PDA

View Full Version : Dyed Red Hair on Dirty Blonde Baby Foils

kittenattack
May 4th, 2015, 10:36 AM
So. I had a consultation with a colourist, she said I could totally fade out my dark auburn hair to dirty blonde... I asked her about it being hard to get out and she wasn't worried at all about it. She said if I wanted platinum it would be a problem. But not dirty blonde. She said it would take about 3 highlighting sessions. We are going to put dirty blonde highlights on my red, and every month or two come back in to fade more out.

Honestly my hair just looks so bad right now, I couldn't just let it grow out like this. I work in a coporate retail HQ and people are pretty judgey here. This hair thing has been giving me panic attacks and I just can't take it.

morrigan*
May 4th, 2015, 11:16 AM
If you are unhappy do it, just take it slow and baby your hair. Also you could put a bit of coconut oil over your hair so it would minimize damage. You would still get damaged hair, but no so much.

Seeshami
May 4th, 2015, 03:06 PM
I pulled henna out to go to an ash blond and I have to do a little more maintenance then it it was vigin but as long as you pay attention and take care of it you will be fine.

lapushka
May 4th, 2015, 03:21 PM
We bleached the henna out successfully (2 full strength bleaching sessions), then a light brown dye over it. That worked. But then, please stop coloring. I didn't and kept at my roots (and length) with the light brown dye, and I got a chemical cut & burn, not to mention my hair turned a soot black color (why the heck that happened - beats me).

Seeshami
May 4th, 2015, 03:25 PM
^ wisdom

*quality post*

kittenattack
May 4th, 2015, 05:22 PM
I've stopped dying my hair red. Red hair dye has bleach in it unless it says otherwise. My hair isn't that bad health wise. It's just the color. So I'll take a little color rehab then baby it for a while. We are taking it slow anyways. Just a few in two weeks to break up the color line. Then as it grows out will see how I'll do a second set then a third set. She said it would only take three sessions, she was pretty confident and had done this before. I was shocked because so many hair disasters i've been googleing had me in a panic. I'm a little scared, but I'm really happy to get this started. I'm very happy to start moving away from this auburn prison.

browneyedsusan
May 7th, 2015, 05:13 AM
Judgey people stink. Just saying it out loud.
Good luck with your color. Sounds like a great plan. You'll take care of it gradually, and it'll look great every step of the way. :)