PDA

View Full Version : Are you satisfied with your hair type!?!

M.McDonough
May 16th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Hello
Here's a picture of a hair I accidentally plucked out today while stroking.
I used to straighten my hair sometimes, but haven't done that in about 3 months..I've grown to love my ringlets! :)
What about you?
share your thoughts..

http://i.imgur.com/sRPv8F6.jpg

missrandie
May 16th, 2015, 11:46 AM
I have always loved my hair texture. Granted, curls were fun when I would actually curl it, but I love my finely textured straight Teflon hair :)

ovalgal
May 16th, 2015, 11:53 AM
I love that my waves give me volume and interesting texture, but sometimes I long for the silky smoothness of straighter hair. Or maybe just a more uniform pattern ;) Sometimes my hair is silky smooth S waves, and other times its wurly and frizzy and then it can be spirally or half spiral half straight. At the end of the day, I love that it has a mind of its own and am very happy with the variety it gives me!

FallingDarkness
May 16th, 2015, 12:03 PM
I like my thickness. I've always wanted my hair to be a little bit more wavy/curly, like maybe a 2c instead of a 2a. But overall I like my hair type. I appreciate my unpredictable waves, and on my good days I wouldn't want my hair to look any other way! Except for longer. :P

divinedobbie
May 16th, 2015, 12:08 PM
If I could choose, I would love to have 2c-ish hair but I'm perfectly happy with what I have since I can't change it.

CoveredByLove
May 16th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Very much. :D I had straight hair as a child and longed for natural curls. So much so, my mother let me get a perm when I was 8, and I LOVED my permed hair. lol After it grew out I resorted to curling it. God gave me the desires of my heart when I hit puberty and I grew a head full of ringlets naturally. If it was still straight, I'd be perming it! :p Thankfully that's not the case, cause perms are very bad. :p

arr
May 16th, 2015, 01:50 PM
I think it would have been nice if my hair was either more straight or more wavy. As it is, it is kind of just lumpy. But since I sleep in a braid, I just do braid waves, and that works really well to get me more to the wavy side. All in all I don't lose any sleep over my hair texture.

As far as thickness goes, I am satisfied. I wouldnt mind a little bit thinner. I think it would be easier to do more types of updos, but the longer it gets the less of a problem it should be.

lapushka
May 16th, 2015, 02:24 PM
You can't but be content with what you got given. :shrug: I wish I had curly hair, but mine's "just" wavy. So yeah, I deal with it the best I know how. :D

Sarahlabyrinth
May 16th, 2015, 02:38 PM
Well, if I could choose, I would pick sleek 1b hair, thick. But that's not what I got, so I have learned to enjoy the hair I do have - 2b.

Larki
May 16th, 2015, 02:52 PM
I wish my hair was less fine, and wavier, in that order. I get really frustrated by how fine and fragile and floaty my hair is. And it would just be nice to have naturally wavy hair, I think it's so beautiful! Braid waves just don't compare, and my hair doesn't hold a wave or curl longer than a few hours, anyway.

Chocowalnut
May 16th, 2015, 03:10 PM
I like my whirls sometimes but I would love thick straight hair mainly because I love the way straight across thick bangs look, like an anime girl. I love all hair types though when it's healthy and handled right.

ositarosita
May 16th, 2015, 03:30 PM
I love my hair texture, I love the fact that my hair will always be "mermaid" textured hair. I'm naturally a 3a but my strands are F/M so they can lose their shape very easily and leave me with really nice waves and massive body. I wouldn't trade my hair for anyone else's

BrendaLoan
May 16th, 2015, 03:44 PM
I am! I used to hate my hair as a teenager, and straighten it everyday :uhh: But now I've learnt to love what I've got

Seeshami
May 16th, 2015, 03:45 PM
No he's a jerk.

The naughty mess says, "Are you satisfied with your slave girl? NO she's whiny, and selfish and she puts me in buns"

You deserve it.

The naughty mess says "hair monster abuser!!"

AspenSong
May 16th, 2015, 03:51 PM
I'm fine with my hair type and texture - I simply wish there was more of it. *shrug*

cat11
May 16th, 2015, 04:07 PM
I thought I totally loved it now

while I do really like it, and I think its pretty... that doesnt mean I wouldnt rather have straight hair still. Lol. So I guess Im satisfied... I dont know. I like both but I would still change my hair if I had the chance.

