PDA

View Full Version : Long time lurker, once made account - now back again thanks to hair disaster.

Eleven
May 16th, 2015, 02:03 PM
Hello everyone. I don't think I have ever properly introduced myself.

I have made this account a while ago. But soon life wanted attention (lots of big changes in a short periode of time) so I wasn't very active.
Recently, I've been going through some big changes again. I'm graduating university soon, and I'm finding it very hard to find a job (I have a social worker degree and l've almost got a masters degree in public health). My partner is a med student, and is going trough some big changes as well. He has not been around very much lately: always studying, doing internships, etc.

Needless to say, in my search to find something I could 'control', I cut my hair. I had midback hair and cut it into a long bob ('lob'). It came trough as a shock at first, but I loved it. I could still do a lot of updo's, braids, ... To keep myself happy. The longest ends (in the front) were still at APL. Soon I found out that in order to maintain that perfect lob shape, regular trims were necessary. So I went to my hairdresser. Asked for a trim. And ended up with hair at shoulder length, with lots of afwul layers. This cut does not suit me at all. Since my hair is quite thick, the ends are flippy. And I just can not cope with how - in my eyes - short it is. Thanks to the layers I am no longer able to make any braid or updo, except the tiny ponytail. The thought of having to use a flat iron every day to manage the flips is making me cringe - I'm not a fan of these things at all.

I've been thinking of getting it cut again to get rid of these afwul flippy ends and layers but I can honestly say I'm not going to handle losing more length well. So for now, I'm wearing it up (read: teeny tiny ponytail) all the time, since I can't stand my hair in any other way. In my eyes, it's disgusting.

So, all of this has made me even more insecure about everything in the end. And made me remember this wonderful website and my account. I find it very hard to not run to the (another!) hairstylist and get the afwul ends chopped off. But I know I will regret this in the end. I've now realized I want my long locks from a two months ago back: back to midback length. So hello everybody. Who's in this hair journey with me?

lapushka
May 16th, 2015, 02:27 PM
Welcome back. I'm not gonna lie. It's going to take a lot of time and patience, meanwhile I would rock that ponytail!!!

Eleven
May 17th, 2015, 01:41 AM
Welcome back. I'm not gonna lie. It's going to take a lot of time and patience, meanwhile I would rock that ponytail!!!

Thanks lapushka. :flower:
I know. That's why I'm here, hehe :D. Let's go teeny tiny ponytail mode, woohoo! :hollie:

Wusel
May 17th, 2015, 02:10 AM
Thanks lapushka. :flower:
I know. That's why I'm here, hehe :D. Let's go teeny tiny ponytail mode, woohoo! :hollie:

I absolutely know how you feel. Many people here know, so, WELCOME!
Go on my YouTube channel if you like.
In some of the older videos you can see how my hairstylist butchered my hair.
An exploded toilet brush, that's how I call it.
NOW WAY that my hair type and amount can do this...
Then, in October 2014, I went to another hairdresser for a chin-chop to get rid of the layers and started growing out.
I can make a braid now and have APL without layers, thanks to LHC.
To be here regularly helped me not to run and cut. Because the chin-lenght was absolutely not menagable I was considering a pixie!
So, welcome, you will get your hair back, definitely.

Eleven
May 17th, 2015, 02:21 AM
I absolutely know how you feel. Many people here know, so, WELCOME!
Go on my YouTube channel if you like.
In some of the older videos you can see how my hairstylist butchered my hair.
An exploded toilet brush, that's how I call it.
NOW WAY that my hair type and amount can do this...
Then, in October 2014, I went to another hairdresser for a chin-chop to get rid of the layers and started growing out.
I can make a braid now and have APL without layers, thanks to LHC.
To be here regularly helped me not to run and cut. Because the chin-lenght was absolutely not menagable I was considering a pixie!
So, welcome, you will get your hair back, definitely.

'Exploded toiletbrush' actually is a very good description of the way my hair looks right now. It's hilarious & saddening at the same time, haha. :misskim: :knitfrog:
Haha. I'm trying not to run & have it cut sooooo bad. Daily struggle it is for sure!

Thanks for the kind words :flower:. Hoping to stick around here for a looong while now. :-) Love the nice atmosphere here.