PDA

View Full Version : When do you expect to reach your final goal length? And how do you deal with the...

TheGoddess
May 3rd, 2015, 07:39 PM
Anxiety of waiting!?
My hair will be where I want it by July 2017...so far away Its annoying :/

hinabelle
May 3rd, 2015, 07:44 PM
No idea. I'm just hoping it's where I want it by 2020 or 2025. I want time to enjoy my hair
being long and beautiful while I'm still young. ;)

Puffer Fish
May 3rd, 2015, 07:52 PM
I have no idea when I expect to reach my goal for two reasons:

1: This is the longest I've gone in my life without a haircut (almost a year!), and my hair is the longest it's ever been (collarbone), so I don't know my growth rate.

2: I don't really know what my goal is, just that I'll probably like it when I get there and not want to really go further.
Sometimes it's better to not be so concrete; then you don't have to worry about timelines and deadlines and lengths.

Either way, I'm sick of this stage and the growing is slow enough that I'm going crazy. Just put your hair up if you can and love it the best you can as it is, so you can love it even more when it gets to where you want it to be. :agree:

TheGoddess
May 3rd, 2015, 07:55 PM
its so stressful when I see other girls with hair the length that I want mine, I get so jealous and pissed at myself for ever cutting off those 7 inches and getting layers :mad:

Wildcat Diva
May 3rd, 2015, 07:57 PM
Anxiety? Retail therapy with bad-ass hairtoys that I can wear now and later. Feel like a princess everyday when choosing what to wear in my hair. Forget about how crazy I am.... Repeat.

TheGoddess
May 3rd, 2015, 07:57 PM
No idea. I'm just hoping it's where I want it by 2020 or 2025. I want time to enjoy my hair
being long and beautiful while I'm still young. ;)
how old are you? I feel the same way too I'm already 21...my hair will be the length i want it at 23...and then by 30 I'm sure my looks will start going down hill by then

Sarahlabyrinth
May 3rd, 2015, 07:58 PM
Next year, 2016. Likely the end of next year because I am doing micro trims to thicken up my thin ends, thin from a stress shed early in 2013. It doesn't seem so long to wait, now, time is passing so fast. And I can enjoy other things in the meantime, like enjoying my natural colour and healthy hair showing through more and more (I am transitioning to my natural hair colour).

Hoping to reach Classic next year :)

Well, I reached Classic this year (2016) and have decided to grow on to knee. All going well I should reach knee sometime in 2018. The way time is flying by it won't take long, at all. In the meantime I enjoy my hair the way it is and enjoy pampering it, being gentle with it and looking after it the best way I know how. I hope I can reach knee.

The trick to dealing with the anxiety/impatience is to have PATIENCE and get busy concentrating on other things in the meantime, like life, and living and keeping oneself healthy as can be managed. And to enjoy the journey of hair growing along the way. Enjoy the journey as well as the destination. :)

MicheleZ
May 3rd, 2015, 07:59 PM
Lol WD - same here!

MicheleZ
May 3rd, 2015, 08:00 PM
Ahh yes, at 30 everything goes to hell in a hand basket .....(sarcastic mode)

Clarkie
May 3rd, 2015, 08:03 PM

LOL!!! I was wondering when someone would jump on this. What I wouldn't give to be 30 again.....and know what I know now. :)

TheGoddess
May 3rd, 2015, 08:05 PM

I don't mean people look 'ugly' at 30 or even 'old' but anyone can agree that at that age even if you take care of yourself its inevitable that aging starts to occur, including thinning of the hair, loss of collagen, and all that stuff that going to take away some of the beauty of long hair.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 3rd, 2015, 08:11 PM
I don't mean people look 'ugly' at 30 or even 'old' but anyone can agree that at that age even if you take care of yourself its inevitable that aging starts to occur, including thinning of the hair, loss of collagen, and all that stuff that going to take away some of the beauty of long hair.

Well, I'm 50 and my hair hasn't thinned yet. Not really much in the way of wrinkles yet either. Still happy :)

hinabelle
May 3rd, 2015, 08:14 PM
TheGoddess, I turn 20 this year. My hair is longer than it's ever been right now so I can
only cross my fingers and hope I can have what I consider "long" (WL+) eventually. Oh, and
take really, really good care of my hair. :D

cathair
May 3rd, 2015, 08:17 PM

Thank you, that's really comforting :D

Nahhh, I'm joking :) Just chill. If you think about it every minute of every day, it will drag. But I am almost certain when you look back in 2017, you will wonder how the time passed so fast. It's just perspective. Try to enjoy you hair for how it is all the way along your journey. Shorter hair has some benefits you won't have again unless you cut it.

curlylocks85
May 3rd, 2015, 08:20 PM

I will be 30 this August and I look the same as I did 10 years ago. Some people think I am in Junior High and that my 9 year old son is my little brother. My hair and face show no signs of aging and with my genes won't for a very long time.

Vivalagina
May 3rd, 2015, 08:26 PM
I'd guess maybe 2018? 2019? Not sure how long I want to go or how much I'll trim off before I get there.

Cinnamoon
May 3rd, 2015, 08:38 PM
About two years, I think - at my growth rate, that ought to get me to classic, which is about as far as I want to go. (And I may cut back when I get there - we'll see!) That's about as long as I've been growing this time around, but the first two years flew by because I wasn't thinking about my hair at all - now that I'm back on LHC, I'm thinking about it so much more, and two years seems like a very long time! Ah, well. Time keeps moving, and I'll get there soon enough. :)

Begemot
May 3rd, 2015, 08:59 PM
With regular trimming I would say... maybe next fall? I'm really close to my goal (waist length) but I want to trim and have thicker and more even hemline. I'm not in rush but I would have wanted to get to waist for summer... bleh.

FallingDarkness
May 3rd, 2015, 09:52 PM
Well theoretically I should be at BCL in like 10 months. HOWEVER by then I'm gonna want classic or something, so I don't think I'm ever gonna be satisfied with the length of my hair. :/ I'm just getting used to it ALWAYS being short!

sumidha
May 4th, 2015, 12:16 AM
Probably like ten years.

I try to practice benign neglect, wear it up 99% of the time and think about it as little as possible.

b70
May 4th, 2015, 12:22 AM
My first goal is APL, my hair grows fairly quickly so I am hoping to reach that by christmas this year. Then it is on to BSL.... baby steps.

I am 45 and have not had hair longer than collarbone in over 20 years so this is new to me - for now I focus on treating my hair better and getting healthy hair.

And to you young ones: my hair is not thinning and I have never been happier with my looks than I have been after 40. There is life after 30, believe it or not ;)

Wosie
May 4th, 2015, 01:00 AM
Well, according to my Open Office hair growth chart I will be reaching classic length in the end of 2017... Time goes by so quickly for me that I don't mind the wait. :) It's been three years since I cut my hair into a pixie (doesn't seem like long ago), and it'll take ~the same amount of time to reach my goal. ^_^

Katlette
May 4th, 2015, 01:57 AM
My secret for not getting anxious is not having a goal! I want to have better, not just longer, hair. That means that all the LHC approved hair friendly stuff I do is taking me in the right direction.

In terms of length, I do want to get to classic, which I hope will happen sometime next year. However, if it doesn't happen, that'll be because I've S&D'd more damage out.
Once I get to classic, I think I'll maintain until I get the hemline I want and all damage is gone. This will probably take a year or two if I reach classic in 2016 (though, given the LHC effect, I might be aiming for knee at that point).

I'm already looking forward to going grey (based on my parents, that's 30 years away), because growing that out will be another fun project.

What I'm trying to say is that focusing on the journey rather than a goal length takes the pressure away for me.

Estrid
May 4th, 2015, 02:16 AM
My goal atm is to reach hip length. I think I will reach waist in the summer 2016 and hips probably a year later. The wait I will be able to deal with, soon I will have longer hair than I have ever had before and that in itself will be exciting. I will have to trim away my uneven kitchen scissor-cut layers eventually, not sure how much that will slow things down, haha.

missblueeyes
May 4th, 2015, 02:48 AM
Since I'm growing out dye, I don't even want to think about it. I mean, I might reach TBL next year or the year after if I decide not to trim at all, but virgin TBL hair? That'll be around 4 years from now. I'll be 24 by then. A good age, but still. I'm such an impatient person. :P I even considered only going for hip and then starting to maintain because I want to get to my goal quicker. ^^°

restless
May 4th, 2015, 03:43 AM
Well, I still havent made up my mind about whether TBL or classic is my final goal, but either way I hope to be there in 2 years. Unfortunatly Im already 28 by now, so...

Ahh yes, at 30 everything goes to hell in a hand basket .....

;)

hanne jensen
May 4th, 2015, 04:30 AM
how old are you? I feel the same way too I'm already 21...my hair will be the length i want it at 23...and then by 30 I'm sure my looks will start going down hill by then

Sigh, you are but young. You are forgiven for the inadvertant insult. I'll reach my goal in about 10 years, so I just care for my hair, put it up and enjoy the journey. Hair grows as it grows.

curlylocks85
May 4th, 2015, 04:39 AM
Anxiety of waiting!?

My long term goal is classic length. My hair gains 6" per year and I am almost at APL. Figuring in the shrinkage of curls, I estimate I will hit this goal in about 6 years, which will be in 2021.

lapushka
May 4th, 2015, 06:04 AM

Downhill by 30. Sheesh. What are those of us in our 40s, 50s, and 60s on here supposed to say to that. ;)

momschicklets
May 4th, 2015, 06:14 AM
Well my goal has changed from BSL to WL, so that heaped another year on my wait :p But I think I'm about 2 years away from it as I'm about an inch past APL now and have fairly average growth, I believe.

And I hafta say I'm 42 and my hair is nice and thick and I garner enough attention to figure I haven't gotten too far downhill yet ;);) I laugh a little at the comment, because I thought the same exact thing at that age! Happy to report it's not true....nope.

slynr
May 4th, 2015, 06:16 AM

Ah, youth. You will change your mind about this.

lunaF.
May 4th, 2015, 06:22 AM
You guys are so lucky, my hair is between SL and APL and that's just most of it, the rest is like three inches shorter because of growing out bangs which will be SL next year and i'll have to get a bunch of hair cut off to make it even. And my bangs are harder to keep track of split end wise.