Vivalagina
May 16th, 2015, 04:22 PM
My hair ranges from 1c to 2b. I just wish my hair picked one texture all over instead of the jumble.

Doreen
May 16th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Wish it were thicker, but overall I like it. I used to hate how difficult it was to heat-style but I don't do that anymore so it's all good.

DeadlyUnicorn
May 16th, 2015, 05:17 PM
I really love my hair! :) I'm totally satisfied with it. If I had to choose something to change I might rather have thicker/more coarse hair though.

Freija
May 16th, 2015, 05:19 PM
This is so true! I think I might have a simliar hairtype - I have a completely mixed texture, from 1c-2a wavy to 3a spirals, and from fine as spider's silk and pale blondish brown, to coarse, kinky and dark. I have loads of short, wiry hairs, too, which form frizz. I sometimes look at my hair and get really frustrated and upset at having so many different shades and thicknesses and textures all in together, with curly hairs spiking around straighter ones - but that's silly. The rest of the time it feels pretty and interesting and unique. : )

I especially like being able to choose whether I want to wear my hair wild-wavy-curly *or* straight-with-body-wave on any given day. If I brush it and apply oil as it dries, and then put it up in a bun, it falls mostly straight with a few deep, elogated s-waves; if I avoid combing it, just scrunch through some oil and a curl creme or gel and leave it in a towel or supported by my pillow overnight, then it dries in curls. It is getting harder to make it curl as it gets longer, though, so maybe I wish my curl pattern were a bit stronger?

I love that my waves give me volume and interesting texture, but sometimes I long for the silky smoothness of straighter hair. Or maybe just a more uniform pattern ;) Sometimes my hair is silky smooth S waves, and other times its wurly and frizzy and then it can be spirally or half spiral half straight. At the end of the day, I love that it has a mind of its own and am very happy with the variety it gives me!

RavennaNight
May 16th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Meh, mine's neither straight nor wavy. It's stravy. Often I wish it was straighter, but I think hennindigo and silicones have done a pretty good job at keeping the smoothness maximized. It's annoying how hair shrinks up because of the stravy-ness.

battles
May 16th, 2015, 05:26 PM
No, I honestly hate it.

I'm 2a. If I brush it, it's poofy and dry looking. My hair is too fine for my waves to hold up on their own, product is too heavy. Water pulls my waves out. If I do try to style it wavy, I'll be left with sad tentacles. The only acceptable way I've found to wear it down is braid waves or damp bunning.

Quasiquixotic
May 16th, 2015, 05:27 PM
Stravy!! I love it!

I have stravy hair as well and I love my hair. Everything about it.

hinabelle
May 16th, 2015, 05:41 PM
I don't know yet! My hair is currently relaxed, and I don't know what my natural hair type looks like.
Right now I really enjoy my hair type. Coarse, thick, kind of wavy. I just wish it was way, way longer!

AmberJewel
May 16th, 2015, 05:50 PM
I used to hate my hair, but since finding LHC I've grown to love it. I like my fine, wavy hair, so yeah, I'm content. The only things I'd change now are for it to be a little less fragile, and more hair: I wish I could have the thicker side of ii. And of course, longer! At least I know ONE of these goals is attainable. :)

yahirwaO.o
May 16th, 2015, 05:54 PM
I love my texture, I can go very straight or with some body pretty easily. Still if I was the one to choose something, Id like it be a bit thicker like amberjewel said right onthe thicker side of ii. iii is beautiful indeed but not very practical as Im now with my hair :cool:

ExpectoPatronum
May 16th, 2015, 07:06 PM
I love my wurls. I just hate how I have some sections that don't wurl up at all. Having 1c chunks against 2c/3a chunks looks odd. People don't really notice it as far as I know, so there's that at least. I've come to accept that things I'm usually self-conscious about usually go unnoticed by others.

longhairvixen
May 16th, 2015, 07:51 PM
I have 3b-3c hair and I love my thick curls. But my hair is low porosity. Which is not satisfying because its hard to absorb moisture. Products just "sit" on my hair shaft. Even when i dye my hair it doesnt aborb the color. Because of this i have to always clarify my hair everytime before i moisturize. I wish i had high porosity. I also have fine hair. Which is ok.

