PDA

View Full Version : Stick Whoops

Natalia
April 30th, 2015, 02:40 AM
I seriously feel like a dolt. I left some acrylic hairsticks in a vase apparently to close to a window and now i have warped sticks :(. Anyone got a hack for that? I tried laying them flat on the sill and using a blow fryer no luck. The curve isnt horrible but they really arent comfortable to wear in the car or anytime i lean against something. It would be nice to be able to fix them if i can

mz_butterfly
April 30th, 2015, 03:45 AM
Do you mean the sun hit them and warmed them up and they lost their shape/bent?

If that's the case, maybe you could put them in an oven (very low temp like 250/300) , toaster oven or a microwave and let them get warm enough so you can shape them?

lunasea
April 30th, 2015, 06:03 PM
Maybe boiling water BUT I'd be scared to try it.

truepeacenik
April 30th, 2015, 09:36 PM
Crockett mountain heats to twist. So there must be a good temp.
I think 200-250 degrees and a quick tug on the sticks using gloves might do the trick.
Or, twist your own, while you are at it.

Natalia
May 1st, 2015, 02:57 AM
Do you mean the sun hit them and warmed them up and they lost their shape/bent?

If that's the case, maybe you could put them in an oven (very low temp like 250/300) , toaster oven or a microwave and let them get warm enough so you can shape them?

Yup i feel like such a dope :rolleyes: thank you

Maybe boiling water BUT I'd be scared to try it.

Good idea i like that a bit better than the oven since i can put on my cheese gloves and work with them in the hot water

Crockett mountain heats to twist. So there must be a good temp.
I think 200-250 degrees and a quick tug on the sticks using gloves might do the trick.
Or, twist your own, while you are at it.

Thank you ll im not that brave yet i might try it i get around to using the acrylic blanks i bought

magda
May 1st, 2015, 04:31 AM
I would ask the manufacturer of the sticks whether there is an hack known.
Else just go slowly with high temperatures to try to bend them back. (first 150F, then try to bend, then 175 F and so on)
I had to think twice because of the "low temperatures like 250/300" until I realised that it is F (logicall for an US forum) and not °C (our ovend go just to 250°C max) ;)