YvetteVarie
May 4th, 2015, 06:36 AM
I will probably never reach my goal. I get so bored with my hair I end up cutting it off or doing something with it. So my aim right now is to enjoy every length. And really think for 6+ weeks if I want to make drastic changes to my hair.

Well, I don't mind getting to 30 and beyond now (well, mostly). Hopefully I will age like my mother :)

Nique1202
May 4th, 2015, 07:32 AM
Don't worry so much about enjoying your hair while you're young. Take care of yourself so you feel better for longer. Age is inevitable for all of us but not everyone's hair halves in thickness at 30, or 40, or even 50 or 60, your terminal length doesn't necessarily get shorter with age, and if you avoid the sun and other bad habits your skin won't lose its collagen as quickly and you'll have fewer wrinkles and less sagging and all that, if that's a big concern of yours. Also, white and grey hair mean you can play with vegetable dyes without bleach damage!

As for my personal hair goals, I'm maybe 15 months from classic with no trims at my growth rate. I plan to start my 30s with hair that makes me happy because it's a convenient round number and I'm only 2.5 years away. So I could be nearly blunt classic by the time I'm 30, or I could be closer to midthigh or knee and still have my layers. I'm not sure yet what I want, but I'll figure it out as I grow.

Johannah
May 4th, 2015, 07:41 AM
It depends for how long I'm going to maintain. If I will maintain until this summer, like my first plan, I'll be at my goal at the end of this year. If I'll maintain longer, it'll probably at the beginning of 2016.

Finally. When I started with growing my hair, it was APL length, heavily layered and bleached. I thought I'd never get this far.

hannabiss
May 4th, 2015, 08:01 AM
I seem to flip flop alot. im 24 and probably wont have waist length till im 27. though something tells me ill probably let it grow longer and longer. the only thing that will stop me is if my ends get. really really thin. then ill thicken them up. But i dont think 30 is old and unattractive by any rate. in fact im looing forward to my thirties. thirty, flirty and thriving!!!

Arctic
May 4th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Ha ha, I'm too snickering about the 30-years old comments :D To be honest, I never felt prettier than after 30. :) Like Hanne Jensen said, your youth makes the comments/insults forgivable :) I remember a time when 30 seemed ancient.

cat11
May 4th, 2015, 08:12 AM
Well....my hair goal is knee and I'm approaching wwaist, so I have a long way to go. I'm bad at estimating this stuff but probably like five years? I like all the pit stops along the way and my initial reason for growing my hair out was updos so I have a lot to learn along the way to fill that time. I hope by knee I am a more accomplished braider. I can't even French braid but I want to.learn and to learn lace braiding and crown braiding and multi strand braiding. And ALL the buns lol. Hair stick making. Slowly getting rid of damaged ends... Key word slowly. Straightening my hem. When I get to classic I plan on making a desicion of whether or not to maintain for awhile and thicken, because I know a lot of folks need.it and a nice hem is important to me. So I have plenty of other goals to focus on before I get there to keep me occupied!!

Selkie-
May 4th, 2015, 08:14 AM
Ah, youth. You will change your mind about this.

Absolutely this!! ;)

LaBeq
May 4th, 2015, 08:25 AM
I don't have an ultimate goal...right now I'm just trying to get to waist, and then we'll see. At my observed excruciatingly slow growth rate, that will take another two years (I'm currently approaching BSL). However, I'm hoping that my improved diet and exercise is boosting my metabolism and growth rate, and that I might start growing at closer to the average rate. If so, I'll get to waist in a year or less.

Larki
May 4th, 2015, 08:32 AM
I don't really have a final goal length, but I'm thinking I'll be at classic in like two years.

lunalocks
May 4th, 2015, 09:58 AM
My length goals have been pretty conservative, given that 5 years ago I never thought I would reach waist. That was my goal. Then I reached it and made another goal, hip. Then TB. When I reached that I made the new goal of classic Now I am past that and made the new goal of FTL. With smaller increment goals that I reach in a year or two, I find I am happy and amazed when I get there rather than disappointed that I don't get there faster.

But I have found 2 things things that has helped with my impatience. First is that I began wearing my hair up every day. Then 6 months later when I decided to wear it down for a day, I was astounded by the length gain. The other thing is that I stopped trimming. Just s and d. Yes, my ends are thin. Never thought I would like the fairy tails on me, but at this length they are looking mighty fine. Trying to maintain a thick hemline with hemline hair that had been abused kept me at hip for a whole year and I wanted to move on. I keep thinking that when I reach my goal, I will trim to maintain and someday it will all be trimmed off. Meanwhile, the thickness is traveling down. But, my goal keeps changing. Part of me thinks that once I reach FTL my goal again will change to knee, just to see if I can get there.

I made it to waist over many years by trimming 1/4 inch every 3 months. But I am 58 and curious about just how long I can grow. I wish I knew at age 30 what I know now.

going gray
May 4th, 2015, 10:09 AM
Oh all you young women out there, enjoy your youth & youthful hair because it does change.

StellaKatherine
May 4th, 2015, 10:11 AM
My goal right now is classic lenght when my hair is wavy. My hair is right now little over an inch from classic when WET. But because my hair growing slow I will get to dry-wavy-classic this christmas only if I am lucky enough :)So not too long away. But next possible goal would be finger tips, i think that lenght is kinda sexy :D

I am 33 myself. I basically look the same since I turned 12. Lol yeah , at 12 everyone thought I was 18-20 :) Only difference now is that I am fatter. Don't see any of the going down happening yet lol

Arete
May 4th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Depending on my growth rate? I could be there sometime between next March and next december. Waiting sucks.

endlessly
May 4th, 2015, 11:17 AM
I guess right now I don't have a goal length. The longest it has been was nearly to knee when I had to cut about 10 inches to remove some terrible layers, so if I want it back to that length, it should take about a year. Deep in my heart, I've always wanted to reach my terminal length, but I just don't think I have the patience for that! I agree though, it does get tiring waiting for it to grow, so I'm just trying to enjoy the length it's at now - just shy of Classic.

They say "a watched pot never boils", so I try to take that same approach with my hair and just forget about it, otherwise, like you said, there's a bit of anxiety! Right now, I'm trying to just keep it healthy because I know that healthier hair is what I really want in the end.

sarahthegemini
May 4th, 2015, 12:02 PM
I'm at APL atm and aiming for BSL. I'm micro trimming so I'll probably be at my goal this time next year (if not before)

Avital88
May 4th, 2015, 12:08 PM
I was at my first goal of tbl but I went to a salon after two yrs of self trimming. I got a hideous cut and way too much of my length gone. :/ with this happend it will add six months to my final goal waiting. My final goal is knee and I expect to reach this by late 2018 w microtrims

ositarosita
May 4th, 2015, 12:16 PM
No idea because I don't know what length I want my hair. Meaning I could reach WL and be happy or HL, BCL, even classic. Not knowing and not thinking about it gives me a sense of freedom. I do have a longer torso than most so even if I knew I would drive myself CRAZY with math and waiting and I just don't have time for that :)

Zesty
May 4th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Well with my growth rate and the way my body is spaced out I seem to hit a new milestone roughly once a year without trims. Which I'm not big on trimming, anyway, so if I'm aiming for classic then I can probably safely say five to six years or so? I'm wanting to get there by the time I'm thirty. Not because I'm afraid of thirty or of being ugly at that point by any means, but just because it's a big milestone. Like before I would say "goal by graduation" or what have you. It's arbitrary and far enough away to be a conservative estimate, so I shouldn't be disappointed by an unrealistic timeline. :o

Somehow quantifying it makes it feel sooner, even though I'm further away than a lot of you. Anyway, maybe my growth will surprise me!

Seventy7
May 4th, 2015, 12:20 PM
I don't have a final goal and I'm sure not waiting on it. The bit around shoulder was a bit tough to get through, as my hair wasn't happy and I didn't know many updo's.
Right now I'm heading towards APL and I'm really starting to enjoy my hair. It feels better, even if it is still a bit tangle-prone.
It looks better, in updo's for sure.

I am waiting for the day I can bundrop or wear it down and shock people with the length. But I don't hang on that image too much as I don't know if it will ever happen.

I'm not sure how long my hair was when I first cut it to a bob 15 years ago, but I'm near that length.
Any day now I'll reach uncharted territories and I'm exited about the journey.

Agnes Hannah
May 4th, 2015, 03:48 PM
Hip length here, growing on to tailbone hopefully by end of summer. Final goal, I'm not sure.....

sarah.j.xx
May 4th, 2015, 06:52 PM
My ultimate goal length is blunt classic, but right now I'm still trying to reach solid waist length. My longest layers are hovering above waist length, though, so I'm thinking I have about five years to reach classic.

blue_eyes
May 4th, 2015, 08:24 PM
I'm going to hit my goal length (waist) this December, although I've been working towards it for almost 2 years now. However, it's going to be WL with dyed ends that I'm trying to grow out, so while I'll technically reach my goal length I won't really have reached my goal of growing out all the dye and having WL hair for another 2 years.

I don't really know how I've dealt with the past two years, it was brutal at first but now that I've actually gained a lot of length I feel like I've made a lot of progress and that's keeping me motivated. :)

Robot Ninja
May 4th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Getting to fingertip with all my chemical dye gone will take another 5-6 years. I'll be past 40 by then. Older and greyer. Or rather, purpler. Or maybe by then I'll be really grey and have to embark on another hair journey, to grow out all the not-grey.

I'm actually not unhappy with my current length, and if anything longer becomes too much effort or my ends get too skimpy for my liking I could cut back to classic and maintain there forever and be fine with that. So the waiting doesn't really bother me.

fiabia
May 5th, 2015, 05:54 PM
My goal is waist length hair. I'm close to BSL now, so my wild guess is I'll reach it in two years time? I've never had hair that long, so I'm not even sure it can get to that length... But I really hope so!

To make the time pass, I just try to forget about it. I do my treatments, protective hairstyles, cone-free products etc. because it's a part of my daily routine now, but I try to stay a bit away from this forum :D I just get so impatient if I'm really focused on it, it's like watching paint dry.