Lauraes
May 16th, 2015, 08:24 PM
I'm mostly content with my hair type, especially because of how soft it is. The only things I don't like about it are how easily it tangles, won't hold a curl, and the fuzziness braids get.

hennalonghair
May 16th, 2015, 08:24 PM
Yes! I've got a 2b /2c canopy and 3a /3b underlayers but it's versatile, which is why I like it most.

HintOfMint
May 16th, 2015, 08:52 PM
My true hairtype? Not remotely. However, I am grateful that it's malleable enough that product and damp bunning turns it into something I like. At least I have a relatively low effort method for changing my hair. It could be so much worse.

pili
May 16th, 2015, 09:19 PM
I hated it until I stopped fighting it. That took me 25 years. ;)

Now I love my curls and massive hair. I can't wait until I have a tailbone length mass of silver hair exploding everywhere.

b70
May 17th, 2015, 02:32 AM
I am trying to learn to love it :/
I have always wished that my hair was thicker and had some wave to it - my hair is extremely straight and fine and tends to be very flat and "lifeless" - which has led to my lifelong relationship with hair products and my blowdryer, a relationship I am now trying to get out of.

surruh
May 17th, 2015, 07:54 AM
Fairly happy. I like that my hair can be wavy if I don't do anything while it's drying. But it is also easy to get fairly straight hair with little or no heat, by blow drying or fan drying it. However I wish for a little more thickness, my buns and braids always seem puny to me!

Crysania
May 17th, 2015, 08:22 AM
there are pros and cons to my hair texture, which is 2C.

Pros:
It looks voluminous, even though it isn't.
I can have beach waves naturally.
It is easy to detangle.

Cons:
It looks frizzy and damaged, even tho it's not damaged!
My hair is dark blonde, the constant need for product makes my hair look darker(dirtier in my case) than it would without any product in it.
The constant need for product forces me to wash my hair more often.
An ugly bump will show and i will need to re-wet my hair after removing the elastic from a ponytail.

My dream hair texture is silky straight hair with iii thickness, with no annoying widows peak!

Hairkay
May 17th, 2015, 11:08 AM
There were times when I was less than pleased about the thickness and wished the curls to be a bit looser with less frizz but in overall I'm content. I like the colour of my hair. I like my variety. I have some hair strands just like the OP, other are like corkscrews that come in 3 different curl diameters. Hair strands also vary so I've got fine, medium and coarse.

Ephemia
May 17th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Mine's ok, but I would like it to be at the higher end of ii or the low end of iii.

ovalgal
May 17th, 2015, 03:43 PM
there are pros and cons to my hair texture, which is 2C.

Pros:
It looks voluminous, even though it isn't.
I can have beach waves naturally.
It is easy to detangle.

Cons:
It looks frizzy and damaged, even tho it's not damaged!
My hair is dark blonde, the constant need for product makes my hair look darker(dirtier in my case) than it would without any product in it.
The constant need for product forces me to wash my hair more often.
An ugly bump will show and i will need to re-wet my hair after removing the elastic from a ponytail.

My dream hair texture is silky straight hair with iii thickness, with no annoying widows peak!

YES about the frizzy and damaged part. I look at it sometimes and wonder if I need a trim or something and then realize, nope, it's just my waves today. I do love the volume I have. I have a friend who has what would be my ideal texture and she feels like she has no volume at the roots (now she has iii thickness, so there is that "volume").

