposed to be engaged for? I thought it was just, "we're engaged until we can get all the plans for the wedding together."

starfire
May 19th, 2015, 01:51 PM
I didn't realize there was a set amount of time that you were supposed to be engaged for? I thought it was just, "we're engaged until we can get all the plans for the wedding together."

Your engagement can be as long (or short) as you want. Congratulations, btw!

Acidrop
May 19th, 2015, 09:54 PM
About 6 years ago I was diagnosed with osteo arthritis in my left hip, and told I'd need it replaced.

I slowly put on a lot of weight, as my mobility decreased and my pain increased. Ultimately my
Days were trying to get through a blue collar work day, and going to sleep on ice packs, while taking too many pain pills.

It was at this point I decided I just was not pulling off the "long haired surfer dude" look I had with long bleach blonde hair.

I went into a barbers and had it cut
to a military brush cut.

I never mentally recovered from that loss my my identity.

My hip was replaced a year ago, I've lost over 30 pounds, and feel like myself again living pain free and able to walk miles, even go running, and go back. To the karate school and train again.

All that's missing is my long hair!

It's been a hard lesson to learn, but no matter what happens to me again, I'll never, EVER, cut my hair again!

I think I've rambled....thanks for listening lol ;)

3dgfan
May 19th, 2015, 10:12 PM
Acidrop, wow that must have been a challenge! It's good to know that you feel like yourself again. And the hair will eventually grow out stronger than ever.

Acidrop
May 20th, 2015, 12:14 AM
Thankyou 3dgfan!

I realize I'd forgotten my point to the original poster...

It's a horrible feeling when you recognize you've undone all the work of growing your hair.
Especially if cutting hair off has messed with your self identity.

I'm sorry you're going through that now, and I hope you can find comfort with the people here on the forums! :)

endlessly
May 20th, 2015, 11:37 AM
This happens sometimes and while it completely sucks especially when you want to grow your hair long, I think it's still completely normal to occasionally do this. I've had one too many bad haircuts to every attempt it again, so like a few have been saying "lesson learned", I guess.

PalomaSincera
May 20th, 2015, 11:45 AM
Acidrop, exactly like you said it :-(

Here are two old pictures of my hair:
http://s1.postimg.org/53itk1ne3/image.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/53itk1ne3/)
http://s2.postimg.org/sz1s4w8md/image.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/sz1s4w8md/)

PalomaSincera
May 20th, 2015, 11:46 AM
This happens sometimes and while it completely sucks especially when you want to grow your hair long, I think it's still completely normal to occasionally do this. I've had one too many bad haircuts to every attempt it again, so like a few have been saying "lesson learned", I guess.

Definitely learned my lesson this time. Never. Again.

PalomaSincera
May 20th, 2015, 11:48 AM
About 6 years ago I was diagnosed with osteo arthritis in my left hip, and told I'd need it replaced.

I slowly put on a lot of weight, as my mobility decreased and my pain increased. Ultimately my
Days were trying to get through a blue collar work day, and going to sleep on ice packs, while taking too many pain pills.

It was at this point I decided I just was not pulling off the "long haired surfer dude" look I had with long bleach blonde hair.

I went into a barbers and had it cut
to a military brush cut.

I never mentally recovered from that loss my my identity.

My hip was replaced a year ago, I've lost over 30 pounds, and feel like myself again living pain free and able to walk miles, even go running, and go back. To the karate school and train again.

All that's missing is my long hair!

It's been a hard lesson to learn, but no matter what happens to me again, I'll never, EVER, cut my hair again!

I think I've rambled....thanks for listening lol ;)

Ohhh. Just read this. Thanks for sharing your story. That had to be a little traumatizing.

*ReiKa*
May 20th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Dear, this happens to everybody at least once in life. I have yet to know somebody that never cut his/her hair all of a sudden and deeply regretted it afterwards.
I had a similar experience as Acidrop's, cut my BSL hair to chin and absolutely HATED it. I used to look myself in the mirror everyday and hated what I saw, I couldn't recognise myself, that wasn't me, short hair just doesn't belong to my image, especially THAT short.
Take it as a lesson.... We all make mistake, just learn from them... trust me you'll never do it again :o whenever the thought of cutting my hair very short crosses my mind now, I shudder :p I couldn't ever do it again, not an option at all!

Nightshade
May 20th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Dear, this happens to everybody at least once in life. I have yet to know somebody that never cut his/her hair all of a sudden and deeply regretted it afterwards.

Let me be the first person you know who has never done that :)

But I get what you mean, it is really common. :(

ravenheather
May 20th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Actually I never have either. I wore short hair for years and haven't trimmed more than an inch or two since I started growing. 2 week rule is a good one.

Acidrop
May 20th, 2015, 04:19 PM
OMG Alejandramaria, that's a heavy,wonderful head of hair!

You have a lot to look forward to!

Use this time to get any short hair styles out of you system, then you're in the 'never again' club!

Alien Girl
May 21st, 2015, 04:21 AM
I did this too like 3-4 times over the course of age 12-19.
Whenever I'd get extremely depressed I'd chop my hair to my CHIN. No more though. I've had long hair only twice since middle school and I want to finally have long hair again and keep it!!