PDA

View Full Version : Type of comb

Lesa Marie
May 10th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Hi! New to LHC. Here because of Daughter. I have fine hair and a static problem. Do You recommend Wood or horn combs?

Sharysa
May 10th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Both types of combs can really get rid of static, but wood is much more common. Is your hair naturally straight, or do you have to straighten it? Most straight hair will be fine with normal toothed combs, but wavy and curly hair does better with wider teeth.

Night_Kitten
May 10th, 2015, 12:32 PM
I think I read somewhere on the forum that horn combs are better for getting rid of static, however as I don't yet have a horn comb myself, I can't say for sure...
I do love my wood comb though, and it's way better than any plastic comb I've ever had, so I think whether you end up going for wood or horn, either would be a good choice :)

cat11
May 10th, 2015, 12:41 PM
If you oil a wooden comb it's great for static- I haven't tried horn but have heard good things and it's made out of the same stuff as hair, keratin

Anje
May 10th, 2015, 12:53 PM
I have both and like both, but I find myself reaching for my wide-tooth wooden combs more. (Specifically, I've got the wide tooth wood detangler that The Body Shop sells.) My horn combs have occasionally lost teeth but my wooden combs haven't broken, so I think they're a bit more resilient.

I also like my Tangle Teezer brush a lot. It's not terrible for static, but it is plastic.

cocoahair
May 10th, 2015, 01:52 PM
If you oil a wooden comb it's great for static- I haven't tried horn but have heard good things and it's made out of the same stuff as hair, keratin

just want to chime in that I have a yak horn comb that miraculously causes my otherwise frizzless hair to frizz. It its a great comb for me to use before a wash bc it is so smooth but I prefer my bone comb from hairsense

lapushka
May 10th, 2015, 02:58 PM
just want to chime in that I have a yak horn comb that miraculously causes my otherwise frizzless hair to frizz. It its a great comb for me to use before a wash bc it is so smooth but I prefer my bone comb from hairsense

I love my bone comb from Hairsense as well (it's the volume comb (wide tooth comb without a handle) that I have). It's amazing for detangling after a wash on damp hair. It doesn't snag and gets eventual knots / tangles (not that I get many) out without any issues.

Aleahcim
May 10th, 2015, 03:03 PM
I own both a wooden comb and a horn comb. I like them both a lot, I may favour my wood comb, but that is due to the shape, I find it fits better in my hand then opposed to the material.

But I forgot my wooden comb at my family's over Christmas and i've been using my horn comb since Till I can pick up the wooden comb and interchange them every few detangle session once again .

So I think they are both good.

Deborah
May 10th, 2015, 03:46 PM
I have both, but I like the wooden comb better. For my fine textured hair it works better against static.

missrandie
May 10th, 2015, 04:52 PM
Mom, I personally like both. My peachwood comb works well, but I like the way my goat horn comb sounds. I use them interchangeably.

Lesa Marie
May 10th, 2015, 07:09 PM
Thanks Daughter and everyone else. Shopping now for non plastic.

Lesa Marie
May 10th, 2015, 07:12 PM
Thank you everyone and Daughter. I am now shopping for a non plastic comb.