PDA

View Full Version : Help! Please teach me how to put in a side comb

UrbanEast
October 3rd, 2008, 01:50 PM
I just bought the Good Hair Days sidecombs and would like to wear them tonight, but I have no idea how to put them into my hair. If I just push the comb in with the prongs facing towards the back of my head, they won't stay. Same goes if I insert them the other way.

Please help me put them in so I can look cute for tonight. Thanks!

teela1978
October 3rd, 2008, 02:10 PM
If they're the kind I'm thinking of, I've always inserted them upside down (inside-out?) while combing/pushing away from my face, and then flipped them and pushed back towards my face.

Did that make any sense at all?

Gumball
October 3rd, 2008, 02:12 PM
If they're the kind I'm thinking of, I've always inserted them upside down (inside-out?) while combing/pushing away from my face, and then flipped them and pushed back towards my face.

Did that make any sense at all?

I've seen them put in just that way so I assume it's right. Flip it on its back, insert to gather hair and when you're comfy with where it is act like it's a car that hit a curb really fast and flip it heels over head and push to get it nice and snug.

Anje
October 3rd, 2008, 02:22 PM
Arrange your hair to the position you want it in, then push the comb in so the points are going the toward the roots of the hairs it is holding (usually toward the face). You want it close to the scalp from early on, so you might want to stab it in vertically, then tip it the correct direction and slide it into place.

heidi w.
October 3rd, 2008, 02:53 PM
When my hair was shorter, this is how I did it. (Even with the thinnest of strips now, and the weight of my hair, it won't stay without extra pins or something!)

I would take up a thin section (strip/length) of hair, and twist it going in the direction I want it to flow....

SO, if I wanted it to look nice and kind of arch and not be drawn too tight from a side or center part and look goofy, I would kind of comb the hair back first on the given side, take up a section of hair -- not pulling down or forward -- and twist that narrow strip of hair, twist the length a bit down, meanwhile holding the hair back -- drawn back -- in the way I want it to lie.

Then I rather held this and took up the comb, wrong side facing out.

I then insert the comb backwards where I want it to be, getting a bit of grip into the section of hair. Then I flipped it so the right side now faces out, which then means it usually is then flipped so the decorative comb's edge shows the right direction (usually a little more towards the face, if you will -- just to give directional idea), and finish pushing the teeth into the hair.

This holds pretty well.

IF it's a fancy gig and you don't want to have to shift the hair too much, consider tiny pins under the comb to help hold hair, and maybe a spritz of some spray or holding agent.

I like this look with side parts.

I found that the main reason I had to reset such a comb on the side is that I attempted to include too much hair and the weight/volume of hair just fell forward. So, super skinny strip of hair!

heidi w.