Arwenlily
May 5th, 2015, 07:57 PM
Well I guess it depends on what my true goal is. For now I'm aiming for waist length when curly and on good days currently I'm at bra strap length. I've done a lot of trims recently because of damaged ends but I plan on taking a break from that for now for a couple of months at least. I hope I will get some good growth! Since I've done such frequent trims, I'm not quite sure what my growth rate is but I'm looking forward to finding out. It is difficult to see the length I have achieved when my hair is curly, so it feels discouraging to mark progress. However, if my growth rate is a minimum of .5" per month when curly, I should reach waist length in about a year.

Once I reach waist length, I want to maintain for some time so that I can grow out more damage and also pesky layers that make my hair feel shorter!

It is terribly frustrating to have to wait to reach a goal but I enjoy the process and look at the fun of it. Also in the meantime, I enjoy the other aspects of my life that I experience as well during that time!

DreamSheep
May 5th, 2015, 08:10 PM
It's strange, because I have no specific length goal (though I would like to hit classic and maybe mid thigh) - mine is more of a time goal. I said I wouldn't cut my hair until I hand in my PhD and complete my viva... which I probably have 3-4 years to go. Then, I don't know what will happen, maybe I will cut my hair, maybe I will keep it long.

I've learnt to love my long hair, and am now wondering how I ever liked it short (basically, the awkward phase for me ended past BSL - which was already a lot of waiting!).

So, I'm guessing 2018 at the rate I'm going :)

FallingDarkness
May 5th, 2015, 08:38 PM
DreamSheep, don't EVER cut your hair!!! It's too beautiful!
I mean you can maintain if you want. Get a few inches off here or there. And I mean it's your hair you can do what you want to. I'd just miss it :P

LauraLongLocks
May 5th, 2015, 08:40 PM
I have to grow about 27 more inches to reach my final length goal of 60". That should take me 6-7 years, depending on trims and such. How do I deal with the anxiety? Well, there's nothing I can do to speed it up. So why not enjoy where I am right now? I have made a point of loving my hair at every length. So far, that has worked for me. I'm hoping to make BCL the end of this year, TBL by the end of 2016, and classic by the end of 2017. I think somewhere in the TBL-classic zone, I will be at a length that feels superlength at last, and I can just enjoy it from there on. But really, even now, between hip and BCL, I'm just enjoying it, because what else is there to do? Can't make it grow any faster, so just love it like it is.

skeletonous
May 5th, 2015, 08:47 PM
Like, 2025 considering it'll take about 10 years for me to get to floor accounting for my waves and some trims :hollie:

I like to have fun scrunchies (and other hairtoys in general) and learn different braiding techniques/hairstyles for each length that I reach to keep myself entertained. Though I feel like once I hit MBL to Hip or so I'll be decently satisfied in the length itself.

Anje
May 5th, 2015, 08:50 PM
Eh, I reached my initial/minimum goal of tailbone a few years back. Maintained there for a while to thicken things up, now I'm curious if it'll get to my knees. So I'm gonna find out. :D Any length I can get past TB at this point is just bonus, so I'm enjoying it all.

Also, you're not old til you decide you are. I'm not even sure I'm a real grown-up yet. XD

Sarahlabyrinth
May 5th, 2015, 08:53 PM
I'm about 16 years old inside my head....

DreamSheep
May 5th, 2015, 09:12 PM
DreamSheep, don't EVER cut your hair!!! It's too beautiful!
I mean you can maintain if you want. Get a few inches off here or there. And I mean it's your hair you can do what you want to. I'd just miss it :P

Aww, thanks! :)

Honestly, it has been a pleasant surprise that I liked my long hair (I always had short hair and thought long hair didn't suit me - turned out I had the wrong style when I was younger :p).

And thanks to the LHC I now know how to keep it out of the way without it causing trouble when I need to, so I don't see big chops happening any time soon. <3

Your hair gorgeous too by the way - and it has grown sooo much!!

FallingDarkness
May 5th, 2015, 10:55 PM
Aww, thanks! :)

Honestly, it has been a pleasant surprise that I liked my long hair (I always had short hair and thought long hair didn't suit me - turned out I had the wrong style when I was younger :p).

And thanks to the LHC I now know how to keep it out of the way without it causing trouble when I need to, so I don't see big chops happening any time soon. <3

Your hair gorgeous too by the way - and it has grown sooo much!!

Glad you found out sooner rather than later! More time in life to enjoy your glorious locks :P
OH GOOD. 1 more reason why I absolutely love the LHC...
Awwwwww thanks! I've been feeling down a little lately about my hair growth this year, so that means a lot to me <3 You're the best

Suguru
May 6th, 2015, 04:48 AM
Well, if I didn't trim at all it would take me 6 years to reach 100 cm without layers! However, I imagine at least some trimming will be required along the way, so it will probably take me a good decade to get there! In the meantime, I'm planning on just enjoying each hair stage I go through for what it is.

Hurven
May 6th, 2015, 04:54 AM
Maybe 2017 if I don't cut the dye I'm growing out. But since I intend to trim my dyed parts as I go, I don't think I will reach my goal until 2019.

shola-faye
May 6th, 2015, 06:03 AM
Hmm 6 inches a year average, I haven't trimmed so far since I shaved it but I plan to as necessary. My goal is for stretched hair because my hair's shrinkage makes it impossible to measure reliably any other way. I think I'l reach my goal of 'long hair' in my eyes at least in about 5-6 years.
To pass the time, well I'm looking forward to being able to do a ponytail/bun and updos, once I can do some of those I think I'll be content with my length until I get to goal. I'm quite close, I think I'll be able to do a ponytail this winter and updos with hair toys maybe the following winter :D

Wusel
May 6th, 2015, 01:48 PM

NO! I definitely don't agree!
When I was your age, I was thinking definitely different when I was watching my mother combing her hair.
And: Please go on my YouTube channel, see my low-collagen-face, my "thin" hair and guess my age.
And search a bit and see some photos of all the BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL women here who are even 40, 50, 60 and look A W E S O M E with long hair.
Sorry, you've made me a bit angry.

chen bao jun
May 6th, 2015, 04:17 PM
I should reach goal of waist in 2017.
I will be 60.
I never wanted long hair until I was 55, so started growing then. When I started, I read all the things saying being over 50 and in menopause meant my hair would thin, wouldn't grow, etc,etc, but so far with LHC methods my hair has gotten thicker ( and it was already thick) and it's growing right on schedule. So I would say, if you want to grow and are older, go ahead, even if it's for the first time. There are many on this forum who are middle aged or older and have great hair.

As for getting less attractive with age, I think I was at my most attractive at age 42, 43. under 25 I just didn't have the confidence to shine yet. Or the knowledge of how to dress to suit me. However, though I am 16 or so years older than what I think was my absolute best, people still say I am beautiful all the time, so it's not like being almost 60 makes you ugly. Younger women come to me all the time and ask for fashion and style advice. I have had younger women's husband's drag them over to me and say to their wife, I want you to get a dress like that, etc at events or tell them in front of me that they want them to look the way i do when they get to be my age. Very often, actually.

I think this is because i never try to look younger and because i have the confidence to know that older does not equal messed up, if you feel like making an effort. Some women get tired of the whole thing and decide to live in sweat pants, and that's fine,too. But if you like glamour, its actually easier after a certain age. People who want to sell you products would like you to think its not, in my opinion, so you can buy their stuff that's supposed to make you look young. I don't think I look young and that's not a goal. there are plenty of beautiful older women and it's my goal to keep being one--at the moment, long hair is part of that, may change, I don't know.

HintOfMint
May 7th, 2015, 12:38 AM
I suppose my goal length is classic, and if I'm factoring in trims, I'll reach it in about two years (at that ripe old age of 30, LOL). However, I've grown less enchanted with a "goal length" and have started to just focus on enjoying the "long." I may not enjoy it as it gets much longer than tailbone and that's perfectly alright.

Bless your young'un heart. :laugh:
I remember being quite afraid of aging at your age. But by the time 30 happens to you, you'll be fine with it. Yes, people age, and people age at different rates. Some women still look like they're in their first flush of youth, some look their age, some look a bit more, erm, weathered. I suppose it's kinda rich of me to say such things, being brown helps a bit in the aging department. But however you turn out, you'll be fine, I guarantee that. Somehow with age comes confidence and being comfortable in your own skin.
Did I scare you more? MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

visionofnight
May 7th, 2015, 01:33 AM
To get my longest layer to my hips, which is my goal at the moment I'm ... looking at probably late 2017 or early 2018. I'm sitting at about BSL right now, with some major damage and some wicked fairytale ends. I'd eventually like to kinda ... thicken that up because I have a WHOLE lot of taper but. I'm just focused on trying to be kinder to my hair in the meantime and maybe microtrim. I only recently started trying to grow my hair out, so I've been REALLY rough on it up to now, lol. If I actually try to get it all nice and stuff, it's gonna be ... oh. Probably 2020. Hahaha.

Marika
May 7th, 2015, 01:37 AM
I don't have a particular goal length but so far, my longest ever has been TBL and I'd like to pass that this time around. I think I'll probably reach classic in two years or so, depending how much I trim. Sometimes I'm even thinking terminal, just out of curiosity but honestly, I don't think it's going to happen.

I think it's important to enjoy your hair at every length and don't think about it too much. Talking about first world problems, if someone gets anxious or obsessed over hair.

And the age thing... Age has nothing to do with good hair or beauty. My hair is a lot thicker and in better shape now than it was 10 years ago. I also look better and feel better now than I did when I was 21 years old. I turned 33 a couple of days ago and no way, I would like to be 20 year old again! :D

mermaid lullaby
May 7th, 2015, 07:00 AM
Eh, I'm not going to add anything new in the age pit. Its been talked about too much.

I think tailbone is perfect for me and I hope to get there this fall.

Dragon Faery
May 26th, 2015, 03:24 AM
Hmm, well my goal is white hair at Terminal, so I have no choice but to wait, possibly for a very long time. I'm hoping my Terminal is longer than Floor, but the only way to find out is to grow for about 10 more years and see. I plan to grow at least until 2030, with no trims beyond S & D after 2020.

It was a 19-year wait when I started at APL in June of 2011, and the first 3 years were the hardest. I actually gave up waiting around for Waist and just ignored it for 2 years. Then suddenly one day I realized I was past Waist AND Hip and into BCL territory. It was such a shock I cut 2 inches.