I'm sure there are pros and cons to each texture especially depending on each persons lifestyle! Straighter would make my day to day life easier, but my wavy texture gives me options when I want them which is nice :)

DweamGoiL
May 17th, 2015, 04:07 PM
I hated my hair for the first 30 years of my life. I couldn't understand that at shorter lengths, it curls to a 3a. At medium length, it has a prominent wave in the 2b-c range so it took a lot of patience to figure out what and how to manage it. I have been using Henndigo for the last 2 years or so and it's straightened out to a constant 2a. In the Summer, it can frizz quite a bit, but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I like the fact that it can either curl or be straight easily. I like having the best of both worlds, but I do secretly wish that it was more in the 3a range all the time.

tyrant1100
May 17th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Not content at all. If I didn't love hairtoys so much, I would seriously be one of those women who shaves their heads. I'm on the very extreme side of thin/fine/straight. Hairdressers used to take forever just trimming it because they couldn't get the clips they'd use to divide out the sections to stay put and they'd slip right out. My first sentient memories are of me attempting to cut all my hair off (much to my mother's dismay) because I couldn't manage it. Still can't. Nothing I do seems to help so I just put it up to get it out of my way. I'm just glad I found hairsticks and forks because literally nothing else could ever hold it (too slippery). I'm fond of the color and have never dyed it, though, so it's not 100% bad.

Auni
May 17th, 2015, 07:14 PM
It's so very cool to see that most of us here enjoy our hair type!:D I understand the whole grass is greener thing, when I was younger and had straight hair, I would curl it. Then a few years after I hit puberty, and got curls, I would straighten it! Now, for the most part I really enjoy it, other than when the dew points creep up and I'm left with a mass of chaotic volume that can only be contained in a bun. Do I think it would be easier if it was neatly straight, absolutely! But I love the variety my texture gives me.:blossom:

*ReiKa*
May 17th, 2015, 10:38 PM
I guess I am of the few that still doesn't accept her hair type. I probably never will, I kinda gave up hope about it!
I'm a 1c and my hair just looks messy to me. Straight when freshly washed and dried and then over time silly waves will appear that don't make a sense to me cos they totally lack a pattern, the ends will curl slightly and aim at different directions, it will get more puffy and the whole mane just looks messy and unkempt.
Very unhappy.

ovalgal
May 17th, 2015, 10:49 PM
I agree with everyone wanting more thickness :pray:

Hoping that comes with all the layers I'm growing out.

Aderyn
May 18th, 2015, 12:22 AM
Wouldn't mind having more thickness or more even waves, but I am quite content with my hair as is.

cutekitty
May 18th, 2015, 04:09 PM
Yes, I am.
I would still like to have straighter hair any day, but I love mine as it is, it makes me happy :cloud9:.

cherrybird
May 18th, 2015, 05:36 PM
I wish my hair was curlier. I used to have 3B but now it's heading towards 2C. I also used to wish for straight hair but now I identify so strongly with curly hair that I couldn't imagine myself with any other hair type.

I like the thickness of my hair. I am coming to terms with the colour. In my length shots my hair looks dark and shiny but anywhere else it's a light ash brown/dark blonette. I hope some time in the sun will warm up the colour a little.

Arctic
May 18th, 2015, 05:37 PM
I try to cultivate that kind of state of mind, yes. In general I am quite happy.

However if I am honest, I would hope to get my original hairtype back. I also would like to have denser hair. Not neccessarily thicker, but denser.

grimsqueaker
May 18th, 2015, 08:11 PM
I do sometimes wish it was coarser, so that I could get it to "hold" better in buns/styling/etc. and also straighter, because it tangles a lot as it dries. But those are pretty minor issues, so overall, I would say I'm pretty happy with it.

endlessly
May 18th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Yes and no. I've always wished my hair was tightly coiled ringlets instead of semi-straight with very loose waves, so it's definitely a case of the "want but can't have" situation. It's also semi-coarse with a few silky fine strands thrown in and I've always wished it would just make up its mind since that would make it easier to care for.

Begemot
May 19th, 2015, 01:51 AM
Before I strongly prefered wavy and curly hair and did everything in my power to have my hair anything but straight. These days I still love curly and wavy hair but straight hair is just as good. It would be nice to have tiny bit thicker or denser hair... but it is what it is, I'm fine with what I got :)

YvetteVarie
May 19th, 2015, 02:04 AM
I wish I had just one hair tye instead of a range of hair types from 3c to 4c on my head. That's why I actually texturized (lightly relaxed) my hair. To have a more uniform hair type

HappyHair87
May 19th, 2015, 03:50 PM
I love my curly hair. My hair ranges from 3b to 4a. I love it bc it's magical. It shrinks now to APL/BSL. But when straightened it's almost Hip Length.

