PDA

View Full Version : Maid Marian's Nautilus bun tutorial

UrbanEast
October 2nd, 2008, 05:06 PM
I'm went to the archives to find the tutorial for my very favorite style, Maid Marian's Soft Nautilus. But alas, the photos were gone! All that was left were squares saying that the Photobucket pictures weren't available.

Does anyone know where Maid Marian is? Or did anyone save that particular tutorial? I'd really, really love to see those photos again as I've been out of practice.

Thanks in advance!

Hypnotica
October 2nd, 2008, 09:04 PM
I have done an instructional video on how to do a Nautilus bun:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=hypnotica&emb=1&aq=f#q=hypnotica%20nautilus&emb=1

Tami86
October 3rd, 2008, 01:27 AM
Wow. That looks gorgeous! Can't wait for my hair tobe long enough to experiment wit styles. I need to grow out my layers too :(

soleluna
October 3rd, 2008, 01:55 AM
Thank you for the video! I didn't know this type of bun before. And BTW, love your hair color! how did you get it? henna?

Hypnotica
October 3rd, 2008, 02:12 AM
Thank you for the video! I didn't know this type of bun before. And BTW, love your hair color! how did you get it? henna?

Henna with a dash of Special Effects.

soleluna
October 3rd, 2008, 02:13 AM
what's Special Effects?

and what color are you strating from? thanks :)

Hypnotica
October 3rd, 2008, 03:53 AM
what's Special Effects?

and what color are you strating from? thanks :)

A vegetabile hair dye.

Honsetly - No idea. Haven't seen virgin hair in about 10 years. Probably some kindd of darker blonde.

UrbanEast
October 3rd, 2008, 02:07 PM
Hypnotica-

Thanks, that video is really helpful.

soleluna
October 3rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
Thank you!!

Tabitha
October 3rd, 2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks for that video - I've never been able to do one before! I had to keep pausing it ... and have bookmarked it so that I can keep watching it until the technique becomes second nature.

One reason I like that bun is that I have a couple of 2-prong forks with about 4.5" total length that are now too small to hold a cinnabun. This bun looks like a great way of being able to keep on using sticks or forks that have otherwise been "outgrown".