Now I'm nearly to TBL, and the closer I get to Classic the better I feel about my hair and the more content I am to just wait and let it happen. I know I can get at least to Classic, based on how much I've trimmed since 2011; and I'm pretty sure I can make it as far as Fingertip. I should be at Tailbone sometime this fall, and I'm hoping to be at Classic between Valentine's Day and Easter of 02016. Fingertip could be as early as Christmas 2016, though it will probably take longer.

I'm gaining white hairs at the rate of 1 a day right now, so I think in a year or 2 I'll have a substantial streak coming in on one side of my head. If I do indeed have my father's mother's greying pattern, I should be completely white before the age of 50. But I have to wait until I'm all white to find out that I am, so ... yeah. I have a few white hairs at Hip, so hopefully they will continue their downward trek.

In short, my goal is basically a life commitment so I just have to live with it. I have my days (and weeks and years) of obsessing, and then I move on to something else for a while while I'm waiting. In the end I'll get there. :)

Aderyn
May 26th, 2015, 03:42 AM
Well, if I wanted to race to goal, I could reach my goal length in about a year to a year and a half.

However, I've been bouncing around between hip and BCL for the past few months in order to thicken up my hemline, grow out some old damage and to just enjoy my hair as is and focus on the health of my hair over the length. Not in a rush at this point as I'm fairly happy with my length currently and it's just going to be fairly smooth sailing from this point forward. I've been having fun working with a variety of hair toy sizes (from more modest, slim 4 inch two-prong hair forks to some very intimidating 3 or 4 prong hair forks) without it looking comical. At this rate, it'd probably take me around 2 years, I guess.

Soulina
May 26th, 2015, 03:54 AM
I want to have classic length when I am 30, maybe even longer. At the moment I am back to nearly waist because bad things happened :( It took me less than year from waist to hip last time, I am really short so they are not that far apart. So in 7 years from waist to classic is absolutely doable and I think I can have classic in maybe 5 years at the age of 27, If my hair keeps up the solid 5-6 inch/year speed :D

I am very optimistic and happy about my hair, because it has had such a great recovery, last 5 months I have had HUGE improvement on hair health and hemline and even still managed to get some length!

Maybe when I am 30 I will have virgin hair in classic length? I have now 10 cm of virgin growth. I just enjoy every little milestone (that I have many) the longer my hair seems to get the shorter it feels. I think I never felt, even at hip, that my hair is long, maybe too much LHC?

Linguaphilia
May 26th, 2015, 04:26 AM
My goal is knee length for now, and based on the growth I've had so far, that will take me about three years, hopefully less. By then I'll be 27.

JustPam
May 26th, 2015, 04:59 AM
I'm aiming for virgin at TBL, I'm estimating/hoping I'll be virgin at WL by end of August next year (my 27th birthday), after that it'll be another ~7" to TBL soooo possibly Christmas 2017?

lilin
May 26th, 2015, 06:16 AM
Anxiety of waiting!?

Probably the better part of 4 years. I shaved my head in December, and my goal is waist. I'll be hitting the big 3-0 by the time that happens. That's weird to think about...

I actually really enjoyed my shave/buzz for a while, but now I really want my long hair back (only healthier -- my previous hair was pretty messed up), and it will be at least a year and a half before I can even tie it back. I had a set-back a month or two ago, when I had regrown nearly 3 inches of hair. I tried to change the cut (shortening the sides) and messed it up so much that I just buzzed it back down. It was too terrible to go out and feel ok about it. Now I'm at about 1 1/3 inches again.

How do I deal with it? Well, no choice really. But now I am resolved NOT to try to cut my hair again (apart from perhaps trimming the back of my neck to combat the mullet) until I'm ready to go to bob so it's all one length and I can just grow from there.

The memory of losing 3 inches of hair is what keeps my hands off it as my buzz turns into an awkward sorta-pixie, which will then become an awkward I'm-a-teenage-boy cut.

*sigh* :(

Wusel
May 26th, 2015, 07:23 AM
I expect WL around Christmas 2016 which is my first goal.
But I've decided to never ever cut again, so, I'm going for terminal.

Yeah. My new mantra: SCISSORS OFF HEAD!

zirena
May 26th, 2015, 08:11 AM
This time next year I should be at waist.

I plan on continuing growing out my bangs and then getting them blended into my hair by the end of this year, then a decent trim and some fine layers mid-next year which might set me back a few centimetres depending on how much I want to take off.
So hopefully December 2016 I will have achieved my ultimate goal of styled waist length with mostly virgin colour!

CoveredByLove
May 26th, 2015, 08:14 AM
My hair growth is a bit above average which helps compensate for my curliness. I also no longer trim my hair. I've made it from APL to BSL in 7 months before with no trims. So I've given myself a range of time and broke it up into small achievements that I feel are realistic for me. Based off of how far apart these measurements are and I'm only 5' tall, no trims, and no breakage----

BSL Christmas '15 (I'm there wet/stretched but I torture myself and go by how it looks curly :p )
MBL Summer '16
WL Christmas '16
HL Summer '17 (HL is only an inch or two below WL for me because of my shortness, so I may make it sooner)
TBL Christmas '17

I'm going for terminal, so TBL isn't where I stop, but that's where I stop thinking to avoid being overwhelmed. Small goals are best. :) I think 2 1/2 years from now is plenty of time for me to reach TBL without trims. But I rarely *think* about TBL. I'm trying to enjoy the length I'm at and focus on the next short term goal. :)

Magalo
May 26th, 2015, 08:17 AM
It's all about the journey! I don't care when I'll be there. I'm not even sure where will I go. Whatever. :p All I know is that every week that passes, my hair is a bit better than the week before.

Agnes Hannah
May 26th, 2015, 08:47 AM
I'm going for Classic by Christmas 2016. When I get there, I plan on maintaining for a while to let the taper grow down a bit. After that, who knows, terminal maybe?

JadedByEntropy
May 26th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Hmm, well my goal is white hair at Terminal, so I have no choice but to wait, possibly for a very long time. I'm hoping my Terminal is longer than Floor, but the only way to find out is to grow for about 10 more years and see. I plan to grow at least until 2030, with no trims beyond S & D after 2020.

I'm the same. I've always loved white terminal, and seen plenty of beautiful healthy long white haired ladies for inspiration when i was tiny and blond. *sigh*

I also hope to make classic by the end of this year, and to keep growing on. I wouldn't be happy at floor because my braids already braid themselves from the ends when i do them. Thats a deal breaker if i can't put it away 'easily' when i feel like it. Fingertip would be perfect. someone on here called it sexy. haha If i can reach that, it'll make the wait on grays easier.

I haven't seen a white hair of mine yet that wasn't just a blond :/ I want a pure white...even if it comes down to having to dye floor length...i'll have it.

Zebra Fish
May 26th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Just enjoying the journey :) No idea when will decide to stop the length (and that is still far away).

Dragon Faery
May 27th, 2015, 05:10 AM
I'm the same. I've always loved white terminal, and seen plenty of beautiful healthy long white haired ladies for inspiration when i was tiny and blond. *sigh*

I also hope to make classic by the end of this year, and to keep growing on. I wouldn't be happy at floor because my braids already braid themselves from the ends when i do them. Thats a deal breaker if i can't put it away 'easily' when i feel like it. Fingertip would be perfect. someone on here called it sexy. haha If i can reach that, it'll make the wait on grays easier.

I haven't seen a white hair of mine yet that wasn't just a blond :/ I want a pure white...even if it comes down to having to dye floor length...i'll have it.

Yay for similar goals!!! I think my only possible way I'd change my goal from Terminal (if longer than floor) would be if I found beyond floor way too much to deal with. And I'd still probably keep it there for a little bit, at least. But if it's too much or if my hair just won't grow that long, then I'm really hoping for Knee. So we'll see. I don't have the backbraiding issue yet, but in a foot or so I'm sure I will.

And white ... at least mine really are coming in pure white. I'm really happy about that. :) I hope you get your FTL white mane someday. It will be soooo cooool! :)

Federica
May 27th, 2015, 05:30 AM
I don't even want to calculate when I'll reach my goal because it would be so much frustrating if it turns out that it would take more time than I supposed.
Plus, my hair is so wavy that it changes A LOT from one day to another in terms of lenght and texture (because of the humidity): I'm at one inch to BCL with slight U shaped hem when stretched, and some days it looks almost that length and shape when wavy, but some other days it looks like it's just past waist with a V hem.

So I don't set a time and just focus on the health and the overall look of it and some day I will eventually be at FTL when wavy (which is like knee length when stretched I suppose... so a long way to go.)

radiofreejenn
May 27th, 2015, 08:17 AM
I probably don't want my hair any longer than BSL or MBL. To me, that's a perfect length for me. I think realistically it will take several years to get there, but I know as long as my hair is growing I'm getting there! The wait is hard, but dreaming about it helps :)

TwilightShadow
May 27th, 2015, 09:56 AM
My minimal goal length is TBL. Right now I'm at hip and hoping to reach BCL by the end of the year and then TBL by the end of 2016; I want to trim quite a bit during this time, because my ends are very thin, so I think TBL is a realistic goal for December 2016. When I'm there, I'll probably try to grow it to classic length, just to see how it feels and if my hair still grows and looks decent. Beyond that, I don't know. I mean, I'm not sure how I'll feel when I can actually sit on my hair, if it inconveniences me too much.

Waiting is indeed quite hard, especially since my hair grows slowly and I want to trim rather often to get a better hemline, but on the other hand I want to reach a new goal length each year, so I can feel it is growing, lol. My hair still doesn't feel really long some days.

Fericera
May 27th, 2015, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure how long it will take me to reach my goal, since I don't like measuring and calculating and then disappointing myself with how long it might take. If I get one milestone per year, that would be about four years till classic, so not too bad.

As for the impatience aspect, I try to spend my focus on keeping my hair nice rather than fussing over how long it is. Someday the hair I have now will be (hopefully) classic length ends, and prone to lots of damage, so I'm doing damage prevention. I dislike trimming any more than necessary, so that's another reason to fuss over it and keep it in tip top shape. I've had long hair before, I'll have long hair again, and since I don't plan on going short again, I figure I should enjoy each stage as it happens. Someday when I've fallen sway to LHC-itis and am drowning in knee length tangles of hair I'll look back and wonder why I didn't appreciate hair that my arms were long enough to comb. :D

harpgal
May 27th, 2015, 01:08 PM
...and then by 30 I'm sure my looks will start going down hill by then

Haha! Thank you so much, Goddess! I haven't had such a fine laugh in a long time. (66 here, mid-calf length, no change in thickness)

All I can say, my dear is wait 'til you get past 30 before you make these kind of assumptions.