Everybody is always amazed at how long my hair actually is when it's straightened. Sometimes they're so amused with how long it is, they don't believe it's my hair.

I just wish my nape (mostly 4a/3c) matched the rest of my hair...but it's still very cute to me. :)

Illryeth
May 19th, 2015, 04:00 PM
I wish my hair had more hair strands :D
Being on a very thin and very fine side, SL, sometimes you can see the background through my strands... I dont really care if my hair would be wavy or slick straight, all hair types have their own unique beauty!

Agnes Hannah
May 20th, 2015, 06:11 AM
I can't change it so I had to get used to it. Nowadays it is fine, just wish I had a few more strands in there!

elsieivy
May 20th, 2015, 12:15 PM
I guess I am of the few that still doesn't accept her hair type. I probably never will, I kinda gave up hope about it!
I'm a 1c and my hair just looks messy to me. Straight when freshly washed and dried and then over time silly waves will appear that don't make a sense to me cos they totally lack a pattern, the ends will curl slightly and aim at different directions, it will get more puffy and the whole mane just looks messy and unkempt.
Very unhappy.

I'm the same hair type as you and those are the things I don't like about my hair as well. The whole "straight but frizzy" look is very frustrating. I do like how my hair looks in updos though, especially any of the messier, more Bohemian style ones.

*ReiKa*
May 20th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Yeah...1c hair is very hard to accept, very hard.... it's just a hair type "in between", not perfectly straight, not perfectly wavy... the result is something that looks unbrushed and unkempt :(

gwenalyn
May 20th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Do I wish my hair was a little thicker? Yes. Do I wish my hair was a little wavier? Yes.

But am I satisfied with my hair type? Yes! I know it's beautiful. It's easy to handle. I love my hair. I know that if my hair was a little thicker and wavier I would be wishing for a little more of something else (darker? lighter? straighter? highlightier?).

The only way I could love my hair more was if I could morph it to look any way I want any time! Now that's the dream .... mermaid waves yesterday, afro today, pin straight tomorrow.

Breanna
May 20th, 2015, 04:39 PM
I didn't know there was such frustration with type 1c, I think it's actually my favorite hair type! It seems much easier to manage to me at least. I do have the frizz problem but it also works so well in updos and responds fine to brushing and styling, so I'm pretty happy with it myself.

Glynis72
May 20th, 2015, 07:05 PM
I certainly think about having either straight hair or curly hair being that I am just a wavy. Really, I wouldn't know how to deal with curly 3 or 4 hair as much as I admire it. If it was straight all the time, I know I would miss my wide wurls. Lately I have been working on accepting myself as I am (and others as well)

Alien Girl
May 21st, 2015, 04:20 AM
I'm pretty content with my hair type. It's not silky and it's pretty thick, but not extremely so. Layers DO NOT work on my hair, they will get all flippy and horrible :( I've accepted that I can only either have one length or LIGHT thinning done with a razor comb. If I brush it, it'll be flatter, but if I flip my head upside down and shake it, I end up with more volume. I'm glad my hair isn't flat :D When I was younger I used to hate how thick my hair was..

Mimha
May 21st, 2015, 05:15 AM
It may sound quite self-satisfied, but... I AM very satisfied with my hair type and color, and would exchange it with no other ! :o

Of course, I'm like everybody : I sometimes think I could have a little more of it (not to feel at the mercy of a bad hair-loss period like the one I experienced before I came to LHC), or it could grow a little quicker ... but well, on the whole I love my hair ! It has all what I love in hair : it's soft and shiny, beautifully wavy and naturally curling at the end, and it has a pleasant rich warm color with beautiful natural nuances. It has a nice body and a healthy look too. It's easy to care because it doesn't tangle too much and dries quickly. What else could I ask ?? :)

Oh, and it gives me happiness anytime I comb it !... :) :)

I thank God / Mother Nature / Genetics, to have given me hair like that every day. :blossom:

Nesoi
May 21st, 2015, 05:26 AM
Pretty much, yeah. It's what I have, so I might as well learn to love it! I do love the waves because I didn't know it was wavy before I found LHC :doh: and I do love that it responds well to my strict regime of laziness :yawn: I'm not mad keen on the colour as I think it makes me look a bit washed out, but c'est la vie. I can't be bothered to dye it: I spent years doing that!

