PDA

View Full Version : Help ~

lenaquinn
May 10th, 2015, 06:13 PM
Hello Everyone. I haven't introduced myself in this forum, but I'm kind of scare so i have skipped that step.
My name is Sofia and I have some struggles with hair loss, and i'm considering a big cut.
I have always had short hair, since I was little, because I have oily hair and (had) a lot. Until this time.
I think it's the first time that i have it around my shoulders, and I'm really happy with the length.
But I'm losing a lot Of hair lately and I don't know what to do to reduce it.
It obviously has a cause, but I'm trying to know what it's the real.
In february I went to a salon and had some highlights. The girl bleached them first and later dyed with like a golden color.
I didn't like it, so i went again, like a month later, and dyed it black.
And then I started to notice hair in my hands at the shower.
I didn't put to much attention to it, because I knew that with all that i have done to my hair this could happen.
I started my classes at university and the stress came to me, and I saw more hair in my hands...
One day, I took the time to count them and it were around 50 in the shower and 15 more after it, when I put an oil and dry it a bit.
I have read that you can lose arround 100 in a day, but for me, that i could see like 5 hairs in the shower and after, it's a lot.
Now, I calculate that are around 40 between both procedures, but I still find that it's a lot.
And to add, about to a week ago I have dandruff, I have changed my shampoo and I'm seeing less of it.
So, after all this I want to know if you think that my hair loss it's because all the treatments that i have done before,
and if you think that i should cut my hair.
I will be really sad if I need to cut it, but if a fresh start works, I will do it.

(I apologise for my mistakes at writing, english it's not my first language:()

ExpectoPatronum
May 10th, 2015, 06:19 PM
I actually don't think you're losing an absurd amount of hair. When my hormonal shedding was at its worse, I was losing over 100 hairs just from washing and conditioning. This did not include detangling or other sheds throughout the day. :(

What's your natural color? It's possible you're just noticing it more after you dyed your hair black. I noticed my sheds more when I started coloring my hair a darker shade of brown.

Hair color can damage hair. Do the sheds have a little bulb on one of the ends? If they do, it's just a normal shed hair. If they don't, then it's likely breakage.

Doreen
May 10th, 2015, 06:24 PM
It doesn't seem like you should worry about the amount you're losing -- seems pretty normal to me! If you are noticing that your hair is a lot thinner (decreased ponytail circumference) you might be having some breakage from the bleach/dye like you mentioned. I don't know how thick/thin your hair is, but unless you are unhappy with it I don't think there's any reason to cut it.