Oh and BTW, I enjoy my hair...even at this ancient age. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/Tasarwen/Smilies/LaughHard.gif

MagicalCurls
May 27th, 2015, 01:13 PM
I thought my hair grew ridiculously slowly, until I started taking proper care of it and realised I have the normal growth rate of a quarter to half an inch a month like everyone else does.

Goal Length - Waist / Terminal
How Long I expect that to take - Its about 24 inches from the top of my head to my waist. Approximately 4-8 years. So in about 6 years/2021/When I'm 22, I expect to be at waist length.

I have low hopes for my hair though, since afro hair is harder to grow than all the other types and I feel that my dream of a waist length afro will just remain a dream. Fingers crossed its not true, I'm putting in a lot of hours and work!
To make the wait easier, I set mini goals and feel good reaching them.
My current mini goal is to get the majority of my hair to my collar bone by January 2016. My shortest layer is just past my ear.
Fingers crossed!

Agnes Hannah
May 27th, 2015, 03:18 PM
I thought my hair grew ridiculously slowly, until I started taking proper care of it and realised I have the normal growth rate of a quarter to half an inch a month like everyone else does.

Goal Length - Waist / Terminal
How Long I expect that to take - Its about 24 inches from the top of my head to my waist. Approximately 4-8 years. So in about 6 years/2021/When I'm 22, I expect to be at waist length.

I have low hopes for my hair though, since afro hair is harder to grow than all the other types and I feel that my dream of a waist length afro will just remain a dream. Fingers crossed its not true, I'm putting in a lot of hours and work!
To make the wait easier, I set mini goals and feel good reaching them.
My current mini goal is to get the majority of my hair to my collar bone by January 2016. My shortest layer is just past my ear.
Fingers crossed!
Have you checked out the kinky4 thread? Lots there with your hair type. My hair is really baby fine and delicate, it needs lots of looking after, but I have grown it to hip. Don't be discouraged.

quirkybookworm
May 27th, 2015, 04:16 PM
My original goal was tailbone, but now it's term. I blame all the lovely people of LHC with gorgeous tailbone and beyond hair for that. :wink:
So, I don't know how long it will take me to get there because I don't know how long my terminal length is. If we're going by the 'total estimated number of hairs on the head divided by your estimated annual shedding x annual growth' method of calculation my terminal length should be somewhere around 63 inches, but it's almost impossible to get all of those factors 100% right. And, then you have to factor in trims, possible stalls, and heck knows what else. So, who knows. :shrug:

I deal with the wait by having mini-goals along the way. Waist, hip, tailbone, classic, etc. With every new length comes new styles. :lol:

longhairmomof7
May 27th, 2015, 04:25 PM
its so stressful when I see other girls with hair the length that I want mine, I get so jealous and pissed at myself for ever cutting off those 7 inches and getting layers :mad:

I TOTALLY feel the same way!!! Last may I got 8 inches cut off and an awful highlighting job... 1 year and 4 brutal trims later... I am still struggling. It will be next summer before I have my "dream" hair.. and it will be hard to enjoy it since it gets to be VERY hot and HUMID lol here in South Ga.

longhairmomof7
May 27th, 2015, 04:26 PM
I still have awful layers... it will be 2 good years before those are at goal :/

DweamGoiL
May 27th, 2015, 04:30 PM
I wanted to reach WL again and grew to HL. The longest it's ever been as an adult is TBL, but it was very heavy for me. I now maintain somewhere between MBL and HL.

elsieivy
May 27th, 2015, 05:57 PM
My goal is somewhere between tailbone and classic I think. I think I'm about 18 months away from tailbone and about 2 and 1/2 years away from classic. I really try not to focus on the length too much since there's only so much I can do to control that. I try to focus more on the condition and on learning new hair styles (if I'm thinking about my hair at all).

lillielil
September 14th, 2015, 08:12 PM
Old thread but I'm adding my $0.02 anyway.

My goal is classic or longer and all white. It is just about BSL and maybe 10% white (not sure... have to grow out the dye first) so maybe another 20 to 30 years? Ha!

DollyDagger
September 14th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Old tread but I'm adding my $0.02 anyway.

My goal is classic or longer and all white. It is just about BSL and maybe 10% white (not sure... have to grow out the dye first) so maybe another 20 to 30 years? Ha!

Classic all white..that sounds so magical! :magic: Oh you have not too much white like me..Im growing it out too..You should come join the salt and pepper thread if youre letting silvers/whites grow in :) http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=16951&page=1993

As far as the OP question..I guess the best way to deal with the wait is trying to enjoy the journey and learn all you can along the way.
I feel it's so far away and unreachable sometimes too ..you wish you could somehow speed it up or fast forward your way there :) but it aint a movie..so we just have to :chillpill: and stay :meditate: and let it happen

blue_eyes
September 14th, 2015, 08:34 PM
I'm on track to reach my goal length this Christmas, so only about 4 months to go, but I'm growing out dye and will take another 2 years to completely grow out if I keep my length at waist. Soooo...maybe August 2017 I'll have all waist length virgin hair. Feels so far, but I'm already 2 years in and it went by so quickly.

missrandie
September 14th, 2015, 09:06 PM
My final length will be reached in approximately 4-5 years, if I go all the way to TBL. I haven't totally decided if I will or not. I might just go to hip, or to BCL.

Nadine <3
September 14th, 2015, 09:11 PM
My goal is waist length and I'm at BSL right now. I hope to be at my goal by this time next year. As for the wait...I just try new DT's, new hairstyles... Have fun and enjoy growing!

sarah.j.xx
September 14th, 2015, 10:22 PM
I have very curly hair that is waist length when straightened/stretched, but I like to measure my hair curly and right now, the longest layers are BSL while the shortest layers are between shoulder length and APL. My goal length for now is waist length curly hair, which I am expecting to reach by 2017. :) My ultimate goal length, however, is classic while curly, which I will hopefully reach by the time I turn 21 (in year 2019)!

likelikepenny
December 4th, 2016, 11:15 AM
How much shrinkage do you currently experience? As a 4b/4c natural, my shrinkage is through the roof but I would like to grow to WL curly and possibly thigh length stretched.

catmashie
December 4th, 2016, 02:21 PM
I'm going to reach my first goal length (WL) in 2017, probably in June/July if everything goes as planned. My second & ultimate goal would be TBL with a thick and healthy hemline so I have no idea wgen I eill reach that.
I don't get really anxious waiting for my hair to grow since I try to enjoy my hair during every length. Every length has it's perks ;)

Hairkay
December 4th, 2016, 02:39 PM
I've got to waist length stretched. Plaited/braided it looks anywhere from BSL-MBL. I'd like it to look like waist in plaits. I'll see how that goes next year.

Lavendersugar
December 4th, 2016, 03:01 PM
I just reached waist and by my calculations I have until summer of 2018 before I reach Classic length.

I try not to think about it be grateful that I have healthy hair. No sense in worrying about something that I can't speed up.

Groovy Granny
December 4th, 2016, 03:06 PM
I am WL+ after cutting back from my goal of Hip last Summer (2013-2016 from chin).

Now I heading there for the 2nd time, and should reach it in just a few months.

My advice is to bling it up, enjoy each stage, and let it grow :cheer:

Growtivation
December 4th, 2016, 03:10 PM
I should reach my old length by December 2017, and my goal of waist length by December of 2018. I'm growing out bleach, so yeah I have a lot of worries about the condition of my hair, it being 2 different colors, and at least for now it still being shorter than I've had it since I was like 12 and not being able to do a lot of different styles and braids. But I have this dream of it being long and silky and feeling so pretty that way. Taking progress pictures and looking at other people's progress helps. In the mean time I just accept that it's not ideal right now, but it will be ideal one day if I don't give up.

Nique1202
December 4th, 2016, 03:16 PM
hah When I first posted in this thread in May of last year I thought I was only 15 months from classic. That wasn't long before my hair stopped growing for 4 months, and then slowed dramatically from my former growth rate. Just more evidence that you can never predict exactly what's going to happen, and you should be prepared to roll with the punches that might set you back. Now, I'll be lucky to reach classic by the end of next year.

Flipgirl24
December 4th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Who knows? I don't know how long I want it and I don't have a goal in terms of when. I just want long hair for as long as my age can take it. If I really start losing hair or texture then I will wear a wig.

swearnsue
December 4th, 2016, 04:31 PM
I've reached waist length and it has taken 5 years. My hair is growing about 4 to 5 inches a year. Like Flipgirl, I'm going to grow it as long as I can. If it gets too thin then I'll think of something. I don't have anxiety about when I reach terminal length, I enjoy being alive.

OhSuzi
December 4th, 2016, 05:00 PM
I'd say I needed 3 years of growing to get to waist length, already 4 months in so just 2 years 8 months to go. My how time flies! I just think in 3 years I'll have long hair saved up blah amount of money, can finally afford to look for nicer job, should be long enough time to lose weight at a comfortably slow rate. Just try to forget about your hair/ try to find things to look forward to. On bad awkward hair days/ weeks or ech it's not growing days I 1. ride it out 2. Moan on here 3. Think my hair is growing all the time. A bit like when I'm walking on a long journey home, just think each step is progress it may seem a long way, each step may seem tiny, but you will inevitably reach your destination in the end. 4. Look on internet for motivation, watch and re watch pixie grow out vids 5. If I'm having crap hair, either stick it up forget about and get distracted by stuff like work
or have nice long bath, treat my self to an indulgent hour gently drying and styling my hair with the hair dryer on low setting.

Mrstran
December 5th, 2016, 08:19 AM
MY goal is at hip length and I don't expect to reach it until 2020 (around October-ish)

To deal, I keep busy. I'm a mom so during the day I'm crazy busy. At night if I'm feeling ok, I play video games, crochet, and practice / learning tarot.

