PDA

View Full Version : I trimmed very uneven..whats the best way to even up?

Emichiee
March 20th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Just need some quick advice I want to fix it Saturday :lol:

I trimmed very crooked ( I dont know how the heck I did that)..zig zag to be exact and the ends have a length difference of 1 " :uhh: !

Usually I trim straight across but I dont want to loose the whole inch unless I have too?

Any clever ideas? Maybe a U Shape?

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/chieeEMIchiee/zigzag.jpg

icydove
March 20th, 2008, 03:06 PM
I think if you just cut a little on the left side, it would be close to a U-shape. I don't know that you really cut in a zig-zag as much as your ends are flipping that way.

spidermom
March 20th, 2008, 03:12 PM
What icydove said.

I did worse when I self-trimmed. I looked at 1-inch diameter sections of ends all around and lopped off as many splits/bad ends as possible with a single cut. The longest pitiful strip I got was 4 inches long. The shortest was 1/2 inch. Then I tried to even things out with Feye's self trim, but nope. I went to the stylist before I did more damage. If you had a trusted stylist ... but last time I heard, you didn't. Pity.

Emichiee
March 20th, 2008, 03:17 PM
My mistake was that I trimmed my hair wavy after wearing a bun :(

Spidermom, I also cant really afford a stylist..but the fear is big too..>_<

Carolyn
March 20th, 2008, 03:41 PM
It really doesn't look all that bad to me. Do you wear your hair down and stick straight all the time? If not, why not consider leaving it for a few weeks and seeing how it grows out? Another thought would be to have a friend or your husband trim it if you trust them with scissors.

Snowblood
March 20th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Maybe you can ask a friend who helps you to even up the ends? I also did a selftrim last week and after the trim my bf evened the ends very well (U-cut). He just combed my hair out and cutted 1/2 inch. I donīt trust stylists either.. shudder:

Feisty Redhead
March 20th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I think it looks kinda cool. :flower:

If it bothers you, maybe you could have a trusted friend or family member trim it for you to even it up.

MemSahib
March 20th, 2008, 03:54 PM
I often get an off-center trim but I've never done a zig-zag... yet. I try to ask my husband to check the hemline right after I do it and he snips away anything I've missed to get the right shape. It usually takes only one snip. If you do decide to take back the inch I doubt anyone except you would notice, Emichiee! And I suspect your hair grows really fast. As another sleek and straight gal I understand why you want your hemline perfect.

Xandergrammy
March 20th, 2008, 04:03 PM
I think it looks kind of cool too. And if anyone can carry off that look, you can beautiful Emi :flowers:

JasmineDaisy
March 20th, 2008, 04:04 PM
I don't think it looks bad at all, but if it bothers you that much I would cut it into a U shape. :flower:

Anje
March 20th, 2008, 04:10 PM
I don't think it looks too bad, but I know that the straighter hair is, the more obvious things like that seem. (Probably wouldn't be noticable on someone with a little more wave.)

If you want it fixed, I'd get your husband (if you trust him) to take just the points of the zigs off when your hair is wet and maybe soaked with conditioner. If he's really conservative, you won't lose much length at all, but it will be more blunt than now. From the picture, I think you'll lose more trying to make it U-shaped than just blunting the edges a little. You can even it up better in a month or two when your next trim rolls around.

Blueglass
March 20th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Today March 20 is a good MM trimming day. Looks like you have two points that need to come off to get it even. Get help from someone you trust. I don't know who that is for you, though. Really like your hair type similar to mine, especially when I was younger.

nicolezoie
March 20th, 2008, 04:44 PM
OOps! :doh:

At first I thought you had trimmed your hair when it was pulled into a low ponytail and it shifted (that's happened to me before). But the wavy-bun thing, yeah, that's a bummer. The only thing that I can really suggest if you don't want to trip up another inch to even things up is to trim a little bit off the longest bits and closely watch your growth pattern (some people get more length in the middle than on the sides) for a little to see if it fills in on its own. Once hair gets past a certain length, uneven ends aren't all that noticeable (except to the owner :flower: )