PDA

View Full Version : The science of The Inversion method

mzlbcmami
April 28th, 2015, 11:22 AM
I really liked this video and how she explained it. I have tried this method before and it did work for me. Has anyone else had success with it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjqmZkiyL6o

Blue Mermaid
April 28th, 2015, 12:21 PM
I've tried it and did have some results but they weren't substantial enough to want to do it every single month. But I might if I get desperate

shola-faye
April 28th, 2015, 12:25 PM
I tried it as close to instruction as possible but it didn't work for me. Interesting video though :)

Princess_Anna
April 28th, 2015, 12:44 PM
I tried it a couple of times, but I then had to wash my hair daily as it just looked incredibly greasy after all the oil. Also I started getting really dizzy after inverting towards the end of the week, so I reckoned it wouldn't be that smart to keep on going :(. I didn't get that many results, but I have a friend who's been inverting regularly for a while, and she says it helps.

kitcatsmeow
April 28th, 2015, 01:06 PM
I have success as long as I'm consistent. Trying to get to BSL ASAP after my chop so starting this today!

mzlbcmami
April 28th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Cool! I plan on starting it as well. What oil(s) will you be using? :)

cat11
April 28th, 2015, 02:39 PM
I'm starting this too, today is my first day! I have it written in the calender and everything so I don't forget this time. All the other times i forgot to be consistent. I know a lot of people do this without the oil since it makes their hair greasy... I was thinking of doing it with argan oil, though, and just usingmy home made dry shampoo to combat the greasies/dealing with it or just washing twice a week that week (I only wash my hair once a week usually, and it doesnt get greasy) i cant imagine oiling my scalp every day for 7 days and not having it get greasy though.

I think I will also use a very light amount of oil... some people say that it absorbs if you use only a bit

Natalina
April 28th, 2015, 02:47 PM
I've done it a couple of times every few months (I keep forgetting to do it continuously, lol), but never really measured them precisely (because measuring curly/wavy hair is complicated). I admit that I do see and feel some sudden growth though. There is a slight amount of growth I felt when I washed my hair after doing the inversion method compared to the week before. I can also see and feel new baby hairs growing on my scalp almost immediately as well.

I don't tend to use oils, because I don't think that's it's necessary. If it's time to deep-condition, then I'll add oil when doing the inversion method. What matters is how well you position yourself when doing the inversion method, and massaging your scalp IMO. The more you can stimulate your scalp, the better.

Unfortunately though, this method doesn't work for everyone, as no one thing really does. And everyone's growth rate is going to vary. So if you haven't tried it and wanted to, go ahead and give it a go! You wouldn't know it works for you until you've tried it yourself. :o

missrandie
April 28th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Whether it's just me, the time of year, or doing what I would call a "dry" inversion method (no oil), I have had an average of 1/4 inch per week over the last month. So I'm going to keep it up! I have used a little peppermint EO with it too... feels so good!

mzlbcmami
April 28th, 2015, 04:19 PM
Whether it's just me, the time of year, or doing what I would call a "dry" inversion method (no oil), I have had an average of 1/4 inch per week over the last month. So I'm going to keep it up! I have used a little peppermint EO with it too... feels so good!

Oh that sounds relaxing ^_^

kitcatsmeow
April 29th, 2015, 06:14 AM
I'm using just a small amount of Rosemary hair oil. It absorbs well and I love using EO's. The day before I wash I will probably use a cayenne blend. It smells like citronella so I have to wash it out before leaving the house. I'll probably start suing castor oil as well and the green house effect since I feel this gives me a groth spurt as well.

aurorae
April 29th, 2015, 06:38 AM
I have done this and did notice a 1/2 inch growth rate in my bang area even though it grows the slowest.i'll measure the 4 sides of my hair for the next one.
Also i dont think an oil bath is needed,just a bit of oil on the scalp will do.i use castor and coconut oil.

missrandie
April 29th, 2015, 06:43 AM
Oh that sounds relaxing ^_^

It is! Sort of like having a mini spa moment every day for a week :D
It's also going to help me cope with the furnace that is San Antonio in summer. At least my scalp will feel cool!

laceyfairy
April 29th, 2015, 07:02 AM
The scientific part seemed a little less scientific than I would like. Blood is very good at providing 'nutrients' to the head. Inverting may increase blood flow for a time but people rarely have insufficient blood circulation to the head (think about how much a superficial wound on the head bleeds). That said, I enjoyed the video and thanks for sharing!

