PDA

View Full Version : Lower half of hair seemingly ratty

Linguaphilia
May 9th, 2015, 07:09 AM
I have a problem with ends of hair in the length that curl outwards, giving the length a ratty look in certain lights--especially light that shines on the hair sidewards. My hair is in very good condition, it's just annoying that my length has those ends poking out, making it look as if my hair is a bit dry and damaged. My hair is normally quite straight.

Why do those ends curl outwards? Are they the result of snapping/breaking? How do you straight-haired folks get them to stay in line and look nice when loose?

lapushka
May 9th, 2015, 07:50 AM
I think it's the result of natural taper, and you can't really do anything about it. Unless you want to trim and go for a straighter, blunter, thicker hemline. I notice it because I have layers, and the longest lengths are slightly thinner. I just shrug, and put it up. ;)

MoonMaiden
May 9th, 2015, 10:59 AM
You could try using a drop or two of oil, like coconut oil or jojoba oil and run it through those ends with a comb, so it gives your hair just a small amount of weight that they dont fly or curl off anywhere

endlessly
May 9th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Is it just a few stray hairs doing this or the entire underneath section? If it's the first, then it might be a result of breakage or possibly even newer growth that hasn't caught up to the rest of the length yet. If it's the entire underneath section, it might just be your texture has changed. What I've done to smooth stray pieces is to use a bit of oil or my leave-in hair moisturizer on the ends to keep everything looking tidy and in place, so you could always try that.