PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one...

LadyMantis
May 13th, 2015, 10:16 PM
Who gets a sinking feeling of despair when one of my really long strands of hair naturally falls out (i.e. shedding)? It's like, DAMMIT! I worked hard to grow that hair!!! Grrr!! Now I have to start over again! hehe...I'll be...quiet...now.

neko_kawaii
May 13th, 2015, 10:19 PM
I feel that way about silvers. *sniff*

longhairvixen
May 13th, 2015, 10:54 PM
Yes, I'm weird like that.

Wildcat Diva
May 13th, 2015, 10:57 PM
It's like, "after all that we've been through, how can it give up now?!"

FeatherHeather
May 14th, 2015, 12:37 AM
I do get a little sad too, you definitely aren't the only one.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 14th, 2015, 12:49 AM
Nah, I don't worry about it. Hair falls out. New hair grows. :)

DeadlyUnicorn
May 14th, 2015, 02:35 AM
If it's one of my very longest and I happen to notice, I suppose I do feel a little sad, but I'm normally not bothered by it. I have long hairs falling out everyday :p

Wusel
May 14th, 2015, 03:16 AM
I ALWAYS worry about. And I spam LHC with tons of posts about my shedding-worries.

But since I do this I notice a decreased shedding. So, complaining a lot about it helps? :)

Yoghurt
May 14th, 2015, 06:17 AM
Yes, yes, yes. Same here.

Nebulae
May 14th, 2015, 07:12 AM

Same here. :)

Although it always strikes me by surprise when one of those reeally long hairs come out. Gives another perspective on how long it has actually gotten, when you can inspect it off of your head. :lol:

lapushka
May 14th, 2015, 07:13 AM
No, not about a natural shed, but yesterday a hair got around the decoration in my hairfork and as I pulled it out, the fork snagged the entwined hair out. That makes me cringe. I hate when a hair that isn't ready to come out comes out.

divinedobbie
May 14th, 2015, 07:22 AM
Not when it naturally sheds but when I pull/snap one and it's really long, I lament the fact that it took me so long to grow it and now I ruined it and that follicle has to start over.

ExpectoPatronum
May 14th, 2015, 09:59 AM
I got a hair cut about a month ago and started wearing my hair curly. My hair is a little shorter than it was, but it shrinks a lot due to curls. As such, I got used to not having "long" hair.

That said, when my hair is wet and one of the long ones falls out, I'm always a little shocked by just how long those little buggers are! Especially if it's from one of my longer layers. I don't get sad. I'm always surprised.

Gotta love shrinkage :eyebrows:

endlessly
May 14th, 2015, 10:53 AM
You are not alone, I get this way, too. Especially when it's a really long, really thick, otherwise ridiculously healthy hair - I always feel like it somehow betrayed me.

gwenalyn
May 14th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Nah, I just get happy that it looks sooooo long! And then a little irritated when I can't throw it out because it keeps sticking to my fingers (static ... ech).

vpatt
June 2nd, 2015, 07:26 PM
I lost a major amount of hair last fall and that really worried me. I have bunches of new hair frizzing about now. So no I don't really worry now.....BUT my hair is only CBL. it may bother me more as it grows longer.

Lauraes
June 2nd, 2015, 07:41 PM
It doesn't bother me unless I lose an usually large amount of hairs. I get more worried if I see a short strand of hair fall out because that could mean breakage.

Anje
June 2nd, 2015, 07:43 PM
Maybe a little. But given the size of the hairballs I pull out of the stain, cut off the vacuum, and rake up from too-infrequently vacuumed floors, well.... I'm constantly amazed that I'm not bald! I apparently am not balding despite all those super-long hair I shed.

hennalonghair
June 2nd, 2015, 07:45 PM

Same! It's part of having hair.

spidermom
June 2nd, 2015, 07:53 PM
A naturally shed hair doesn't concern me, but I hate breaking one.

Frankenstein
June 2nd, 2015, 09:59 PM
It bothers me because my hair is thin and I hate the thought of losing more :p Sometimes after a wash I'll have very long hairs hanging down out of my ends that I can just pull away. It weirds me out.

longhairmomof7
June 2nd, 2015, 10:36 PM
A naturally shed hair doesn't concern me, but I hate breaking one.
Same here!

Dragon Faery
June 3rd, 2015, 12:59 AM
Normally it doesn't bother me, but lately all of my longest layer has been shedding away, so I've been in an artificial stall. And that bothers me because then I add up how much I've cut or trimmed since I first started growing out my hair, and I can only confirm 10 to 12 inches' worth of cutting, which means these hairs could potentially have made it to somewhere around Fingertip before falling out ... so on the one hand I'm relieved that those follicles have a potential terminal of Fingertip, but on the other I'm disappointed because I'm hoping to grow my hair MUCH longer than Fingertip ... I know this shed doesn't necessarily rule it out, but ... yeah. Sigh.

And I get sad when white hairs fall out because I think, "Is this the best you can do?" I want knee-length white hair someday ...

Ah well. Life goes on.

Doreen
June 3rd, 2015, 01:06 AM
Whenever I notice a long strand has fallen, the thought always crosses my mind that I am very traceable. A schoolteacher from two years prior once ran into me out and about and said "Last week I found a 3' long hair lodged in my class notes and thought 'That has to be a Doreen hair!'" It was amusing but also had me thinking that I have left these little calling cards in basically every place I've ever been!! Strange to think about!