YvetteVarie
April 29th, 2015, 07:11 AM
I have done it and I have received close to an inch with the last 2 cycles I have done. The major thing is consistency and I think a very long scalp massage. If I keep it up I may get to BSL/MBL by the end of this year

kitcatsmeow
April 29th, 2015, 08:43 AM
Could we make this thread an accountability thread for inversions? I started yesterday so I have 6 more days to go :)

mzlbcmami
April 29th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Could we make this thread an accountability thread for inversions? I started yesterday so I have 6 more days to go :)

Wooooh good for you! Keep us updated! ^_^

mzlbcmami
April 29th, 2015, 12:01 PM

Wooooh good for you! Keep us updated! ^_^

mzlbcmami
April 29th, 2015, 12:02 PM
I have done it and I have received close to an inch with the last 2 cycles I have done. The major thing is consistency and I think a very long scalp massage. If I keep it up I may get to BSL/MBL by the end of this year

Wow that's awesome. Were you using your castor oil?

Rapunzel_to_be
April 29th, 2015, 01:39 PM
I've tried it twice, two months that is, and I did not notice any extra growth to be honest, but I 'm still going to continue doing it hoping I will get some results, I will be starting on my third cycle of inversion tomorrow, fingers crossed for results!! :) And I use different oils btw ( olive oil, castor oil, coconut oil, argan etc)

cat11
April 29th, 2015, 03:46 PM
I definately need accountability. I forgot to do it yesterday. AGAIN. I am so bad at at carrying this out...

edit: did todays massage! Lol.

kitcatsmeow
April 30th, 2015, 06:23 AM
Did day 2 for me yesterday! I just colored my roots too so it should be easy to tell if there is any new growth.

YvetteVarie
April 30th, 2015, 06:31 AM
Wow that's awesome. Were you using your castor oil?

I have rotated oils a lot so far. I started with coconut oil, then switched to MN, this month I used castor oil.

Crumpet
April 30th, 2015, 07:27 AM
It sounds like massage is the only important part of the inversion method -- I'm happy to try to put a bit more effort into scalp massages. They feel wonderful and I buy the idea that they work.

Thanks for posting the video. She's great!

TaraDanina
January 25th, 2016, 12:02 PM
I'm trying this again! I did about...four days, I believe, in early December, but then my hair just got too greasy and I started feeling dizzy during the inversions.

I used a lot less oil this time: mostly olive oil with a dot of castor oil, with rosemary, peppermint and tea tree essential oils and a little garlic infused olive oil (not enough to change the smell much).
I'm hoping that by focusing on my canopy and barely massaging the crown of my hair (I think this is the right terminology) I will be able to avoid getting too greasy.
But I'm wondering- would it be okay to do a drop of very diluted shampoo with white vinegar daily after? My hair is so fine and it gets weighed down so easily!

lapis_lazuli
January 25th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Interesting video! I do this just about everyday [without the oil] (I'm superstitious that if I don't, my hair will fall out/not grow :?).
Thanks for sharing!

PristineAllure
January 25th, 2016, 01:51 PM
I tried this a year and a half ago. But I will admit I didn't follow the instructions exactly as they were stated, and I gave up like a few days in because I started getting a dizzy feeling/ headaches. I didn't see any results from it, though my experience should probably be negated, considering the fact that I didn't properly complete the task.

AutobotsAttack
January 25th, 2016, 02:42 PM
I get like an inch or so if I do it in broken segments, not once every month, more like once every two months, but I have to use an oil with it. But I get more results with just using biotin everyday and exercise and drinking water

Lady Menelwen
January 25th, 2016, 09:36 PM
I never heard of using oil, or maybe I just over looked that step. I tried this a few times, but would always get lightheaded and then just forget to keep at it. But (like others) I prefer taking my gummy vitamins, and trying to stay hydrated. Trying to do too much drains me.

khryz
January 25th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Wow thanks for reviving this thread! I'm pretty desperate to speed up my hair growth so I think I'm going to try this out. Anyone else wants to join in for accountability?

vpatt
January 26th, 2016, 07:26 AM
I have tried this before.......I am not good at measuring so my results were this: during the few months I did this I seemed to have decent growth.....not sure how much. During the past few months that I have not done it I have had less growth. Is that from inversion or just my natural growth cycle? Who knows?

