PDA

View Full Version : If your hair likes mineral oil and (one or all of) the Panaceas...

Freija
May 12th, 2015, 07:58 AM
...what other oils or butters have you tried, and which do you also like? : )

I'm in the mood for experimenting a bit, and I'd love to get some ideas, please! For me, I've tried coconut oil, which didn't seem special, just left my hair a bit crunchy; jojoba oil, ditto; and olive oil, which was a bit greasy. I liked grapeseed oil, though (especially mixed into conditioner), and I love whipped shea butter in most things. I'm thinking about trying avocado, argan or camellia next.

Nivine
May 12th, 2015, 09:49 AM
I bought argan oil on Sunday and so far my skin likes it. Decided to try it on my scalp today and will see the results after I wash it.
as for mineral oils, I tried Vaseline hair tonic. It's ok.. not very special, but it's good. I don't like mineral oils because they.. don't seem to nourish the hair. They seem to give a fake moisturized feeling. I would recommend natural oils over mineral oils.

lapushka
May 12th, 2015, 09:50 AM
Sweet almond oil.
Macadamia oil.
Mineral oil.

CoveredByLove
May 12th, 2015, 01:20 PM
I love avocado oil! :) I've used it on my ends, and its in my conditioner (Tresemme Naturals). Very softening for me.

HintOfMint
May 12th, 2015, 10:48 PM
I like to layer a pomade (Tigi Bedhead Manipulator) or texturizing cream (Pureology curl cream) underneath some mineral oil. It works to smooth out some of the coarseness and fluffiness that can come with hair in the coarse 2 range, but not kill volume and thickness.

Wildcat Diva
May 12th, 2015, 11:28 PM
Straight Shea butter.
Flaxseed gel.

mikalina
May 12th, 2015, 11:37 PM
My hair loves almond oil! I fill a 4 oz glass spray bottle with almond oil and 1 tsp tea tree oil. I use morning, after work and before bed for the body of my hair, weekly for scalp treatments.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 12th, 2015, 11:46 PM
Mineral oil.
Coconut oil.
Sweet almond oil.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil.