PDA

View Full Version : New texture?

Bambi
May 4th, 2015, 09:06 AM
Hi!

My hair has been wurly for many, many years and now it's more silky and straight? It's waist-lenght and of medium thickness...wash it once a week and uses dilluted ACV every time( almost ).

Any suggestions? Why has my texture "changed"?

Arctic
May 4th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Hormones probably. It's not rare dor hair texture/type to change. Sometimes things like henna, products or if the hair is dry might relax curls/waves too.

Mimha
May 4th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Hi!

My hair has been wurly for many, many years and now it's more silky and straight? It's waist-lenght and of medium thickness...wash it once a week and uses dilluted ACV every time( almost ).

Any suggestions? Why has my texture "changed"?

Hello Bambi.

The quality of the hair depends of many things, mainly inner factors (such as age, hormone balance, genetics, food and oligo-elements, etc.) and exterior factors (if you move from one country to another, with a very different climate for example, and what you apply to it : chemicals, heat, etc.)

So there are quite a lot of influences !^^

If I speak about myself, I can tell you that my change of diet has had a tremendous impact on my keratin quality : my hair is more shiny and splits much less than when I was younger. It looks way healthier and less dry. (Well, it's also improving because I use less harsh stuff on it too, I admit^^). But the most noticeable change is that my hair is much wavier than in the past. And I have no clue if this is due to food, age, or what. My mother's hair is also getting wavier with aging, so it may be a normal evolution in my family's genetics.

There are a couple of other threads about this. Some people experience natural straightening of their hair as long as they are growing older, and some others who had pin straight hair when young are getting almost curly. The color is also subject to amazing changes in some people. They can be blond when young and have almost black hair when grown up. And some others on the contrary are born with dark coarse hair and evolve to fine fair manes !^^

By the way, it's natural that hair becomes a little less wavy or curly when it grows long, due to the weight and the length.

Hair never stops amazing us ! :)

endlessly
May 4th, 2015, 11:26 AM
There are many, many reasons why hair can suddenly change texture - age, hormones, new products, etc.

Mine used to be moderately wavy, but the longer it grew and because of how heavy it was, it started straightening itself. Now, pretty much the only way I can get my waves back is to braid it, and even then, it will eventually turn straight!