View Full Version : henna for skin

mzlbcmami
April 27th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Is there a premixed genna paste already in a tube that IS natural & safe? I read a lot about how most of them contain chemicals. Tryig to skip the making it myself and packing it myself as well.

Anje
April 27th, 2015, 11:15 AM
I'm kinda skeptical of those, and the way they apparently last indefinitely. That said, at least some suppliers (Hennasooq that I know of) will premix it for you and express-ship it -- that's going to be completely safe, but it still has a short lifespan, on the order of a week at most.

Personally, I'd do skin with the powder I get now. Probably mix it up with a bit of lemon (I'm under the impression that acid helps it stick to skin a bit) and some sugar or honey to help the texture, and dye release it to death. Maybe add a bit of a monoterpene oil like lavender essential oil for good measure. :) That's worked great when I've done little doodles on my skin just because. It ought to work for proper henna artwork too.

Zwaluw
April 28th, 2015, 02:48 AM
I henna my hair with a friend of mine and she always doodles smileys on her body with her fingers, with the same henna we put on our hair (I add coconut milk and honey). It's probably not as lasting as BAQ henna mixed for putting on your skin, but the stains from where I spilled on my shoulder are still there after a week.

truepeacenik
April 30th, 2015, 10:47 AM
I picked up tubes for demos at parties with no issues. And I react to a lot, topically.
Made my own sugar/citrus juice crust to seal it on until they got home/the next morning.

Some labeling is a bunch of Latin that really means some plant or plant oil. Deconstruct the labels.

eta
have you tried using frozen paste? That might save multiple mixing.