PDA

View Full Version : I know most of you don't go to a salon.....but if you did.....

Merlin
April 28th, 2015, 11:54 AM
....wouldn't you want to go to this one!
http://www.dezeen.com/2015/04/28/re-edit-hair-salon-sides-core-mirrors-suspended-cables-osaka-japan/

It's just such a fantastic minimalist space...

lapushka
April 28th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Lots of curtains, just a mirror, and an odd chair... nope. Give me a regular salon, anytime! But maybe that's just me. :)

Arwenlily
April 28th, 2015, 12:08 PM
Nah, not for me.

StellaKatherine
April 28th, 2015, 12:21 PM
Interesting idea. And I know there are people who will like it. But I personally love to look at things around.... too white for me, I need colors to feel comfortable :)

LadyLorien
April 28th, 2015, 12:42 PM
I feel like it would be so incredibly quiet to the point that I would feel too uncomfortable to say anything and disrupt the silence.

lapushka
April 28th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Yes, I need to see actual accessories (hairdryers, their work trolleys), and see people (hairdressers) do things. That's what makes me comfortable.

Nadine <3
April 28th, 2015, 01:02 PM
Hm, to be honest I think I would be a little creeped out and bored with nothing to look at. I like all the stuff at the salon I used to go to...candles, paintings, magazines, shelves of hair products and nail polishes and whatnot. I like the atmosphere of a busy salon.

lapushka
April 28th, 2015, 01:04 PM
I like the atmosphere of a busy salon.

Yep, that's exactly it! :D

Wavelength
April 28th, 2015, 01:10 PM
It's a little -too- minimalist for me. All I can think of is if one of those cables gives way, or pulls out of the ceiling, then a heavy mirror is going to go crashing right through a window and probably seriously injure whoever's sitting in front of it.

Not very likely to happen, I know. But my mind would be going back and forth between that scenario, and being bored because there's not much else to look at.

Also, those chairs don't have any way to adjust the height, which is pretty odd. I would think a hairstylist would want some way to adjust the height as they're working.

Arctic
April 28th, 2015, 01:14 PM
I liked it :) Very serene!

*ReiKa*
April 28th, 2015, 01:17 PM
It doesn't appeal me either.
I like a busy salon too, the more people in there getting their hair done the better. And the faster the hairdressers the better too, I wanna get out of the salon ASAP. I don't like slow hairdressers (of course, I don't want them to snap through my tangles, but that doesn't happen anyway cos in the salon I go to they use Tangle Teezers).
I know most people don't, but I actually like loud music in a salon. I don't go there to relax, I go there to just get my hair cut, and although my hairdresser is a very nice girl I don't appreciate too much conversation.

missblueeyes
April 28th, 2015, 01:17 PM
I actually think it's really cool! Regular salons give me anxiety and I'm used to getting my hair cut at home, in very similar circumstances. I'd love to give it a go! Not sure how well an Asian hairdresser would do on my European hair, though. I hope this doesn't come across in a wrong way.

starfire
April 28th, 2015, 01:23 PM
I love it!
I wish for a more clean, bare look for my own home (currently way too much clutter) so that look is really appealing to me.

dellad
April 28th, 2015, 01:24 PM
I like it too. It's clean, simple, and minimalist, which is exactly the aesthetic I want for my hair.

Larki
April 28th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Yeah, not my thing either. It looks just thrown together with no effort.

yahirwaO.o
April 28th, 2015, 02:11 PM
I love it!!!!... I dont like crowed salons, watching-smelling chemicals all over (hair dyes, nail polishes and whatever else), gossip nonsense, chessy awful music LOL

This the atmosphere that would go nice with my hair being cut and done... but still this doesnt appel in first view as a proper hair place (looks more ASMR thing), maybe the service is a whole different experience.

yahirwaO.o
April 28th, 2015, 02:12 PM
I like it too. It's clean, simple, and minimalist, which is exactly the aesthetic I want for my hair.

I like how the white dog avatar goes along with your salon description! LOL

dellad
April 28th, 2015, 02:25 PM
I like how the white dog avatar goes along with your salon description! LOL

Thanks. :-) That's my dog and I love her so much. She's basically me in animal form. We have the same personality. Plus, she has fabulous hair. :-)

Natalina
April 28th, 2015, 02:25 PM
I like it, to be honest! It's neat, minimalistic, and even customizable. If they add in some relaxing music, that would be perfect.

I'm not a big fan of being around people, loud noises, clutters .etc. This is why I'm often the earliest person to go to a salon or anywhere for that matter. I'm sick of having to wake up early just so I could enjoy going out without people around everywhere, so a place like this would mean I could get my hair done without forcing myself to wake up super early in the weekends. :p I hope something like this catches up over here!

butterflybutton
April 28th, 2015, 03:09 PM
That's a beautiful salon! A perfect atmosphere for relaxing and having your hair pampered.

cat11
April 28th, 2015, 03:22 PM
I think it looks boring and sparse :(

Wusel
April 28th, 2015, 03:34 PM
I just don't get it... sorry... Why? Is this special?

Lauraes
April 28th, 2015, 05:37 PM
I love it, but that's probably because I have social anxiety and the less hectic of an environment, the better. :)

Stellaaa
April 28th, 2015, 05:56 PM
i don't do salons in general and this one is no exception. I kinda hate it. My favourite salon was in the proprietor's basement. Warm and homey and stuffed with the clutter of life ... Paintings and knick knacks and pictures of her cat ... Comfortable.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 28th, 2015, 06:00 PM
It makes me think of sitting having my hair done in the middle of a furniture removal zone.... :( where they would be rushing you out the door so they can remove the last of the furniture, and you are in their way.

jeanniet
April 28th, 2015, 08:07 PM
I like the chairs, but they don't look too comfy for having your hair cut. Other than that, I love the minimalist idea. Have it be a zen experience, why not? I always have too many things going on, so it would be nice to have a restful experience. I just watch my stylist in the mirror anyway. Her technique is so interesting, and it's a super small salon. A lot of the time we're the only ones there. It's not very minimalist, though, just small.

Quixii
April 28th, 2015, 10:05 PM
It looks like a great set for a horror movie scene. :hatchet:

divinedobbie
April 28th, 2015, 10:14 PM
It makes me think of sitting having my hair done in the middle of a furniture removal zone.... :( where they would be rushing you out the door so they can remove the last of the furniture, and you are in their way.

I have to agree with this. ^^

I wouldn't like this salon at all. I get uncomfortable and tense just looking at it. I can imagine awkwardly sitting a quiet, white, empty room as if I'm in an interrogation.

YvetteVarie
April 29th, 2015, 01:11 AM
I like it. i think it makes the most of a small space, and they have to keep it CLEAN!!! If a salon that looks like this opened in my city, I would go visit it

Rosetta
April 29th, 2015, 01:23 AM
It looks like a great set for a horror movie scene. :hatchet:
This ;)

It's just too minimalistic and white for me. It's more than ten years since I've set foot in a salon, but if I did, I'd prefer one with cosyness and candles (which someone mentioned above) :)