PDA

View Full Version : henna brands uk - buying online - help!!!

Vetticus
May 10th, 2015, 05:54 AM
Hello everyone,

I've been a long time lurker, and a henna-head for for a very long time.
At the moment I have (just hit) hip length, 1c, super-fine, i thickness. The original colour is blondette, but with henna it turns to auburn.

I started using lush henna years ago. The I moved from Australia to Holland - and bought henna from De Tuinen, and then I started buying Henne (copper, I'm pretty certain that doesn't have any of the salts).
I've now moved to the UK, and I'm running low on my stock. I'm thinking of buying my next lot of henna online.

I was looking at the a couple of websites, and now I'm far too confused to make a decision. I would deeply appreciate some help in making a decision where is best to purchase henna.

I'm not too fussed with finding an exact shade - I really don't mind, all shades of red are good. I would simply like to find a good quality henna for a good price.

Can any LHC-UKers help?

Thank you,
Yvette

Katlette
May 10th, 2015, 06:37 AM
I've been buying from henna-boy.co.uk for a year now. I've been using their Yemeni (which is now, unfortunately, out of stock) and my most recent order was Rajasthani. I have no complaints about either and shipping is always super fast, even in second class.

They also do cassia and other herbs for hair.

I don't really know other suppliers, so I don't know how hennaboy compares on the general UK market. It'd be great if some other UK LHCers could chime in!

Ambrielle
May 10th, 2015, 06:43 AM
I have had a good experience with Renaissance henna. :)

Anje
May 10th, 2015, 07:59 AM
Henna-boy is the UK brand I usually see recommended, FWIW.

Unofficial_Rose
May 10th, 2015, 12:30 PM
I second the above - both Henna Boy and Renaissance have good quality henna.

Vetticus
May 10th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Thank you all. I went ahead with ordering from henna-boy.
Finger's crossed.

Rosetta
May 11th, 2015, 12:49 AM
Too late for you this time round, but this UK seller called Hennacat http://hennacat.com seems very knowledgeable about all things henna, good quality and has better prices than the others mentioned here :)

Unofficial_Rose
May 11th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Too late for you this time round, but this UK seller called Hennacat http://hennacat.com seems very knowledgeable about all things henna, good quality and has better prices than the others mentioned here :)

Oh my goodness - Yemen henna - my favourite for a deep red. Thank you for posting this as the other sites don't carry it!:cloud9:

Oh poo it's out of stock here as well. Dagnabbit!

flickm
May 12th, 2015, 05:27 AM
I second Hennacat, she is fabulous. She gave me 100 gms of amla to try, just because we got into communication on ebay, where she thanked me for my positive review. I got Jamila from her, and rajisthan henna for a friend. She is a mehendi artist, so uses henna herself all the time. The henna arrives beautifully packaged, personalised, and with little paper mehendi design type hearts and flowers scattered in it. She doesn't seem to stock Moroccan henna, so i got that from Naturalspa Selections: http://naturalspasupplies.co.uk/. they have some interesting stuff, and are on Amnazon too.

flickm
May 12th, 2015, 05:29 AM
sorry, that should have been natural spa supplies. also just saw you have ordered now. Oh well, maybe next time :)

Vetticus
May 12th, 2015, 10:20 AM
Thanks for all the info. Perhaps the next order I'll try the other places.
Thanks all :D