PDA

View Full Version : Nearly at or at BSL - how would I look with hair length at shoulders or collar bone?

CostaRita
May 15th, 2015, 11:32 AM
http://imgur.com/BnlrPAz

My worry would be my neck - it's a bit short.

Also this pic was taken a few months ago.

Puffer Fish
May 15th, 2015, 12:34 PM
From what I've seen/heard from my my curly-haired friends, longer is the way to go with curly unless you want it to go outward instead of downward (aka the dreaded "triangle head" effect).

I think your hair at this length or longer suits your texture and looks adorable, but if you want to go shorter then sit on it for a few weeks and then trim a couple inches. Not the WHOLE chop, mind you. Just 2 or 3 inches or so, to see if that fixes what you feel is "wrong". And if it doesn't, then wait a few more weeks and repeat until you get to where you feel is right.

Adelain
May 15th, 2015, 12:58 PM
If I were you I would keep it long - you have such beautiful and defined curls!:)- however, in my opinion you would also look good with shoulder length hair.
If you want to cut it, I think that you should go shorter with gradual trims (a big chop often leads to regrets).

Hotrox
May 15th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Hmmm, I think the length would suit your face but your hair might not behave as you would wish it too. We have a similar curl shape I think and mine sort of flicks out instead of curls around this length. You ca try it, it's just hair, it'll grow back if you don't like it!!

A shape I like and that might prevent the dreaded triangle head is a sort of inverted Bob shape, shorter at the back and longer around the face. I think it looks really cute with curls. Something like this but you could go longer:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/bf/b9/96/bfb99602b471e072c388fb8daae6d390.jpg

lapushka
May 15th, 2015, 01:05 PM
Weren't you trying to go for length before (with celeb pics as your example)? Why the sudden change of heart?

Hotrox
May 15th, 2015, 01:12 PM
Weren't you trying to go for length before (with celeb pics as your example)? Why the sudden change of heart?

The memory of an elephant :bowtome:

Wusel
May 15th, 2015, 02:35 PM

I second that.
lapushka remembers everything, everyone and every sentence written here on LHC.
Amazing.

lapushka, GIVE ME YOUR BRAIN!

lapushka
May 15th, 2015, 02:48 PM

I second that.
lapushka remembers everything, everyone and every sentence written here on LHC.
Amazing.

lapushka, GIVE ME YOUR BRAIN!

:lol: Thanks ladies! I do remember the more "recent" stuff, and sometimes I don't - it happens. :lol:
I thought that I might be mistaken the OP for someone else (that happens too), but apparently it is the OP.

CostaRita
May 15th, 2015, 03:24 PM
This pic is from today http://imgur.com/LojuoxS

CostaRita
May 15th, 2015, 03:30 PM
YES haha, I'm so wishy-washy with my hair. I see something on someone one minute and then I have to have it. I was indulging a bit of nastagia by watching the Power Rangers and I love the character Kimberly's hair with longer bangs. I know it sounds ridiculous because her hair is straight, but...yeah.

Here's a pic of what I was eyeing:http://s3.flog.pl/media/foto/722675_kimberly-ann-hart--rozowa-wojowniczka.jpg

It might just be her face. Her face is lovely.

CostaRita
May 15th, 2015, 03:37 PM
YES haha, I'm so wishy-washy with my hair. I see something on someone one minute and then I have to have it. I was indulging a bit of nastagia by watching the Power Rangers and I love the character Kimberly's hair with longer bangs. I know it sounds ridiculous because her hair is straight, but...yeah.

Here's a pic of what I was eyeing:http://s3.flog.pl/media/foto/722675_kimberly-ann-hart--rozowa-wojowniczka.jpg

It might just be her face. Her face is lovely.

lapushka
May 15th, 2015, 03:39 PM
Actually I like the hair in your signature *very* much. It looks awesome. It would be a shame, a true shame to change anything about it just because you have a tendency to act (well "post") on impulse. I would start recognizing these "impulses" for what they are and not mess with the hair altogether!