I like the inversion and massage, the oil not so much. But I have read from at least one trusted source that castor oil does help hair growth. That source is Wellness Mama if anyone is interested.

I have read that to do this all the time will not work, I question that. Why would the body get used to something that is good for it and then that thing would become not beneficial. It could be true, but for me that makes no sense. Our bodies use vitamins and they don't stop working, lol. I am just not sure that an upside down massage everyday would not help. But some people don't see any added growth and I don't know if I really did or not. I guess to be more scientific I should reverse the seasons for massage this year to see my results. But I have a feeling I will forget to be that organized. I'm very interested in seeing other results.

But it feels good and if you enjoy it then why not? I have to say that I hope it works for us.

NagChampa
January 26th, 2016, 11:28 AM
I also came across this 'inversion method' after finding ways of growing longer hair quickly on YT. I will be completely honest in saying that I held no faith within this idea nor did I believe it would work for me but as stubborn as I am it did actually work! It was so freaky considering the minimal growth I see within my monthly length check photos but I took a photo and a measure every day for a week whilst I practised the method and I saw so much growth it was visible from just viewing the photos. I do not have these anymore as it was years since I done this method but anyone else who asks me about this method I tell them my story and to give it a go. If I can remember correctly I oiled my roots lightly every night for a week with a deep scalp massage and then for 5 minutes I sat on a chair with my head past my knees. Once my timer went off I then put myself back upright (very slowly....) and then went to sleep. I done this every night for 7 days and I believe I gained over an inch of growth which is crazy. I mean this when I say it but anyone who is sceptical just give it a go! I am very very critical with most things like these but until I tried it I now have complete respect for this method! I'm aiming for some more growth and so I might practice this method again sometime soon and post my photos! Remember though ladies only do this method once a month!! That information is vital or else you could hurt yourself.

khryz
January 27th, 2016, 09:41 AM
I have tried this before.......I am not good at measuring so my results were this: during the few months I did this I seemed to have decent growth.....not sure how much. During the past few months that I have not done it I have had less growth. Is that from inversion or just my natural growth cycle? Who knows?

I like the inversion and massage, the oil not so much. But I have read from at least one trusted source that castor oil does help hair growth. That source is Wellness Mama if anyone is interested.

I have read that to do this all the time will not work, I question that. Why would the body get used to something that is good for it and then that thing would become not beneficial. It could be true, but for me that makes no sense. Our bodies use vitamins and they don't stop working, lol. I am just not sure that an upside down massage everyday would not help. But some people don't see any added growth and I don't know if I really did or not. I guess to be more scientific I should reverse the seasons for massage this year to see my results. But I have a feeling I will forget to be that organized. I'm very interested in seeing other results.

But it feels good and if you enjoy it then why not? I have to say that I hope it works for us.

Yes I've read that castor oil helps in hair growth too! I believe that it's the inversion that should not be done on a daily basis, rather than the scalp massage. The idea of doing the massage for 30 minutes everyday instead of just 7 days, sounds hard to stay committed to. Perhaps a daily 5 minute scalp massage seems more doable as a relaxation technique.

I'm on Day 2 right now, and I hope I have some significant results to report by the end of the week. So, we'll see :)

vpatt
January 27th, 2016, 10:37 AM
Oh, please let us know!

I was thinking if I washed 8 times per month I could massage before washing instead of 7 days in a row. I know that is a day off, but would be easier for me to remember.

khryz
January 27th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Oh, please let us know!

I was thinking if I washed 8 times per month I could massage before washing instead of 7 days in a row. I know that is a day off, but would be easier for me to remember.

That might work! Even if you don't get significant hair growth, and I hope you do, at least you'd have benefitted from a relaxing massage before washing :p

And yes, I shall be back with results! :cheer:

TaraDanina
January 29th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Oh my god. The skin around my hairline does not like this experiment one bit.

vpatt
January 29th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Oh my god. The skin around my hairline does not like this experiment one bit.

Maybe you are massaging more aggressively than you need to. Or if you are using oil maybe it is one your skin doesn't like. I am not sure, but I hope it stops.

