PDA

View Full Version : Realistic growth time line?

radiofreejenn
May 14th, 2015, 05:44 AM
The side of my head is still super short from my buzz a few months ago...it's about a 1.5 to 1.75 inches long now. Is it unrealistic to think it could be APL in 2 years? I average the normal .5 to .75 growth a month and I keep thinking that the longer it gets the slower it might grow. Has anyone found this to be true? Sorry, I'm just kind of trying to figure out what my true goals should be...

Nique1202
May 14th, 2015, 05:51 AM
The side of my head is still super short from my buzz a few months ago...it's about a 1.5 to 1.75 inches long now. Is it unrealistic to think it could be APL in 2 years? I average the normal .5 to .75 growth a month and I keep thinking that the longer it gets the slower it might grow. Has anyone found this to be true? Sorry, I'm just kind of trying to figure out what my true goals should be...

My hair grows as fast at hip as it did at shoulder. The only time hair seems to grow more is if you have really short hair/bangs/a fringe that you play with a lot, sometimes they grow faster from that stimulation of the roots then slow down when you start growing it out and not playing with it as much.

Also, short hair needs less trimming. Unless you're growing out from a pixie and don't want it to look mullet-ish, don't bother trimming until at least APL. It won't speed up growth, it'll just put you a month behind schedule.

lilin
May 14th, 2015, 05:53 AM

Nah, APL in 2 years is totally achievable. The average person grows about 1/2 an inch a month, so that's 12 inches, which is easily APL from the side of your head, and you grow a little faster than the average. If you keep cutting and trimming to a minimum (or just stick to S&D) it's perfectly realistic.

Hair doesn't grow any slower as it gets longer. The growth is just less noticeable, because you have so much more hair. There's a huge difference between shaved and 1 inch, but 26 nd 27 inches look pretty much the same, ya know? You're still gaining length at the same rate. You're just not noticing it as much when you look in the mirror.

Theobroma
May 14th, 2015, 06:52 AM
I'm at classic now and my hair is still chugging along at the same rate of half an inch per month as when it was at BSL. I don't think the growth rate slows down at all, it just subjectively seems slower because the new growth is a much, much smaller proportion of the overall length.

radiofreejenn
May 14th, 2015, 07:33 AM
Thank you for the reassurance that my goals are achievable! You ladies are so wonderful!!

Arctic
May 14th, 2015, 08:32 AM
For me it takes probably 3 years from pixie to APL: 2 years to shoulder. I trim a lot at the phase between pixie and bob (aiming for one length bob before letting it grow more freely), so that slows it down. I also need to trim more often at around shoulder length, because of the rubbing. I grow, when I measured years ago, 1 cm a month, so about avarage, and I am tall with long neck.

Nope
May 14th, 2015, 08:36 AM
It took about 14 months for me to reach APL from a short pixie. I did trim the back every 3 months or so though.

radiofreejenn
May 14th, 2015, 08:51 AM
For me it takes probably 3 years from pixie to APL: 2 years to shoulder. I trim a lot at the phase between pixie and bob (aiming for one length bob before letting it grow more freely), so that slows it down. I also need to trim more often at around shoulder length, because of the rubbing. I grow, when I measured years ago, 1 cm a month, so about avarage, and I am tall with long neck.

I'm short with no neck lol. I figure that might make a difference in how "quick" it seems to grow to goal. I'm in the no trimming club for 2015, and I might extend it to May of next year since that's when officially joined. The way the rest of my hair is growing out, it looks like layers now and not a mullet anymore thankfully.