CostaRita
May 15th, 2015, 03:43 PM
hehe yeah I always like the hair that I don't have

copperlites
May 15th, 2015, 03:48 PM
I think your hair is absolutely gorgeous. you have beautiful curls and really nice length. I think at the length you have pictured on Kimberley your hair may well be thicker at the hem line and give the triangle affect, Im no expert but lusting after a style you see on someone with completely different texture to you and trying to recreate it in your own, very different hair, could well lead to regrets. why not just grow out your own bangs a little and maybe get a stylist skilled in cutting curls , i think i read somewhere inhere about a DIVA cut, to maybe just blend the bangs in to the length, just a tiny bit , a bit like in the picture, on the one side maybe?

Sarahlabyrinth
May 15th, 2015, 03:58 PM
hehe yeah I always like the hair that I don't have
Don't we all? :) Your hair is lovely just the way it is. If it ain't broke - don't fix it, as the saying goes. I would leave it alone, myself.

Nadine <3
May 15th, 2015, 04:03 PM
I would leave it alone personally. You hair is beautiful! Just remember though...it takes about 30 seconds to cut it all off, but it can take years to grow back!

Chocowalnut
May 16th, 2015, 01:02 AM
Your hair is perfect. . Don't cut it. . Grow it longer

Upside Down
May 16th, 2015, 01:48 AM
I had curly inverted bobs. They are cool, but mainteinance is 10 times more time consuming then longer hair (you can put in a bun or braid). Curls fall out of shape as soon as you sleep on them and nothing makes them look like after wash, except, well, the wash. Washing every two or three days was too much for me, and also it makes the scalp produce morr sebum, asking for more washes, it's a loop.

Your hair IS beautiful just the way it is and curls really suit your face. You could play with your hemline,see if a deep V might suit you? Also, this way you get shorter bits in front without loosing lenght.

Here (http://www.dodaj.rs/f/2d/FN/2Z72szbT/20120513.jpg) is my V, from Feye's self trim, I liked this shape with curls a lot.
As opposed to the U (http://www.dodaj.rs/f/Y/jL/3gLFi0fe/img20150101094732.jpg), that works better, IMO, with streight/wavy hair.

cutekitty
May 16th, 2015, 11:20 AM
Chiming in to say that you look great in your signature pic! I like your curly fringe very much. You hair looks healthy and awesome, I wouldn't cut it.

CostaRita
May 16th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Hehe thanks. I think that I might grow my bangs a little longer. I might try to get it tapered more in the front.

I think my biggest concern is getting it to frame my face.

CostaRita
May 16th, 2015, 03:51 PM
Hehe thanks. I think that I might grow my bangs a little longer. I might try to get it tapered more in the front.

I think my biggest concern is getting it to frame my face.

Wusel
May 16th, 2015, 04:14 PM
Don't touch it!!!
Leave it like it is!!!
I would give 10 years of my life for your wonderful curly hair and you want to cut it???

Noooooooooooooo!!!

spidermom
May 16th, 2015, 04:20 PM
Unless you want to spend considerable time with the flat iron in your hand, you should find hair style inspiration from your own curly type. The style you posted is way different than your hair would look without flat ironing.

CostaRita
May 16th, 2015, 04:22 PM
^Yup, I realize that. Any inspirations suggestions?

lapushka
May 17th, 2015, 07:22 AM

:lol: Still haven't learned your lesson, huh? ;) :p

catasa
May 17th, 2015, 07:38 AM

With full respect for your need (or impulse :) ) to change something, I think YOUR hair is an inspiration - gorgeous curls and length! As mentioned I think you might get a real problem with triangle-head at shoulder or collarbone - my hair is not as curly as yours and I had terrible triangle-head at that length, took to about APL to calm down as I remember it.

I think it would look nice to grow the bangs longer, that would probably give a very nice face-framing effect!

CostaRita
May 17th, 2015, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the tips!

Wusel
May 17th, 2015, 08:28 AM

Okay.
Do it. Cut it all off.
And then come back here so we can psych you up to go out of the house without a cap and crying aloud. (*ironic mode*)