TaraDanina
January 29th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Maybe you are massaging more aggressively than you need to. Or if you are using oil maybe it is one your skin doesn't like. I am not sure, but I hope it stops.

I'm not massaging too hard, and I have even been avoiding massaging around my hair line. I break out there easily though... I use the same oil blend I always use for scalp massages. I'm on day 4 and I don't think I can finish the week. I have sensitive skin but it doesn't ever get acne- but I feel like I will have like full blown problem skin if I finish the week.

vpatt
January 29th, 2016, 06:34 PM
I'm not massaging too hard, and I have even been avoiding massaging around my hair line. I break out there easily though... I use the same oil blend I always use for scalp massages. I'm on day 4 and I don't think I can finish the week. I have sensitive skin but it doesn't ever get acne- but I feel like I will have like full blown problem skin if I finish the week.

That's a shame, but I agree with you.....if it feels damaging I would stop.

khryz
January 29th, 2016, 10:56 PM

Aaaw I'm sorry it isn't working out. Well, maybe you could just do the inversion without the massage. I wonder if it'll work too.

khryz
February 1st, 2016, 06:26 PM
Reporting back with results! Length-wise I don't notice any significant difference. I measured about 0.5 inch growth, which may or may not be true. My pictures don't seem to provide a very good comparison either. Now on to how I feel. My headaches seem to have subsided, and it feels like my hair has gone thicker. The shortest layer of my concave bob is catching up and I almost have an even hemline now.

Did it work? Maybe. Will share my month 2 results again!

parkmikii
February 1st, 2016, 11:54 PM
Going to try the inversion method too this month :D

TaraDanina
February 2nd, 2016, 08:48 AM
Aaaw I'm sorry it isn't working out. Well, maybe you could just do the inversion without the massage. I wonder if it'll work too.
Yes, maybe! Maybe next month I will try again. I like the massage but quite a bit, maybe u can just omit the oil.
It's odd because my skin actually likes oil a lot. I was surprised it reacted so strongly!

purpleelephant
February 3rd, 2016, 08:28 PM
This may be a stupid question, but I'm curious/pondering. If I practice yoga, and there are several inversion poses (not held for 4minutes, but which, combined, equal out to somewhere between 5-10mins) and massage my scalp before and after, could I be doing something to a similar effect?

bunneh.
February 4th, 2016, 08:15 AM
I was doing the inversion method diligently last year and I got 0.6 inches of growth in November and December when I did this method every time before washing my hair for a couple of minutes (once a week). In January I got lazy and only did it once in whole month and I only got 0.4 inches of growth, so I'm going to do it weekly again in February to see if I get more than 0.4 inches of growth but I'm convinced it works.

khryz
February 5th, 2016, 05:33 AM
This may be a stupid question, but I'm curious/pondering. If I practice yoga, and there are several inversion poses (not held for 4minutes, but which, combined, equal out to somewhere between 5-10mins) and massage my scalp before and after, could I be doing something to a similar effect?

My guess is that it'll actually help. Yoga itself is a form of exercise which encourages effective blood circulation around the body. :)

I was doing the inversion method diligently last year and I got 0.6 inches of growth in November and December when I did this method every time before washing my hair for a couple of minutes (once a week). In January I got lazy and only did it once in whole month and I only got 0.4 inches of growth, so I'm going to do it weekly again in February to see if I get more than 0.4 inches of growth but I'm convinced it works.

Do come back and share your progress with us! I could use some motivation

llamacat
February 5th, 2016, 07:29 AM
Honestly I did it for 2 days and I thought my hair grew 4 cm??
I was surprised by my result and perhaps it was only a measurement error??

I flipped my head over and message my scalp without oil, for about 30 minutes a day.

Right now I'm just feeling so stupid to say that I had 4 cm of growth in just 2 days... My reason tell me that this cannot happen anyway....

Ethelpea
February 5th, 2016, 09:30 AM
I got 3/4 inch growth on my bangs in a bit over 3.5 weeks. I can't measure the rest of my hair because I got a haircut a few weeks after I started - didn't cut the bangs though. I massage while inverting with either castor or jojoba.