If I'm not well, I take a long hot soak and watch walking dead re-runs.

I miss Glenn *sniff* :(

eladriel
December 5th, 2016, 08:23 AM
My goal is waist and I think I should reach it in a year or a little less. Not trying to make very precise predictions because I don't want to get obsessive about it or be disappointed if it takes longer.

Shiranshoku
December 5th, 2016, 08:28 AM
I don't know, but I don't fret over it. I don't know my monthly growth rate, so I don't know what time I should theoretically reach classic.

My 'real' goal, being able to wrap my english braid around my head Timosjenko is what really makes me tick, lol. Not a week goes by where I don't wrap it around to see if I reach it.
My tail is there, but I can't tuck it neatly.

Seija
December 6th, 2016, 09:33 AM
I know I want it to be somewhere around waist, I guess I wont know until it's actually there.. Which I'm guessing will take quite a few years since I'm only at neck length :hmm: I wear wigs quite often to change things up a bit, I get bored very easily so that helps.

pili
December 6th, 2016, 11:30 AM
My goal is TBL dry and curly, so I'm looking at six more years, maybe a bit more. Cutting out damage this year set me back. I had originally aimed for TBL by age 45 (2020).

Doom
December 6th, 2016, 11:48 AM
Assuming a constant rate of growth and no trims, I'm expecting to reach classic in 2021. Keeping trims for a blunt hemline into account, I'd say 2022. About the boredom of the wait... well, what can I do against it, except not cut my hair?

MsPharaohMoan
December 6th, 2016, 11:49 AM
I've got one month at least to go until I hit classic. I've wanted classic for 3 years :) my advice is to learn new buns and braids, experiment with products and colors... Most importantly I found a different passion or hobby. Get into what you're doing in life! Distractions are awesome because all of a sudden you measure your hair and there's all this growth that snuck up on you!

triumphator!
December 6th, 2016, 11:54 AM
I will be in range by the end of 2017, I think.

Chocowalnut
December 8th, 2016, 02:33 AM
Probably around 4 years to get close to my ultimate goal

MegHan-Solo
December 8th, 2016, 03:25 AM
I hope to reach my mini goal, which is shoulder length, in February. In February I am moving to a new city, at shoulder length my hair will all go up nicely which means I can wear it up all the time and no one will ever know it is still short. I'm then hoping to reach APL by the time I finish my apprenticeship in August, I get summer growth spurts so hopefully this will help me along. I then plan to top up my qualifications to a full degree, which will take at least 4 years, and by the time I finish I hope to be at classic length. When I finish my degree DB will also have finished his masters, and around that time we'd be thinking of getting married. Classic length wedding hair is my dream! However, I might be a bit behind schedule though as I plan to trim out my damage as I go along, I might have to add 2 or 3 more years to end up with virgin hair that length but I will be satisfied once I can start doing fancy updos and will have much more patience. My sister has grown her hair from a short pixie to BSL in 4 years but her hair is super damaged.

Suze
December 8th, 2016, 04:03 AM
I don't now if my goal of WL is possible. I never had it longer tha BSL+. I am around BSL now again after my last big chop and will do the selftrimming method from now on. But to answer the question. I think hypothetically I can reach waist by the end of 2018. I have 21cm to go (a good 8 inches). But I have to cut out layers and damage first. I plan to cut 1cm every 6 weeks so I won't go that fast. My hair grows about an inch a month, I never kept track of that so I only know my growthrate from the last 2 months. So I think the end of 2018 is a goal I can work with.

LaísB
December 8th, 2016, 04:08 AM
I hope that I can reach my goal of MBL in the end of 2017, since I have a pretty, so MBL is at 64 cm and I am at 53cm, so I think I can do it.

Salty Sloth
December 8th, 2016, 04:11 AM
I think I'm about 2 or 3 more years away from my goal length at this point. I don't track my rate of growth, but I was waist a year ago, cut off several inches, and am past waist again, so 2-3 years is my rough estimate. I'm aiming for TBL, and maybe classic after that.

school of fish
December 8th, 2016, 05:01 AM
I reached my goal of tailbone within roughly 2 years of growing with microtrims (I started at hip) but I'm still waiting for thickness to travel to the hemline so although my goal length has been reached, I'm still waiting on my goal hemline. I'm estimating another year or so before the shortest layer makes its way to hip+, at which point I may chop back to even the hem at hip-ish and then decide if I'll reestablish the tailbone length - I won't know for sure what I want until I get there ;) I do know that the hip-to-tailbone range with a blunt hem is what I like best on me and where I plan to stay indefinitely :)

As for dealing during the wait - I take pleasure in the hair I have and pride in the successes that gave gotten me to this point. I enjoy my hair the way it is right this moment. Being on this board has made me keenly aware that there are many who've had difficulty reaching their goals and would dearly wish for what I have right now. I'm aware how relatively easily my goals have come to me and I try not to take that for granted. We never know what's coming in life, we never know when something we love may be taken away, so I try hard to love what I love while I have it the way I have it - in hair as in life ;)

If I were to lose all my hair tomorrow I would want to know I enjoyed it today, rather than look back and regret I not having appreciated it while I had it. That thought helps me keep my perspective through my growout :)

MidnightMoon
December 8th, 2016, 05:05 AM
Should be two years. Maybe 3... Im aiming for classic with decent ends and Im at hip

Arctic
December 8th, 2016, 05:20 AM
I don't really have length goals, but I think BSL is the longest I'd like to grow. If I would do minimal trimming (which to me means about 2-4 cm trimmed off per year), it would be about a year away still. I have been stuck at -/+ APL the whole of 2016 due to many things (trimming, stall, head position problems and then correcting it, making my hair appear visually shorter on my body...).

I don't get anxiety anymore about growing, but I can get bored. I try to change how my hair looks, and specifically how it looks from the front. This keeps me out of boredom. I don't care so much about knowing tens of buns if you always look the same from the front. Don't get me wrong I love different buns (although can't do many LHC style buns yet at my length) but the bun is only one part of a hairstyle to me.

I'm not really into hair accessories either, they just don't interest of excite me. Yes I like to have few functional and pretty pieces but they don't give me feeling of change. Sometimes I have used a temp. hair dye, but even that seems to have the component of "if I can't see it it doesn't do anything to my boredom". Case in point, a dyed nape area hair felt like nothing new to me.

Best tips would be to learn to care for your hair in a doable, minimal routine, learn few trusty hair styling basics and how to mix and match them to create enough looks to keep your mirror image looking interesting to you, and then... forget your hair and do other things. Hair won't grow faster when you are counting the minutes, and infact it will appear as growing faster when you forget about it.

Entangled
December 8th, 2016, 06:30 AM
April, I think, though I think I ma spend some time there micro trimming to improve my hemline.

Bea18
December 8th, 2016, 09:10 AM
I hope to reach my actual midback goal by the end of this month, and my waist goal by may next year or a bit before.

vampyyri
December 8th, 2016, 09:57 AM
My goal is classic, and I should hit that by September of next year if my hair growth chart is correct... hoping I don't hit terminal along the way.
Once I get there... I suppose I would start trimming the ends a bit. Not even sure if CL is my ultimate goal (FTL looks tempting too), it's just my next one :p

Zebra Fish
December 8th, 2016, 03:49 PM
I'm having some problems of gaining length (did a thread, not to repeat myself). I really do hope it is not terminal as it is just bsl-mbl :( I had longer hair before, so I hope it is sth else. I really dunno how to react if this is terminal... I wasn't going for some super length, but at least a nice hemline at waist would love to.

NimbleNut
December 8th, 2016, 06:51 PM
I really want at least BSL, maybe slightly longer. I'm really not sure at this point. I just know I want it to be longer. Regardless, I'm guessing it will probably take at least a year. I just have to make sure I don't get bored or frustrated with it and cut it off! I've almost always regretted cutting it.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
December 9th, 2016, 12:31 AM
My mini goals:

Waist curly .... January 2018
Hip curly .... January 2019
And keep growing

Reyn127
December 9th, 2016, 12:55 AM
What I'm aiming for is classic length, which I'm pretty certain I'll reach in about two years or so, maybe less by a few months. It's only about 10 inches away, which doesn't sound like too much more to grow, but who knows if my hair will even get that long. I just figure that two more years won't be so bad when I've already been growing my hair for 6 years now, and it's gone by pretty quickly and easily so far. I think that putting it up and continuing to forget about it will help me through it even more.

Salwety
December 9th, 2016, 01:46 AM
My mini goal is waist length straight by the end of 2017.
My final goal is waist length curly which might be by the end of 2020. I don't know if I can reach this goal anyway, as in terms of stretched hair it might be beyond classic, and I have never been beyond waist length straight before. So we will wait and see. My hair is in a bun most of the days. And it's condition has improved dramatically through the last year, where I kept trimming it, and maintaining at shoulder length. Now is where I start to focus on the length.

Totty
December 9th, 2016, 08:28 AM
I estimate a year or six.... 8 years after birth of daughter. I hope the postpartum shed of my son will be gone by then. It's almost tailbone, only 5 cm left but I want my braid to me thicker

Bea18
December 9th, 2016, 12:33 PM
I hope to reach my actual midback goal by the end of this month, and my waist goal by may next year or a bit before.

I had a trim today, that got me a bit before BSL, so I hope to get back to my previous lenght (almost midback) by january. Actual midback by june (or a bit before) and waist by the end of the year, or a couple months before.

dancedance
December 9th, 2016, 03:04 PM
My goal is virgin waist. That's 3 or 3 1/2 years away. But I think my ultimate goal is TBL. If my hair doesn't start breaking, TBL would be about 2 years after reaching waist, so 5-6 years. I'm not impatient, I like my hair at most lengths, and I'm past the ones I dislike. I'm more dedicated to having healthy hair, and more excited about updos, than length itself. In fact, if not for updos, I wouldn't grow it out long because it would be too impractical. Plus hair that's left down is usually boring to me unless it's an edgy, short cut. But buns and braids are so pretty and practical, I'm really looking forward to being able to do more of them. Currently I'm super excited about being able to do a french twist.

Also, long hair speaks to me as a symbol of self-love, since it takes care and dedication. But a big part of self-love is accepting your body and appearance as is. When self-love is driving me to grow and care for my hair in the first place, it's easy to be happy with it most of the time regardless of length or even damage (not that I never get frustrated, haha). Basically, the process of growing it and taking care of it and learning new things about my hair satisfies me as much as reaching my goal would, because I'm doing this for more than the length itself.