TrapperCreekD
May 21st, 2015, 12:30 PM
Pretty much, I'd say. I love my color and I get along pretty well with my texture, we have some disagreements but then we make up. Sometimes I wish for my mom's hair because it's so versatile, she can brush it straight without it frizzing or scrunch in some conditioner and have nice waves, or to be a full on curly with spirals and ringlets because 2c/3a is such an in between texture that can cause some :justy: moments.

PalomaSincera
May 21st, 2015, 12:44 PM
I've always wished that I had less hair.... But I don't anymore. I love my hair. I just need a good haircut and I'm happy. I can get out of the shower and leave it. I don't have to do anything special.

Wusel
May 21st, 2015, 02:56 PM
I've always wished that I had less hair.... But I don't anymore. I love my hair. I just need a good haircut and I'm happy. I can get out of the shower and leave it. I don't have to do anything special.

LESS hair???
NOO!!! It's a blessing to have much hair! You have exactly as much hair as I do and I've always loved this about my hair.

Dragon Faery
May 28th, 2015, 12:43 AM
When younger, I had a love/hate relationship with my hair, but now I'm usually either content or mystified. As Freija puts it:

This is so true! I think I might have a simliar hairtype - I have a completely mixed texture, from 1c-2a wavy to 3a spirals, and from fine as spider's silk and pale blondish brown, to coarse, kinky and dark. I have loads of short, wiry hairs, too, which form frizz. I sometimes look at my hair and get really frustrated and upset at having so many different shades and thicknesses and textures all in together, with curly hairs spiking around straighter ones - but that's silly. The rest of the time it feels pretty and interesting and unique. : )

I especially like being able to choose whether I want to wear my hair wild-wavy-curly *or* straight-with-body-wave on any given day. If I brush it and apply oil as it dries, and then put it up in a bun, it falls mostly straight with a few deep, elogated s-waves; if I avoid combing it, just scrunch through some oil and a curl creme or gel and leave it in a towel or supported by my pillow overnight, then it dries in curls. It is getting harder to make it curl as it gets longer, though, so maybe I wish my curl pattern were a bit stronger?

Yes, chameleon hair is wonderful and annoying at the same time. :) And you're the first person I've ever seen describe almost exactly my hair type and texture! I'm nearly straight at the nape, wavy in the middle, and 3a at the crown. Some hairs are coarse, most are medium-ish, some are fine. I've found black, blonde, and red hairs on my head, and even the occasional banded red-and-blonde rebel, though most of my strands are brown. And now it's going white, but only on the front right side. It never QUITE does what I ask, but usually comes close. If it were a schoolchild it would get a B+ or an A- on every test it took. It has its benefits for sure, but at the same time I sometimes wish I could actually fit into one hairtype category and feel like I really belonged.

But all things considered, I'd say I'm 90% satisfied with my hair. More length and less taper would make me 98% satisfied, I think. ;)

I hated it until I stopped fighting it. That took me 25 years. ;)

Now I love my curls and massive hair. I can't wait until I have a tailbone length mass of silver hair exploding everywhere.

OMG that's such a cool picture!!! A silver curl explosion will be epically lovely. :)

Soulina
May 28th, 2015, 02:58 AM
I have learned to love my hair. It has many properties people desire. It's super soft, shiny, silky and straight. I always wished my hair was really curly, I even got perm at the age of 8. I wanted really curly hair (still do).

I have allot of hair, but individual strands are so thin and fine, so I will never have the super thick braid of my dreams (hey I can always cheat and use a bit of yarn in there right ? :eyebrows: )

Braid waves easily give me volume on my hair and the waves stay till I wash my hair again. Buns are hard to hold tightly because how slippery my hair is (luckily coconut oil can fix this problem)

LHC had made me appreciate the qualities my hair has and I have realized that my hair is most beautiful when I let it be how it should and not trying to make it something it is not. I even gave up dye and actually love my natural color now :) (all the 10 cm of virgin roots that I have)