PDA

View Full Version : Eureka! It's taken 6.5 years, but I've finally cracked it!

Jorja
May 6th, 2015, 10:38 AM
I'm always trying this bun, but first my hair wasn't long enough for the thickness I had. Then it was long enough, but I couldn't understand the instructions. Finally got them, but my hair would just unravel and throw the stick across the room.

A couple of weeks ago I got it to stay put, but with a huge bulb of hair at the bottom and flat on the top. But today I watched (another) video and she twisted her hair before starting and it worked. :joy:

Now I need to crack the cinnabun, rope braid, french braid, in fact EVERYTHING except the LWB and rose braid, which up until today was all I could manage.

Am I alone in finding some things impossible?

Larki
May 6th, 2015, 11:00 AM
The only buns I've managed are the nautilus and cinnabun. What's a rose braid?

Jorja
May 6th, 2015, 11:01 AM
http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t445/Pauline_Barnett/d89b52ee-0ee2-46c0-9e70-67934cf946e6_zpsah4hz45i.jpg (http://s1060.photobucket.com/user/Pauline_Barnett/media/d89b52ee-0ee2-46c0-9e70-67934cf946e6_zpsah4hz45i.jpg.html)

The proof. It doesn't look how it feels on the back of my head. Ah well!

Also, my new hairstick from PerfumeCollecters on etsy. My second stick from her, and I love it. :)

Jorja
May 6th, 2015, 11:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DF5HXky3B8

I realised I've called it wrong all this time, it's a vortex bun! I love Torrinpaiges videos, even if I can't do them in practice.

chen bao jun
May 6th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Congratulations, what a good feeling when you can finally do something you couldn't before.

Arctic
May 6th, 2015, 04:10 PM
:applause Looks great! I also love your haircolour! I giggled as in your enthusiasm you forgot to say what was the mystery bun in question in your first post :lol:

Nadine <3
May 6th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Ohhh very pretty!! The only two buns I can do are the LWB and the Nautilus. Everything else just pulls or falls apart!

Jorja
May 7th, 2015, 02:40 AM
:applause Looks great! I also love your haircolour! I giggled as in your enthusiasm you forgot to say what was the mystery bun in question in your first post :lol:

I did didn't I lol. It's the Nautilus bun. :D

Agnes Hannah
May 7th, 2015, 05:07 AM
I can do a nautilus, its the LWB I just can't get the hang of it!!

hanne jensen
May 7th, 2015, 05:43 AM
I can't do many updos. I'm a lefty. I'll never master the LWB. I'm fumble fingered and very heavy handed. I've given up trying new updos because I break so many hairs and get frustrated. I'm very proud of myself that after over 5 years I've finally mastered a basic braided bun.

lapushka
May 7th, 2015, 06:05 AM
I've been wearing a LWB since waist/hip. Hair just isn't long enough for a Nautilus, and I like "easy" buns. A cinnabun is okay, but sags in about an hour.

Lolino
May 7th, 2015, 06:45 AM
Ooh I love the nautilus! Congrats to you for mastering it :D

I somehow grasped the nautilus really fast, but the LWB just makes no sense to me no matter how many tutorials I read/watch!