PDA

View Full Version : Henna Head to grey???

Loribelle
May 6th, 2015, 01:37 PM
So, I've been a henna head for about 4 years or so, and I think I am getting bored.
Don't get me wrong-- I LOVE the color of my hair, and I LOVE the benefits of henna. I just feel like maybe I need a change.
I've been seeing the grey/silver hair color that's been all the rage for a couple of years, and I'm wondering if that would be possible after hennaing for so long?
I have serious grey roots coming in every two weeks or so, and am getting mighty tired of doing henna on the roots every few weeks.
Just feel like giving myself a break, and being lazy for a bit :-)
My hair is quite healthy, so I don't think bleaching it will make it fall out or anything. Just wondering if I should do it, or if there is a better way to transition to grey? I am naturally a dirty blonde, so regardless of the greys, I still have to touch up every few weeks. I haven't done it in a month and my hair is tri-colored! Need to do something tonight. Thinking about stripping my hair with vitamin C. I tried the honey method MANY times, and had zero results. Just looking for some input. TIA...

missblueeyes
May 6th, 2015, 03:22 PM
I don't want to disappoint you but if there's anything that's really permanent then it's henna. Especially after continuous applications over 4 years... Sorry but I don't think you'll be able to lighten it without significant damage, which probably won't be visible at first but most likely a month after the procedure. The safest way to get rid of the henna would be to grow it out.

lapushka
May 6th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Yep; I successfully had my henna bleached out, but the second application of color after that went horribly wrong (soot black hair when it was supposed to be a light brown dye, chemical cut & burn). So no. Rather: grow it out!

Nadine <3
May 6th, 2015, 05:16 PM
Yeah, you're going to either have to just grow it out, or have significant damage (that will also need to be grown out and trimmed off..) I would just stop using the henna, or maybe a weaker color (no idea how henna really works, but I assume you can mix up a weaker dye...) for a few months/year before stopping so the fade from red to grey isn't so intense.