PDA

View Full Version : Flippy ends

snowyx
May 14th, 2015, 11:41 AM
Hello everyone.

You know when you are at shoulder length and your hair flips out a little at the ends? I am trying to replicate it with my *almost* waist length hair.

My hair is curly when shorter, but as its grown it has gotten straight. Now, I wear my hair straight by combing when damp, and applying a bit of jojoba oil to the last 6 inches of hair. I would love for my ends to flip out a little, but still have the length straight. I don't want waves. When my hair is 80-90% dry, I put my hair in a bun at the nape of my neck, and sometimes it gives great results, but sometimes it doesn't. I would like consistent results.

Does anyone have any tips? Thank you!!

Nadine <3
May 14th, 2015, 11:44 AM
Maybe sponge rollers done just on the ends while your hair is damp?

Arctic
May 14th, 2015, 11:48 AM
I was also going to suggest rollers. Or, depending how well your hair takes shape, maybe even "molding" your damp ends against the saide of your hand several times while they dry, in a way that the ends bend into the direction you'd want them to.

ETA: If you are not against heat styling, using a round brush as a "mold" /roller and blow drying warm air when your hair is almost dry would work too. You wouldn't have to actually brush much, more like hold the brush in place, so I don't think it would be more damaging that other gentle blowdrying is.

missrandie
May 14th, 2015, 01:06 PM
I second the blow drying of the ends with a round brush!

Haha to the "a little" flip out. I'll have to post the picture from my last grow out where my ends were flipping like the 60's! All I needed was a highly teased crown and you could have sent me to an Elvis concert!