PDA

View Full Version : My hair has lost its elasticity...why????

diddiedaisy
May 13th, 2015, 05:51 AM
Hi everyone, I'd like some advice please on my hair. Over the past month or so my hair seems to have zero elasticity. If I pull on a shed hair it just immediately snaps. Heres my routine.

Daily wash - cwc I swap about my conditioner between Pureology platinum and Garnier. My first condition is Label M moisturising.

LOC - Label M leave in moisturising conditioner, serum (at the minute Garnier Extraordinary Oil), Boots curl cream. I don't use the cream everyday as I mostly wear my hair up.

I occasionally leave olive oil on overnight, deep condition only about fortnightly.

I wear it up most days

I don't get on with coconut oil and I box dye blonde.

I don't want to stop daily washing but I give it a break on Sundays, and I don't want to stop root dying.

What can I do or exclude to get my stretch back.

One more thing my nails have also gone peely, I have taken a break from my supplements (msm, biotin multi-vit and I had a 60 day whirl with silica but I've run out now. Biotin was used for help with digesting food. I do have digestive problems, so could it be this rather than external issues?

cathair
May 13th, 2015, 05:55 AM
Isn't elasticity to do with protein and moisture balance? Too much or too little, I always forget which!

lapushka
May 13th, 2015, 07:55 AM
Elasticity definitely has to do with protein/moisture. So one of the two is lacking here, and I bet it's moisture. The snappier/brittler, the more protein there is.

oddelabop
May 13th, 2015, 08:04 AM
Perhaps something to do with the box dye?

You mention though that your nails have gone brittle as well which may indicate something going on inside the body. Maybe you are anaemic? is this a possibility? Perhaps you could get a blood test from the doctors to be safe! :)

spidermom
May 13th, 2015, 09:27 AM
To me, less elasticity means more need for moisture treatments. Dye can make hair brittle, so you probably need frequent deep moisture treatments.

diddiedaisy
May 14th, 2015, 12:04 AM
Thanks ladies, I'll step up the moisture treatments and get back on the supplements I think. :)