PDA

View Full Version : OMG I just noticed the pun to the name of this forum!

TheGoddess
May 5th, 2015, 07:38 AM
I always thought it was called mane forum, just for talking about hair, and I always thought, well thats dumb this whole site is about hair...NOW I get it The mane forum= The main forum!anyone else take a few years to notice this?

MicheleZ
May 5th, 2015, 07:43 AM
Nope - got it right away lol

allierat
May 5th, 2015, 07:46 AM
Your post made me giggle, I got it right away but I do have moments where I notice things I should have a lot sooner!

hannabiss
May 5th, 2015, 08:48 AM
honestly i noticed it after about a week of being on here. mostly because im dyslexic and i had to realize it wasnt spelled correctly. Then i was like "OH!!" and realized it was a joke about hair.

Arctic
May 5th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Nope - got it right away lol

Me too :) Might be partly because English is a second language to me.

Nadine <3
May 5th, 2015, 09:12 AM
I noticed it immediately lol

missrandie
May 5th, 2015, 09:23 AM
I noticed it right off... but only because I had an English teacher who made puns out of everything :)

cat11
May 5th, 2015, 11:54 AM
I noticed it right off, but I am a poet and I LOVE puns lol

Agnes Hannah
May 5th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Got it first time (but I am a literacy tutor!!)

DancingGirl
May 5th, 2015, 12:13 PM
You're not the only one I never noticed it lol. I feel a bit silly now :o

AZDesertRose
May 5th, 2015, 12:16 PM
I noticed it right away but a) I'm a native English speaker, and b) I have a BA in English, so word play is very easy for me. (Cue the song from "Avenue Q" about "What Do You Do With a BA in English...")

In any case, point being, I have an unfair advantage when it comes to noticing puns/plays on language.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 5th, 2015, 02:16 PM
I got it straight away, it made me smile....

divinedobbie
May 5th, 2015, 02:44 PM
I got it right away but there's a lot of jokes/puns that I'm the last to get

Aaroo
May 5th, 2015, 02:47 PM
English being my second language and my habit of skipping words meant I found out after 3 years :D
Though unlike you I had no idea about the real meaning of mane. I thought it is main as it is the main one. That day after three years I told DH did you know that main can also be spelled mane? And he was like :shocked:
Then I found out what it meant actually :D

cathair
May 5th, 2015, 03:20 PM
Took me years to work it out I am afraid :/ In my defence, I can't think of any forums where the main part is called the 'main forum' :D No that's a rubbish defence, I was just slow *hangs head*

Carolyn
May 5th, 2015, 05:50 PM
I never realized it could be a pun. It just made absolute sense to me to call it the Mane Forum. It's the main place to discuss your mane. I don't look deeply in to most things :gabigrin:

Platzhalter
May 5th, 2015, 06:15 PM
Without this thread, I probably wouldn't have thought about it... but now it's too obvious :D

FallingDarkness
May 5th, 2015, 06:37 PM
I noticed even before I was a member here :P
But LOL It's always so satisfying (and kinda embarrassing) to recognize that you've missed out on something for so long but you FINALLY solved it!

DreamSheep
May 5th, 2015, 07:51 PM
It took me at least a week to realise it was a pun on "main", assuming it was about mane. What made me notice was seeing the quotation marks, and wondering whether the forum was diminishing manes - and no - it was referring to it being the main part.

Duuuuuh!

woodswanderer
May 5th, 2015, 08:20 PM
It always just made sense to me. I must like puns.

EdG
May 5th, 2015, 08:21 PM
I thought the "Mane forum" pun was part of the board's personality, just like the thudpile and dancing cheese. :thudpile: :cheese:
Ed

spirals
May 5th, 2015, 09:44 PM
I got it immediately, but I'm a word nerd.

StarsandFire
May 6th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Wow I just noticed! I only saw mane as in hair, not mane as in main. Then again I never get jokes unless they're pointed out to me :(

BrendaLoan
May 6th, 2015, 08:52 PM
:bigeyes: I just noticed! haha. Thank you for pointing it out