Bea18
December 9th, 2016, 05:49 PM
I'll most likely reach my first goal (midback) by July 2017, but my ultimate goal (waist) I'll probably get by the end of 2017, a lot of time to wait, but that I'm sure it'll pay off in the end.

Decoy24601
December 9th, 2016, 05:52 PM
I should be at my goal length with no layers by the end of next year, which will be somewhere around the middle of my thighs, provided that I don't have any growth stalls.

see_turtle
December 9th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Two years with two 1" trims. Currently Hip/35" and goal is Classic/45". Will be trimming 1" on 1/1/18 and 1/1/19.

Dark40
December 13th, 2016, 02:33 PM
I expect to reach my final goal by 2020(floor length). With my trims every 6 months, and using my deep conditioning treatments, and my protein treatments.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 13th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Next year, 2016. Likely the end of next year because I am doing micro trims to thicken up my thin ends, thin from a stress shed early in 2013. It doesn't seem so long to wait, now, time is passing so fast. And I can enjoy other things in the meantime, like enjoying my natural colour and healthy hair showing through more and more (I am transitioning to my natural hair colour).

Hoping to reach Classic next year :)

Well, I reached Classic this year (2016) and have decided to grow on to knee. All going well I should reach knee sometime in 2018. The way time is flying by it won't take long, at all. In the meantime I enjoy my hair the way it is and enjoy pampering it, being gentle with it and looking after it the best way I know how. I hope I can reach knee.

The trick to dealing with the anxiety/impatience is to have PATIENCE and get busy concentrating on other things in the meantime, like life, and living and keeping oneself healthy as can be managed. And to enjoy the journey of hair growing along the way. Enjoy the journey as well as the destination. :)

This :) Relax and enjoy your hair growing journey.

Kiiruna
December 13th, 2016, 05:30 PM
I should reach my first goal in December 2017 - then my hair will (hopefully) be at waist. I probably continue on, though, but I'm not sure if I'm going to maintain at waist first to get rid of the damage. I'm not in hurry, though :)

Cg
December 14th, 2016, 08:33 AM
No way of knowing what my final length will be so I can't predict a time duration. Lots, though. It's been nearly knee a few times before and wasn't terminal.

Ultimately I'd like to see how long it will grow healthy with a blunt cut (always I keep this). I'm past waist now, so a couple of body markers before the 3-year slog from classic to knee (caricature-long femurs, so an eon).

hanne jensen
December 14th, 2016, 10:12 AM
My goal is as long as it will get. When my hemline starts to thin I'll stop growing as I like a thick blunt hemline. How long a time this is, who knows? I'm enjoying the hair I have as I grow. I pamper my hair, put it up and enjoy life. It will get as long as it gets. Time will tell.

Forever
December 14th, 2016, 11:02 AM
My goal is as long as it will get.
Mine, too. I will probably get there in 2017. Not because my hair is so long now, but because my terminal length is so short.

Did the test 20 years ago, let it grow from buzz cut without any trims. Growth finally stopped at about tail bone length, as far as I can remember. I didn't measure then (didn't know how), but I will now.

animetor7
December 14th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Another growing to terminal here with no idea how long that will be or how long it will take. In a way switching my goal to terminal has made me much less anxious about how long my hair is taking to grow to a certain milestone. There's a sort of peace to the mentality of just letting it grow as long as it will rather than having a specific goal in mind. There's not really anything to count down to or calculate in terms of how long it will take you to reach your goal, so the whole journey (for me at least) becomes calmer and more meditative. :)

RavenRose
December 14th, 2016, 08:57 PM
My goal is TBL virgin and wavy. I have almost 14 inches to grow, and should reach it some time in 2019 since I do trim and still have a few inches of damage to cut out along the way. Once I get there I will probably maintain for a bit, and maybe grow longer, but I am not sure. Not really in a hurry though, and am enjoying each length as it goes by.

EbonyCurls
December 15th, 2016, 04:58 AM
I don't know how long my hair will take to reach my goal of hip length/tailbone fairy ends, curly (I'm currently there, stretched), or if it will. At waist length, I have the longest hair documented or known of on either side of my family. I had a stall for a few years, where I thought I'd reached terminal, however since I began regularly washing, oiling, and brushing my hair, and doing micro trims, my hair has gained so much length. It apparently was growing, just not retaining.

I deal with the wait by focusing on growing the healthiest hair. I cannot believe how much it has grown, especially after I thought I would never get past mid back, so I am happy even if it doesn't grow any further, provided I can get the ends thickened up a bit more with the trims and end care.

I don't want to grow it any longer if it means thin ends, so I will be trimming as I go. With the trimming, assuming it continues to grow at current speed, I would expect to reach goal by end of next year.

school of fish
December 15th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Wow EbonyCurls, your avatar pic, wow! Beautiful!!

EbonyCurls
December 15th, 2016, 06:34 AM
Awe thank you school of fish! I have to give the special effects credit to Snapchat LOL. And look who is talking. Those long wavy curls you have are enviable.

school of fish
December 15th, 2016, 06:52 AM
Awe thank you school of fish! I have to give the special effects credit to Snapchat LOL. And look who is talking. Those long wavy curls you have are enviable.

Those long wavy curls are courtesy of bendy rollers, haha!! My natural texture is the one you see in my siggy ;)

I've come to not just accept but really love my natural texture, but truth told I always wished I was born with the curls you have ;)

school of fish
December 15th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Oops - double post!!!

Coral Grimes
December 15th, 2016, 08:24 AM
I have no idea how long it will take me but my goal is just to have long hair. I would love to get to waist (if my hair can even grow that long) but probably no longer than that. Although I always said in the past that I would never grow my hair past chin length so who knows!

inpatient
December 16th, 2016, 01:48 PM
My goal is to have it at BSL, about 10 inches longer.

So If it grows half an inch every month that's 20 months = 1 year and 8 months

Aaand that would be August 2018. That's soo much time T_T

Bat
February 26th, 2022, 04:59 PM
I expect to reach mid thigh in an alternate reality z

foreveryours
February 26th, 2022, 05:42 PM
Tomorrow :p

ArienEllariel
February 26th, 2022, 06:42 PM
Classic length on me would need to be around 43-45" (measuring the LHC way from hairline in the front, over the back, and down to whatever body marker) I don't remember the exact measurement right off, just knew it's roughly double of where I'm at now. If I measured from nape of the neck it's more like 2.5-3x my current length. If hair grows roughly 6 in. a year, assuming I didn't trim at all, it would mean growing for 3.5 years. Knowing I'll trim at least some and that my hair doesn't grow particularly fast, let's assume more like 4-5 years if all goes well. Could be longer.

Edit: I just realized this said final goal length. I really want to grow it to knee or possibly longer. I'm only a little taller than 5' but that could well take 8-10 years.

Joyful Mystery
February 26th, 2022, 07:19 PM
Average growth rate with no trims… I’m looking at June 2027.

thatsideoflife
February 26th, 2022, 07:19 PM
My next goal length is waist and I expect to be there by the end of the year, barring any unforseen setbacks. I think it's best to break up big goals into smaller goals. I will probably want to go on to classic, and definitely at least tailbone at some point. But thinking about it takes way too much future tripping. That's why I think the mini-milestones are so important. I watched a movie about a mountaineer who survived a certain-death situation (Touching the Void) by crawling for miles on his stomach with broken bones, all by saying to himself, "I can probably make it to that rock in the next 20 minutes." Not to say that growing hair is like surviving a near-death experience... But the point is to stay in the moment, never give up, keep on keeping on, and celebrate yourself for everything you've done so far.

Kerrtu-Kevät
February 26th, 2022, 07:35 PM
14" until classic on me so 2 years and some months depending on several factors? Trying not to worry about it though and look forward to being hip by my birthday in August and then tailbone next year :)

Bri-Chan
February 26th, 2022, 11:44 PM
I'm 4-5 inches far from CL. I will trim something for sure before reaching it (I'm cutting out damage) so I'll probably be there in summer 2023.

ETA: I don't deal with the wait. I mean, growing your hair very long take time, and you know it from the very beginning. And that's literally nothing you can do but wait.

lapis_lazuli
February 26th, 2022, 11:52 PM
My length goal is Floor, and I think now I'm about 4" away. So, if I do everything right, I could be there dry by the end of the year. I'm more anxious to be there when wet, for the milestone and to learn how to deal with that, and so hopefully that happens sometime this year as well.

My ultimate goal though is for all virgin Floor length, which won't happen for a while. I have at least a foot of very old bleach highlights at the ends (no discernible demarcation line to tell for sure how much). So, it would take another 2+ years after the point that I reach Floor to grow out all this past damage ...maybe sometime in 2025. And now I kind of which I didn't just do the math :p I would be 10 years on LHC by then!

How to deal with the wait... lots of buns, completely forgetting I even have hair or goals, doing other things. There were several years I wasn't happy with it at all (awkward lengths and damaged ends), so I just didn't engage with it or LHC that much. Made those years pass a lot easier until now when I truly enjoy it again.

As for the ends, I avoid scrutinizing them too much. It's my choice to keep them for all this time, so I accept them as they are and just enjoy the extra length (and continue to be amazed they hold on over 10 years later). I'm looking forward to maintaining; even after I've reached my goal length, there'll still be more to strive for.

Corvana
February 27th, 2022, 01:19 AM
May or June? If everything grows average, at least. And I tend to either make little plans for the henna I'm going to try or think about bangs and whether or not I want them (and if so, what kind). And if I'm not thinking about it at all (most times), then I'm just vibing with my hair in a bun and doing whatever else. I can't wait to reach my goal, but since I also need to grow out quite a bit of damage and shedding from illness, it'll still be like I haven't quite gotten there yet anyway :laugh:

sipnsun
February 27th, 2022, 04:13 AM
I should reach TBL early next year if I don't have another 7 month stall this year (last year was rough). I may continue on to classic, not sure yet but if I do I'll have to add at least another 12 months to that timeline which puts me at spring 2024.

