PDA

View Full Version : Trim 3 inches or keep growing?

Darrin
May 13th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Hi,

My hair is length is currently reaching the top of my pants. It is a little past waist length. I cannot decide, if I should grow it longer or maintain it at waist. I love extreme lengths on others. I however, know that I do not wish to grow it long enough to sit on. Any thoughts or suggestions? I have a good stylist that has trimmed my hair for years.

Darrin

LeMimi13
May 13th, 2015, 01:27 PM
Lucky you for the stylist! I wish I'd find one.. trimming my own hair scares me!
I guess if it's not damaged, it's uo to what you love seeing on others. You van always wear updos with longer hair, if you don't want to sit on it and want to maintain its lenght for when you want ot down... why don't you trim just 1.5in or something to see how you feel? If you start to feel like you shouldnt have cut it, dont cut more and maintain its lenght. If you like it and want more.. go ahead!

Darrin
May 13th, 2015, 01:46 PM
Thanks LeMimi13! I found my stylist by asking another man, with long hair who trimmed his hair. I will have to ponder whether to trim or not. Your 1.5 inch ideal is a good one.

Darrin

Darrin
May 13th, 2015, 01:53 PM
Thanks LeMimi13! I found my stylist by asking another man, with long hair who trimmed his hair. I will have to ponder whether to trim or not. Your 1.5 inch ideal is a good one.

Darrin

Arctic
May 13th, 2015, 02:20 PM
My first reaction was, that it seemed that you answer the question yourself. It sounds like you want to start maintaining. Which I think is great, you can be a little´more relaxed with your hair when you are not actively growing it longer.

But on the other hand you are quite close to the length you consider your comfort zone maximum. It would be quite possible to continue to grown to that length, sort of test the waters and then see which length of the ones that were inside your length comfort zone you like the best. Then trim your hair to that length and maintain. If you do it this way, you can be sure which you like the most, and there aren't regrets of not having tried.

Nique1202
May 13th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Yeah, I'd keep growing at this point until you find the spot where you know it's too much, and trim 2-3 inches back from there. You could chop now and grow further on later, but if your ends are in good shape and you're happy with your hemline, why not keep going until it gets annoying?

spidermom
May 13th, 2015, 05:50 PM
If you're not sure, wait.

endlessly
May 13th, 2015, 08:17 PM
If it stills looks and feels very healthy with minimal damage, I would say to keep growing for a little bit, then trim it when it gets to be too long for you to handle.

divinedobbie
May 13th, 2015, 08:43 PM
You seem to know what you want. If you don't want it any longer, then cut. If you do want it longer, don't cut.

gthlvrmx
May 13th, 2015, 09:35 PM
I'm just repeating what others have said, if you want to do it, do it, if you have any doubts, don't. I like Arctics idea though! Grow it out longer and see if you like it and then cut it back to a certain length you like if you don't want it longer. :)

Seeshami
May 13th, 2015, 09:41 PM
Worst case you trim three inches and then go longer. I would do it if you feel it's what needs done

Darrin
May 14th, 2015, 01:37 PM
Worst case you trim three inches and then go longer. I would do it if you feel it's what needs done

Thanks for all the great replies! I am thinking that I will let i grow a little longer and then decide again.

Darrin

DeadlyUnicorn
May 14th, 2015, 05:55 PM
Hmm.. I'm a bit past tailbone length and I still can't sit on my hair so.. I'd say keep growing? :)