FallingDarkness
February 7th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Hey so does this work without oil? I'm desperate for growth but using oils every night sounds like a pain!

llamacat
February 8th, 2016, 01:44 AM
I measured again today and it seemed that the growth I gained last tim was almost completely due to a measurement error.
So sad

vpatt
February 8th, 2016, 03:56 AM
I measured again today and it seemed that the growth I gained last tim was almost completely due to a measurement error.
So sad

I have trouble measuring accurately. I think there are several of us that do. One of these days when my daughter is here I may get her to measure for me. At least she understands my obsession, lol.

Dutchy43
February 8th, 2016, 05:56 AM
Can't hurt to try. I love the massages and have to do that anyway as I do SO. If anything spectaculair will happen, I'll report it!

FallingDarkness
February 9th, 2016, 01:06 AM
Count me in. Monday was day 1. I used olive oil. Not really measuring growth due to lack of a tape measurer here but if I find one I will most certainly let you know, because I measured my length yesterday!

khryz
February 15th, 2016, 06:43 PM
Count me in. Monday was day 1. I used olive oil. Not really measuring growth due to lack of a tape measurer here but if I find one I will most certainly let you know, because I measured my length yesterday!

How did it go?

TheGray
February 15th, 2016, 08:52 PM
Is it just the head being upside down that contributes to the increased growth, or does the oil have something to do with it as well? I did the inversion method in november for 7 days, and only used oil 1 of the days. My hair grew 1/4 inch that week (as opposed to my normal 1/2 inch in four weeks). I thought those results were pretty good, but am wondering if also using oil would make a difference

vpatt
February 16th, 2016, 06:46 AM
Is it just the head being upside down that contributes to the increased growth, or does the oil have something to do with it as well? I did the inversion method in november for 7 days, and only used oil 1 of the days. My hair grew 1/4 inch that week (as opposed to my normal 1/2 inch in four weeks). I thought those results were pretty good, but am wondering if also using oil would make a difference

Castor oil is supposed to stimulate hair growth. It is very thick and most people would want to mix it with a thinner oil for easier application.

bunneh.
March 7th, 2016, 02:25 PM

I did inversion method weekly before washing my hair the same way I used to in November and December and I got 0.6 inches of growth in February. So... Definitely worth trying. :)

khryz
March 7th, 2016, 04:04 PM
I did inversion method weekly before washing my hair the same way I used to in November and December and I got 0.6 inches of growth in February. So... Definitely worth trying. :)

Oh that's good! I didn't do it last month because I got lazy. Definitely worth a try because it's just so relaxing. I give myself a scalp massage every now and then. Going to start doing another week's worth of the inversion method and will be back with results!

Silverbleed
March 8th, 2016, 06:13 AM
I already did a scalp massages before stepping under the shower to make it easier to clean my scalp, so this is easy to apply to my routine c: I wonder if it works, it would be a dream!

Silverbleed
March 16th, 2016, 07:04 AM
I just received my peppermint oil! I was really waiting for it, especially after reading some articles in the Hair Science thread.

Anyone still doing this? c:

bunneh.
March 16th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Yes, every time before washing hair (once a week), with castor, olive, peppermint, tea tree mixture, as usual. :)

Agabeth
June 13th, 2018, 08:28 AM
I'm doing this for the first time this month. I'm on day three.

Ardyn
June 13th, 2018, 02:29 PM
🤔 hmm I’ve done this twice over the last two months but I think I might have been doing it wrong. I’ve been like, inverting my head by sitting on the edge of the bed and just arching forward between my knees, and doing a scalp massage whilst inverted. Maybe I should try it the way this video shows with the massage and inversion separate?

Jas
June 13th, 2018, 02:56 PM
Wait, it's supposed to be separate? I've been doing the same thing as you, ardyn xD I haven't measured before though, I just thought I'd try it and see if anything is noticeable. I'm on day 5..

I haven't been using oil - it's painful enough massaging first and second day hair when it's freshest as I think it's making it look greasier!

I might retry this next month, I'll have an accurate measurement then.

Hasse
June 13th, 2018, 03:03 PM
I'm going to do this again, starting today. Previous times I slacked after what.. day one or so? XD So this time I'm setting daily reminders.

Agabeth
June 18th, 2018, 11:15 AM
So, my first month of doing the inversion method was a total bust. I did the five minute inverted massage rather than the ten minute massage and then four minutes of inversion, so I'll be trying that next month. This month, though, I measured no growth whatsoever :(

Ardyn
June 18th, 2018, 03:49 PM
If I remember rightly, you won’t see the results all at once immediately after the week of massages. It happens more as a part of your monthly growth.

