PDA

View Full Version : My anniversaries!

Begemot
May 6th, 2015, 04:29 AM
So I'm celebrating multiple anniversaries all at once. In January was my third year anniversary as a member of TLHC. So glad I joined! In February four years ago I dyed my hair for the last time. And in this month it's been exactly one year since I cut all old hair dye off and have been living dye free life ever since. It took me three years and two months to grow natural color down to APL and that was when I cut the dye off. I'm happy to have all natural hair and can't see going back to dye and/or heat any time soon. I will be at total peace after I figure out how to curl my hair properly (I want to start a thread called "Straight and Stubborn" just to curse this texture that won't hold a curl). I still have way to go before I can say that I have reached my goal. It has been around seven years since I first decided to grow my hair long. After that I also decided to give up dye and that delayed growing length a bit. I wish to have waist/elbow to hip-ish length ultimately with nice hemline. It's going to happen this year, yay :joy::love:
Anyway, story time is over and now on to pictures!

Hair color variation collage, in the beginning of dye-less life and living with visible roots
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa331/ainakana/ec4b6c69-9a4b-4bba-87ca-3b3393a2017f.jpg
Here you can see how the dye turned from black brown to dark brown, then to reddish medium brown and then light brown
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa331/ainakana/a95f34bc-1ea0-4761-9206-a648978454fa.jpg
This is just before I cut all the dyed ends off
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa331/ainakana/5b0d1abb-f04e-4dc5-91ad-84eb84579045.jpg
And this is right after
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa331/ainakana/66090b43-9eff-4efa-863e-5d448d2a78b7.jpg

All my length shots are pretty crappy in quality but here's two pictures. The photo on right is the older one, natural color down to shoulders-APL so some time before the big chop. On left you can see my hair from couple of months ago (sorry about the blurry and weirdly cropped pics).

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa331/ainakana/29a9ae56-2316-4691-bb0e-f02e6a92a4c6.jpg

Thanks for reading! :blossom: I'll be happy to answer if there are any questions.

cat11
May 6th, 2015, 05:59 AM
Wow, your hair color changed so much, and your natureal color is so much more vibrant! I also didn't realize your hair was so long since you cant tell in your avatar! Looking good, glad to see another LHC success story. Thanks for posting!

embee
May 6th, 2015, 07:01 AM
My hair is straight too, and I've always envied those with a wave.

Your hair looks great. Happy anniversaries. :)

Symbiotek
May 6th, 2015, 07:18 AM
It's always inspiring to see pictures of other people's hair adventures. The last picture looks simply amazing, your hair colour has changed a lot! Congrats on your anniversaries :blossom:

Begemot
May 6th, 2015, 07:29 AM
Wow, your hair color changed so much, and your natureal color is so much more vibrant! I also didn't realize your hair was so long since you cant tell in your avatar! Looking good, glad to see another LHC success story. Thanks for posting!

Thank you so much for your comment! My hair was closer to BSL when the avatar pic was taken so it really has grown since.

My hair is straight too, and I've always envied those with a wave.

Your hair looks great. Happy anniversaries. :)

Good to be reminded that I'm not the only one with wavy/curly hair envy :D Thank you!

It's always inspiring to see pictures of other people's hair adventures. The last picture looks simply amazing, your hair colour has changed a lot! Congrats on your anniversaries :blossom:

Thank you, I'm blushing over here :o I too love reading other peoples hair journeys and seeing lots of pictures. TLHC is superb in that aspect.

missblueeyes
May 6th, 2015, 07:40 AM
What a gorgeous natural colour! I really admire you for pulling through with growing out and not giving up halfway through - you're a true inspiration!
I hope I'll be this far in two more years as well!

Begemot
May 6th, 2015, 11:12 AM
Thank you for your kind words missblueeyes! Great to hear that you are on your own journey towards virgin hair, stick with it and it will pay off :) Good luck!

mermaid lullaby
May 6th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Wow! Congratulations!

elsieivy
May 6th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Beautiful! I love your natural color!

gwenalyn
May 6th, 2015, 02:55 PM
(I want to start a thread called "Straight and Stubborn" just to curse this texture that won't hold a curl).

:D I feel your pain!

Begemot
May 6th, 2015, 11:23 PM
Thank you both of you mermaid lullaby and elsieivy! :heart:

:D I feel your pain!

:D

Remi
May 6th, 2015, 11:27 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks terrific.

Hotrox
May 7th, 2015, 09:24 AM
Congrats on the anniversary and being dye free, your hair looks beautiful. I'm growing mine out at the moment so this is a nice inspiring thread for me :-)

Begemot
May 7th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks terrific.

Thanks! :flower:

Congrats on the anniversary and being dye free, your hair looks beautiful. I'm growing mine out at the moment so this is a nice inspiring thread for me :-)

I'm happy to hear this! When I was growing my hair I always loved seeing natural colors and other people in the process of growing dye out, it was very encouraging and gave me hope :)

Pinni
May 7th, 2015, 03:31 PM
Beautiful hair! Happy anniversaries:o

FallingDarkness
May 7th, 2015, 04:38 PM
Um, wow, gorgeous hair much? The change is jaw dropping! Congrats!

Ingrid
May 7th, 2015, 06:45 PM
Congratulations! You hair looks amazing, in many ways :D

yahirwaO.o
May 7th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Beautiful hair and the color-health state improvement is clearly remarkable!!!!

PalomaSincera
May 7th, 2015, 08:37 PM
Congrats! I love natural color. I'm a complete advocate for embracing your hair as it is.

Begemot
May 7th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Beautiful hair! Happy anniversaries:o

Thanks Pinni! :)

Um, wow, gorgeous hair much? The change is jaw dropping! Congrats!

Oh my, thank you... :blushing:

Congratulations! You hair looks amazing, in many ways :D

:D thank you!

Beautiful hair and the color-health state improvement is clearly remarkable!!!!

You can really see from the close up/before cutting the dye pic how dry and matte my ends were. The color was also pretty interesting... Good thing it's all in the past now :) Thank you!

Congrats! I love natural color. I'm a complete advocate for embracing your hair as it is.

There's many of us here in TLHC, we're in good company :D

Thank you so, so much everyone for comments and compliments! Now I'm really glad I finally managed to submit my first anniversary-thread :flowers: