PDA

View Full Version : Question about pushing hair growth and also needMIM ideas for messy/poofy buns?

Kitsunesunset
May 8th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Firstly, I have a sort of paranoid question about hair growth. What happens if your hair reaches a stopping point? Does it just stop growing or is there a chance it could just start falling out because you've pushed it too far? I am tbl and I don't take anything for growth, just to clarify. It's just that I always had a hard time of getting too much cut off when going for a trim, and I rarely go now, and trim my own ends.

The second part is, puny buns look odd on my head. I'm hunting for some new bun styles, as I don't know many yet. Are there any neat poofy/big buns that can be done with a hairstick? (that's all I own right now.)

Tia

gthlvrmx
May 9th, 2015, 12:35 AM
If you let your hair grow to it's terminal length, it will grow until it is at the end of it's cycle and then the individual hairs that have reached the end of their cycle will fall off and be replaced by a new hair. You won't experience hair loss for pushing your hair to it's growing limits.

Nique1202
May 9th, 2015, 05:14 AM
Every separate hair on your head started growing at a different time. That's why you get a few shed hairs when you comb or brush your hair out, because those are the hairs that have been growing for so long that the follicle needed a rest. Unless you go through a period of stress, or something irritates your scalp, you'll only ever shed a few hairs at a time in that way because the hair cycles out at different times. Even if you never cut your hair again and every hair grows out to its terminal length, they won't all start shedding at once.

For buns there are lots of YouTube tutorials but Torrin Paige in particular has a LOT of buns and styles, so I'm sure you can find something that you'll like the look of.

Kitsunesunset
May 9th, 2015, 06:37 AM
Thank you both for your replies, I really appreciate it. And I'll check into those, Nique1202.