NikitaJane
June 19th, 2018, 04:32 AM
This might be a silly question, but surely massaging warm oil into your scalp for 10 mins every day will make your hair greasy and then you'd need to wash each day? then wouldn't you just risk extra damage from more frequent washing?

MusicalSpoons
June 19th, 2018, 06:35 AM
This might be a silly question, but surely massaging warm oil into your scalp for 10 mins every day will make your hair greasy and then you'd need to wash each day? then wouldn't you just risk extra damage from more frequent washing?

I guess some people's hair can handle it - I've seen others mention elsewhere that either the oil is absorbed or that they actually need extra oil because their scalp produces very little.

Personally, just touching my scalp makes it produce more sebum, let alone massaging! (Though I usually do a scalp massage a few hours before washing, when the extra sebum doesn't matter.)

Trip
June 19th, 2018, 09:49 AM
I did this twice previously with no oil just the scalp stimulation portion and it worked the same. Ive tried to do it multiple other times but always miss a day

Agabeth
June 20th, 2018, 07:39 AM
If I remember rightly, you won’t see the results all at once immediately after the week of massages. It happens more as a part of your monthly growth.

Oh, good. I measured three times and was so disappointed that I almost cried (which might also be partly because I'm sick and I'm always more emotional when I don't feel well) so I'll definitely keep tracking my growth this whole month to see if I can see more evident results in the long term.

Ardyn
June 20th, 2018, 01:31 PM
I haven't measured mine, but I'm coming to the end of Month 2 (so I've inverted for two weeks) and I can honestly say my hair is growing fairly well. I'd estimate around 0.5-0.75 inches every 4 weeks or so, which is average to above average iirc.

Even if it isn't impacting the growth, the coconut oil is good for my hair! :P

daisy rei
June 20th, 2018, 05:08 PM
So, my first month of doing the inversion method was a total bust. I did the five minute inverted massage rather than the ten minute massage and then four minutes of inversion, so I'll be trying that next month. This month, though, I measured no growth whatsoever :(

You said five days ago that it was your third day using the inversion method.....I think expecting a significant growth after eight days is slightly unreasonable?

Agabeth
June 20th, 2018, 06:40 PM
I was certainly not expecting the much advertised 1 inch in 1 week, as that sounded totally unrealistic, but I had heard enough personal testimonies of a quarter to a half inch difference in one week that I was hoping for... something, but I measured 33 7/8 in. both before and after. So, while I was never expecting a huge difference, I had fully expected to reach 34 in.

daisy rei
June 20th, 2018, 06:47 PM
I was certainly not expecting the much advertised 1 inch in 1 week, as that sounded totally unrealistic, but I had heard enough personal testimonies of a quarter to a half inch difference in one week that I was hoping for... something, but I measured 33 7/8 in. both before and after. So, while I was never expecting a huge difference, I had fully expected to reach 34 in.

I would just give it another twenty days, at least! I know that seems like a long time, but at least you'd have a better impression of the results.

For instance, I desperately want to measure my hair now, because the last time I checked it I somehow measured a full inch off. But I'm waiting at least ten more days until it's officially been a month so I can take a picture for more concrete proof. :rolling:

Agabeth
June 21st, 2018, 04:27 AM
Absolutely! I had a misunderstanding about how it was supposed to work, and Ardyn said the same thing, so I'll be checking again at the end of the month and posting my updated results.

Beverly
November 17th, 2018, 09:55 AM
Has anyone been doing the inversion lately for hair growth? I want to do mine without oil. It seems people have success without the oil too.

I was reading back through all the posts. Which way seems to work best? Massage then hang? Massage while hanging?
Position of hang? Sit in chair and go between knees, lay on bed on stomach and lean towards the floor, lay on bed on back and hang off towards floor?

Beverly
November 18th, 2018, 11:33 AM
Has anyone been doing the inversion lately for hair growth? I want to do mine without oil. It seems people have success without the oil too.

I was reading back through all the posts. Which way seems to work best? Massage then hang? Massage while hanging?
Position of hang? Sit in chair and go between knees, lay on bed on stomach and lean towards the floor, lay on bed on back and hang off towards floor?

Anybody doing or have done this?