PDA

View Full Version : Keratin treatments and permanent curling help needed!

oddelabop
May 11th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Hi guys,

ive seen a few posts recently about straightening treatments and whether or not straight hair was more popular than wavy hair and it has sparked a series of online investigations for me...:eye:

I have the worlds straightest hair, I swear it would be 1a if it wasn't for wearing it in a braid for the vast majority of the time, and although this may look great on some ladies, on myself, I just can't bare it.

My hair is slippery smooth (which I know is good because it means it sis moisturised) but it repulses me. IT feels like "eel skin" and I hate how lank it looks. So in an attempt to create volume and texture I started crimping and slowly developed an addiction to it. I just love how my hair looks crimped! What can I say!
now I know perms would permanently curl to a degree and change the texture of my hair but it would also destroy my fine hair too.

i started reading up on protein treatments. I a,ready use one which helps a bit with strand thickness etc (aphogee two step) but this isn't one that requires you to use straighteners.

I researchedr that in many keratin treatments you need to straighten your hair to keep in locked in that style and not touch it for three days, equally if you get a kink to straighten it out. Now my hypothesis would be that if you used a crimping iron instead of the curlers, surely this would lock in the kink to your hair.

i researched on the Internet and found nothing :(

i was was wondering if anyone here has any knowledge on this at all? And satisfy my curiosity! Thanks ladies

ETA: Right. I've searched high and low on the internet and no one seems to know the answer. I'm going to try his myself and see if it can add texture to my hair. I'm going to post before and after pictures for anyone who may be interested!

ETA2: So I did it and this is the result.

pre keratin and crimp treatment instead of straighteners

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17250&d=1431386442

Post keratin

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17247&d=1431386241

Pre Plait

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17248&d=1431386372

Post Plait/ dutchbraid

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17246&d=1431385885

And a motion picture post treatment just for laughs :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17249&d=1431386426

ETA3: Oh and an update on how it fees - hair feels amazing ..not as slippery smooth as it used to 9which is a bonus! Also - it feels thicker indiviually. I can see no split ends which is amazing.

Kina
May 11th, 2015, 08:37 PM
your hair is beautiful either way :)

CoveredByLove
May 11th, 2015, 08:40 PM
Gorgeous, thick hair! :crush:

Larki
May 11th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Very interesting, I never would have thought of trying to crimp it instead of straighten it! Your hair is beautiful both ways but it's amazing how much thicker it is now! I bet you're happy with the results!

jeanniet
May 11th, 2015, 08:43 PM
I'm glad you're happy with it! I love that slippery 1a look, but what matters is how you feel about it. Your color is beautiful, btw.

Betazed
May 11th, 2015, 08:56 PM
I wish I had your pretty, thick braid! Total hair envy going on here.

HintOfMint
May 11th, 2015, 09:20 PM
That is a MASSIVE braid. I think it's about a third of your torso. Beautiful!

Silverbrumby
May 12th, 2015, 12:24 AM
That looks like hair that might reach ankle judging by how thick it is.

Adiro
May 12th, 2015, 12:57 AM
Your hair is incredibly rich and beautiful either way! What kind of keratin did you use?

oddelabop
May 12th, 2015, 03:19 AM
Gorgeous, thick hair! :crush:

your hair is beautiful either way :)

That is a MASSIVE braid. I think it's about a third of your torso. Beautiful!

Gee whizz!! Thank you so much ladies! Your compliments mean the world to me :D

Very interesting, I never would have thought of trying to crimp it instead of straighten it! Your hair is beautiful both ways but it's amazing how much thicker it is now! I bet you're happy with the results!

I know! I just had a big brain wave when I read the instructions of a keratin straightening treatment, and with it saying not to link your hair, I just though there was no harm as they strengthen your hair!

I'm glad you're happy with it! I love that slippery 1a look, but what matters is how you feel about it. Your color is beautiful, btw.

Absolutely :) one thing I've learnt is that unless you enjoy your hair yourself, there is zero point in going to all the effort which is why I still heatstyle occasionally :) and thank you! I considered my hair quite mousy!

I wish I had your pretty, thick braid! Total hair envy going on here.

Gee thanks! You guys are all making me blush!

That looks like hair that might reach ankle judging by how thick it is.

Well I'll keep my goals small first ;) ankle seems such a long long way off!

Your hair is incredibly rich and beautiful either way! What kind of keratin did you use?

Hi adiro,

The keratin treatment I used was called brazilian keratin treatment: home straightening 100ml (it was just enough to cover my hair) it was the first one on amazon and had amazing reviews for people who wanted straight hair.

If you want I can upload a picture of it, and the instructions that came with! Just let me know :)