PDA

View Full Version : Biggish chop (pics)

diddiedaisy
May 2nd, 2015, 01:18 PM
Well I've finally got sick of my thin shed ends and chopped them off. I had just reached top of bsl and since starting to grow my hair in December 2013 I had cut off 5 inches, but those darned ends seemed endless. My hair stopped falling out last February after nearly a year of heavy shedding, so I don't suppose you can expect miracles I just decided to start growing my hair at the wrong time.

But today I thought whats the point in having long hair if you can't enjoy it or show it off now and again. So I chopped off 8cm and am back to apl, which is where I was last July!!!!

anyway here are the pics, I'm all pouffy in the second one as my hairs been up all day but you can still see a big difference. I just hope the thickness stays and I can just grow it and enjoy doing so without feeling depressed every time I look at it.

http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/163D7DDD-B576-4998-9214-6CDFACA55F64_zps16vahijf.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/163D7DDD-B576-4998-9214-6CDFACA55F64_zps16vahijf.jpg.html)http://i1373.photobucket.com/albums/ag361/sblackburn4/Mobile%20Uploads/5C0BA2F4-F9F6-49EB-844C-B4F6F26D8345_zpsefj7gfgy.jpg (http://s1373.photobucket.com/user/sblackburn4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/5C0BA2F4-F9F6-49EB-844C-B4F6F26D8345_zpsefj7gfgy.jpg.html)

Arctic
May 2nd, 2015, 01:22 PM
I think your hair looks great now, so much thicker and healthier and with movement! You did the right decision (IMHO), and the growing out will be much more pleasant from now on, I'm sure! Happy growing!!

cat11
May 2nd, 2015, 02:28 PM
I think your hair looks great now, so much thicker and healthier and with movement! You did the right decision (IMHO), and the growing out will be much more pleasant from now on, I'm sure! Happy growing!!

Agreed!! Looks good.

cocoahair
May 2nd, 2015, 02:30 PM
it looks great and much healthier:flower:

diddiedaisy
May 2nd, 2015, 02:34 PM
Thankyou. It does feel loads better, I just hope that when I wash it and my puffy bun hair is gone I have cut it in a straight line :) I am looking forward to growing without moaning!!!

lapushka
May 2nd, 2015, 02:50 PM
I'm still sad about the loss of length though. I'm sure those ends would have thickened up nicely with microtrimming. But you made the choice to big-chop, and it is nice, don't get me wrong. It's nice and thick all around. Maybe it will be easier for you to grow out. Happy growing! :)

diddiedaisy
May 2nd, 2015, 03:16 PM
I'm still sad about the loss of length though. I'm sure those ends would have thickened up nicely with microtrimming. But you made the choice to big-chop, and it is nice, don't get me wrong. It's nice and thick all around. Maybe it will be easier for you to grow out. Happy growing! :)

I'll probably be sad in the morning too :) It was getting me down though, especially when you see everyones lovely hair on here you feel like you have the worst hair in the world. I would very rarely wear it down due to the thinness, although in its natural wavy state it did hide a lot of the thinness, but those thin ends didn't seem able to hold any wave for some reason. So it would be wavy until apl then quite straightish. I just hope that the thickness travels down and doesn't thin out again....not that I'm paranoid hehe If it does then I've just got crap hair!!!!

gwenalyn
May 2nd, 2015, 03:28 PM
It looks much better! It's a shame to have that blonde without being able to wear it down, IMHO. Enjoy it!

teddygirl
May 2nd, 2015, 04:35 PM
Stunning! :D

Deborah
May 2nd, 2015, 07:27 PM
It looks so much better! Excellent choice.

yahirwaO.o
May 2nd, 2015, 07:37 PM
Yes it looks much better and if make a combination of growing with a tiny micro trim every now and then, your hair will be long, nice and full ;)

spidermom
May 2nd, 2015, 09:39 PM
Good result. The only way I know to grow long hair with thick-ish ends is to do regular small trims. I find it a lot less traumatic to lose 1/2 inch every 3-4 months than 3 or 4 inches all at once. Otherwise your fastest-growing hairs will race ahead and make for thin ends.

Lightbulb7Seven
May 3rd, 2015, 01:47 AM
I think your hair looks great! I think the majority of hair loving women would have done the same, no shame! Love your hair!

Crystawni
May 3rd, 2015, 02:03 AM
That must feel amazing--it certainly looks it! Such a cool result from a bit of a snip. Now you're set to grow on to longer lengths and have fun with it!

momschicklets
May 3rd, 2015, 07:30 AM
I absolutely, hands-down think you did the right thing! I know it was probably hard and took some courage, but it looks great and in the long run I think you'll be happy you went ahead and did it. Looks really, really nice!

Carolyn
May 3rd, 2015, 08:24 AM
I think your hair looks so nice now. You can grow on with minimal trims and gentle hair care. You can rock a peacock twist and a cute bouncy pony right now. Enjoy! FWIW I would have made the same decision.

diddiedaisy
May 3rd, 2015, 10:19 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I washed it today and without the bun puffiness its not quite as dramatic and big lol but I am happy with it. I am getting a sick of trying to reach full bsl though, but fingers crossed it should just be a straight road to it now with the the odd maintenance trim :)

diddiedaisy
May 3rd, 2015, 10:24 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I washed it today and without the bun puffiness its not quite as dramatic and big lol but I am happy with it. I am getting a sick of trying to reach full bsl though, but fingers crossed it should just be a straight road to it now with the the odd maintenance trim :)

lapushka
May 3rd, 2015, 10:30 AM

Before you reached this length, didn't you have those thinner ends at shorter lengths? I seem to remember that... That means it can grow out thicker, right?

diddiedaisy
May 3rd, 2015, 01:51 PM
Before you reached this length, didn't you have those thinner ends at shorter lengths? I seem to remember that... That means it can grow out thicker, right?

Yes, as soon as my hair was cbl they showed up so I cut back to shoulder last January (2014), but as my hair only stopped falling out in the February I've been fighting a losing battle since then. I did get a load of new hair and my circumference has from 2" to 2.25", which isn't a great deal but on thin hair it makes a big difference. When I examined my hair this morning my nape hair is still 2 inches shorter than my overall length but it is growing in length. I don't remember having this problem when I was younger at bsl but I'm 45 now so I worry hormones might influence things. But it is thicker at this length than it was last year, so yes that's a good sign that the thickness will travel down. As a natural blonde, now bottle blonde, my hair is never going to be thick, I just don't want to see my skin through it or lose it when wearing a light coloured top!!!

renia22
May 3rd, 2015, 01:57 PM
I think it looks great, much more even and thicker looking, and I honestly don't think it looks like that huge of a chop? It looks to me like a couple of inches, and still long enough to put up? Anyways, I like it!