The wait doesn't bother me, I just try to enjoy each step of the process! I love reaching milestones and trying new dos and products. Mostly I just leave it up and don't think about it much though.

cinamio
February 27th, 2022, 08:02 AM
I should reach 50 inches (almost mtl) in 4 years. I predicted my monthly growth until 2026, and kept in mind the winter growth lull I often experience. I honestly think these next few years will go by quickly since I’ll be so busy.

alewyn
February 27th, 2022, 10:59 AM
I've actually just changed my goal length to even longer than it was, so I have a further date to look to, lol. I'm thinking it will take a bit less than three years to reach my new goal of classic (on me, about 40 inches) at my current growth rate of pretty much exactly average (6" year) with two .5" trims annually. My original goal was BCL (35" on me), which I should probably reach by Christmas of 2023 at the latest. I'm mostly dealing with the wait by looking forward to my next milestone, which will be WL around December of this year. Plus, there are some perks to having hair that isn't super long yet--it's easier to wear it down without getting it snagged in everything, my waves are more defined, braiding it takes less time, detangling it takes less time... I'm trying to enjoy each stage as it comes.

MoonLady
February 27th, 2022, 07:08 PM
My goal is only waist, so I do expect to reach it probably the end of this year or beginning of next. I trim regularly (and grow maybe 8 inches or just under that a year), so my 3 year goal (starting APL last jan) was about 6 inches and one milestone per year, plus a year to grow out layers and thicken up my hemline! My hair is a little past BSL right now

kikuhoshi
February 28th, 2022, 10:39 AM
I've dealt with a few year stall (stress/poor diet/poor mental health/poor hair care) and recently started growing again now that I'm in a better situation. I'm shooting for my next goal of FTL within a year, with the understanding that I may never hit my UGL (floor). Fingers crossed!

Coffee90
March 2nd, 2022, 12:52 PM
I always felt it would be by the end of the year for the past ten years but now I really feel like it :).

Lesley8
March 2nd, 2022, 03:20 PM
Hopefully I'll reach mid thigh towards the end of this year, I only have 5 inches to go.

Hellebore
March 3rd, 2022, 03:54 PM
I'm thinking I'll reach my length goal in about five years. I've had a lot of setbacks, and right now the longest hairs are reaching the small of my back when stretched. I waffle between classic and thigh as my ultimate goal, but we'll see what happens when I get to CL. If I get there.

Dark40
March 3rd, 2022, 09:35 PM
I really hope to be at my final goal within about 3-5 years from now. Hopefully, that will either be in 2025 or 2027. Right now, I'm just enjoying the journey of growing my hair very long, beautiful, and healthy! And, wearing it in lots of different hair styles and undos.

illicitlizard
March 4th, 2022, 07:37 PM
About 2 more years, I sort of don't care at this point, when it happens it happens. I'm in a place where I like my hair at this length so anything extra is just a bonus. I don't have any anxiety around it, I'm just excited to see how the growout goes!

Pouncequick
March 4th, 2022, 08:12 PM
I've technically surpassed my goal length but I'm growing to mid thigh by Yuletide if I can make it. At this point I'm mostly growing to reach a more stable and comfortable coronet. I'll probably get to a "stable" point soon. I think I'll ultimately try to grow to knee. Once I hit a point where it's burdensome I'll cut back to the last length I enjoyed. I guess probably in the next 2-5 years depending on how much I pause for thickening the hemline. I have really enjoyed classic the most of any length so far. I'm curious if I'll continue to enjoy it as it gets longer or if the "too long" tipping point is coming soon for me.

I deal with the wait by not worrying. My hair is already very long and significantly past most awkward stages for me. Right now it basically grows without me noticing. I realized that even with braid waves I'm noticeably past classic the other day. Still about 2-3 inches from fingertip and 4 or so from mid-thigh. I'll reach that around the end of the year or early next year. When it happens it happens.

memeow
March 5th, 2022, 01:36 PM
I have a whole range of different goals and am not really sure how long I want my hair. My immediate goal is to get solidly past waist. I’m pretty sure that’s going to happen in just a few more months, so it’s not hard to wait.

Then I do wonder what my hair would be like longer, like tailbone or classic. And I have the feeling that if I grew to classic I’d want to get to fingertip length too, because I find that such a beautiful length on other people. But these desires are tempered by knowing that my hair is thin and delicate and already has a lot of damage at the ends. Once I hit my initial “long” goal (probably somewhere around waist or hip) I think I’m going to put more energy into figuring out what hemline I want, what styles work well, and seeing how much I can get the hemline to thicken up. Which might mean letting growth take a backseat for a year or two, but that’s okay. I want to be in this for the long haul, and that means I need to find the balance between growth and maintenance so that my hair actually looks good to me.

Abacus
March 6th, 2022, 08:05 PM
It's so many years...anywhere between 8 and 10 years, because I really don't know how my hair will behave and how much length I can expect to retain when it's longer. I want mid thigh length.
When I think of where my life was 8-10 years ago, it feels like a wild amount of time that I will be waiting. Will the world even still be around? Will I even live that long, with the way things are going? I don't really know how to deal with waiting.

Glitch
March 6th, 2022, 08:12 PM
I honestly thought that reaching hip length would take me at least until the end of the summer, but a decent chunk of racers has already made it there. However, I want all of my hair to reach there and with all the S&D that I do, it'll probably take a year, at minimum. After that, I honestly can't wait to just maintain it and live my life without thinking much about my hair. I'm already pretty happy with my length so far, so it can only get more lit from here on! :beerchug:

memeow
March 6th, 2022, 09:03 PM
It's so many years...anywhere between 8 and 10 years, because I really don't know how my hair will behave and how much length I can expect to retain when it's longer. I want mid thigh length.
When I think of where my life was 8-10 years ago, it feels like a wild amount of time that I will be waiting. Will the world even still be around? Will I even live that long, with the way things are going? I don't really know how to deal with waiting.

I think this kind of calculation is why I consistently set my length goal to “just past the next milestone” and then see how things are! I can’t imagine staring at a 10 year wait for anything, it seems like I’ll be a different person by then and who knows what I’ll even want. More power to you for taking on those big goals!

Abacus
March 7th, 2022, 04:48 PM
I think this kind of calculation is why I consistently set my length goal to “just past the next milestone” and then see how things are! I can’t imagine staring at a 10 year wait for anything, it seems like I’ll be a different person by then and who knows what I’ll even want. More power to you for taking on those big goals!

Oh yeah for sure haha. I don't know if I could actually face down 10 entire years without breaking things into smaller parts. The next goal length is APL, and I think I'll get there within a year. And that length will open up so many worlds for me - ponytails, buns, braids, updos. So looking forward to the next milestone is definitely helpful.

zhivago
March 8th, 2022, 05:14 AM
I think it should be around autumn 2023 if things go to plan and it grows past waist and doesn't dramatically slow down. I'd be 19 then. At the moment, it's growing on-schedule and is reasonably quick. It might stretch to 2024 though depending on how often/much I trim the ends to thicken them once I'm past waist.

knobbly
March 8th, 2022, 11:10 AM
I’ll be at my first goal by the end of the year for sure. I was impatient when my hair was between waist and BCL but now I’m just enjoying the ride. It really feels like it’s long these days and I’m loving all the neat things I can do with it just as much as the fact that I can “set it and forget it” for a few days and when I come back to it it’s fine and not a mess.

Trip
March 8th, 2022, 11:12 AM
Probably another 2-5 years depending on how much trimming I have to do on the way

SelenVinland
March 9th, 2022, 09:17 AM
Likely not for another 2-3 years, maybe more depending on how quickly (or not) my hair grows. I’m aiming for classic and have never had hair that long before so no experience to compare it to!

bionicpaws
March 30th, 2022, 08:58 AM
Probably somewhere at the end of 2025... since I am also growing out some layers....
Maybe 2024 for the longest part, and the bulk of my hair, though :D!!
I always wear my hair in two braids so I am not too bothered by the layers... Just the thickness of my braids is a bit of a shame... hahah

bionicpaws
March 30th, 2022, 09:00 AM
OH and how I deal with the anxiety of waiting.... browsing the LHC forum ofc.... andjust taking care of my hair everyday and simply just working on my hobbies and stuff... besides school...

momof3mary
March 30th, 2022, 04:23 PM
My tentative goal is bsl, I might reach it in about 2 and 1/2 years if I can get past my love for chin length bobs, which I'm still not at length wise. After bsl I may try to get to waist. I really just need to stay away from scissors.

Lady Stardust
March 30th, 2022, 04:24 PM
I don’t, really. I have vague goals I would like to visit, to see how my hair looks, but I don’t know what length it will end up. Probably not very much longer than it is now. I think MBL would be a flattering length for me, and would feel long enough.

Apart from length goals, my other goal is to grow out henna and that will take a year or two. The ends feel fine and I’m not worried about the colour difference now. There is a difference in texture, and if that starts to bother me, or if the ends feel weird, I’ll cut out the rest of the henna to bring that goal forwards.

I’m not anxious about reaching goals. I am a bit anxious that my hair has thinned due to health reasons, and it could continue to thin. I’ll see how that goes though and will choose a length accordingly.

Kriegerin
April 16th, 2022, 03:11 PM
I would like to have reached waist length in about a year or 1.5 years.

_Melly_
April 16th, 2022, 10:20 PM
Maybe 3+ years?

Snack
April 17th, 2022, 11:12 AM
I think I'll probably technically hit tailbone at the end of this year or the beginning of next. Right now, I want to stay there for a bit to trim off the worst of my split ends and wait for the hem to start thickening up. Once I've been there for maybe six months or a year and my ends are hopefully looking a bit better, I'd really like to see if it's possible for my hair to grow any longer. It never has before, but I think it might if I'm more careful about breakage.

I think the best way I've found to avoid anxiety about hitting goals is enjoying my hair as it is by trying new products and styles and only checking in on the growth every few months. Since hair grows so slowly, it really feels like nothing's happening if I'm paying too much attention, but it's really nice to notice new growth when I put it up in a style I haven't used in a while and find out I have to make adjustments because it's gotten longer.

baanoo
April 17th, 2022, 07:00 PM
If I didn't trim at all, I think I'd be there in about a year or two. My hair is long enough now that it feels long, so I'm fine with letting it do its thing - that sense of impatience to get to the next milestone has completely faded away.