PDA

View Full Version : My first year at LHC!

Blue Mermaid
April 26th, 2015, 01:03 PM
I was not super active for the most part but I did learn about henna, shampoo bars, how to use hair sticks, and my most recent beloved; Ficcares!

When I first joined my hair was not even shoulder length and was in bad shape from over a year of bleaching every month. I joined to learn more about Henna, to save both my scalp from bad chemical reactions and to save the condition of my hair.

This is is what I started with.... April 26, 2014

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll275/Darkshadow5156/f39d9ebb-28ff-409b-bc9a-9c28b9f7112c.jpg (http://s290.photobucket.com/user/Darkshadow5156/media/f39d9ebb-28ff-409b-bc9a-9c28b9f7112c.jpg.html)

after my first henna, may 2014

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll275/Darkshadow5156/henna.jpg (http://s290.photobucket.com/user/Darkshadow5156/media/henna.jpg.html)

Somewhere in the middle, you can see the bleach damage growing out. It was heinous. I think this was August 2014 :shudder:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll275/Darkshadow5156/Mobile%20Uploads/image_1.jpg (http://s290.photobucket.com/user/Darkshadow5156/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_1.jpg.html)
and today! It's finally at a point where I can start asking, can I call this APL yet??? There is still a few odd bleached ends in there. At this point I am not too worried. Eventually the hair will shed or they will get S&D'd out. My hands are where my waist is, which is my current goal.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll275/Darkshadow5156/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg (http://s290.photobucket.com/user/Darkshadow5156/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg.html)

I've enjoyed meeting you all and watching your individual hair journey's. I was feeling bad about my hair a few weeks ago and considered another cut but thankfully you lovely ladies talked me out of it. I just need to get past this akward length. I was thinking to myself that I really didn't gain a whole lot of length for a whole year of growing but seeing Nightshade's hair anniversary gave me some encouragement to keep going as her hair is absolutely thud worthy.

I mostly did benign neglect, very little heat styling, just wash and wear with argan oil for a leave in, put it up and forget it, trimming a half inch to an inch every few months.

also sorry if the pictures come out weird/huge I am on my phone and therefore can't easily tell if there is a problem.

Zesty
April 26th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Congrats! It's looking so much better already, you've come a long way in a year!

BrightEyes
April 26th, 2015, 01:31 PM
Your hair is beautiful, and it grew a lot! I love the color and waves. Congrats :D

cocoahair
April 26th, 2015, 01:44 PM
Congrats! your hair is quite beautiful. Heres to another wonderful year of growth:cheer:

Pinni
April 26th, 2015, 01:45 PM
Congrats! :o Your hair looks very healthy and thick.

Daylilly
April 26th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Your hair looks beautiful, what amazing improvement and growth in just one year! I think you can call it APL.

Blue Mermaid
April 26th, 2015, 04:07 PM
Zesty, thank you very much for your kind encouragement!

BrightEyes, thank you! That is my hair all brushed out, it's is normally considerably more wavy/curly. Someday I will have to let it dry without touching it so it can be properly typed.

cocoahair Thank you! Hopefully a year from now I can solidly be at BSL with zero damage and a thicker hem!

Pinni thanks :D it's the healthiest and longest it has been in probably 8 years

daylilly can I call it APL? Really? Anyone to contest that?

lapushka
April 26th, 2015, 04:12 PM
That's pretty good, consistent, growth for just a year, and look at the improvement! Amazing. Congratulations, and there's plenty of happy growing ahead. :)

Blue Mermaid
April 26th, 2015, 04:29 PM
That's pretty good, consistent, growth for just a year, and look at the improvement! Amazing. Congratulations, and there's plenty of happy growing ahead. :)

Thank you lapushka!

Nightshade
April 26th, 2015, 04:39 PM
Amazing progress :) you were right not to cut, and you're also wise to document your journey. Long scopes of progress pictures are always my favorite!

divinedobbie
April 26th, 2015, 04:46 PM
Great salvage of your ends! I think you look APL but I think you should do the towel test to confirm.

Blue Mermaid
April 26th, 2015, 04:49 PM
Amazing progress :) you were right not to cut, and you're also wise to document your journey. Long scopes of progress pictures are always my favorite!

Thank you so much Nightshade that means a lot to me, you're my hair idol! Your henna'd hair and articles inspired me to take the plunge with henna! I adored seeing your progress pictures, they give hope that someday my hair can be as long and healthy!

Blue Mermaid
April 26th, 2015, 04:50 PM
Great salvage of your ends! I think you look APL but I think you should do the towel test to confirm.

Towel test? Please elaborate! :D

eva888
April 26th, 2015, 04:53 PM
Well done! Your hair has come SO far!! :cheese:

I can't believe it but we are really LHC twins! I also joined in April of last year, with just above shoulder length super bleached hair. I found LHC because of Henna, then henna'ed my hair in late April and am now growing out and aiming for waist. Seriously! Twins!

Anyway, happy anniversary!!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 26th, 2015, 04:53 PM
You wrap a towel around you around your armpits and see if your hair ends reach the towel and if they do, you are at APL.

Your hair is wonderfully thick and luscious and is turning into a fine and beautiful mane of hair. You are looking after it beautifully:)

Blue Mermaid
April 26th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Well done! Your hair has come SO far!! :cheese:

I can't believe it but we are really LHC twins! I also joined in April of last year, with just above shoulder length super bleached hair. I found LHC because of Henna, then henna'ed my hair in late April and am now growing out and aiming for waist. Seriously! Twins!

Anyway, happy anniversary!!

Yay! Hair twins! It will be interesting to see where we both measure in next year!

Blue Mermaid
April 26th, 2015, 04:57 PM
You wrap a towel around you around your armpits and see if your hair ends reach the towel and if they do, you are at APL.

Your hair is wonderfully thick and luscious and is turning into a fine and beautiful mane of hair. You are looking after it beautifully:)

Thanks for the explanation, I will have to go do that! Everyone's kind words are making me blush!

divinedobbie
April 26th, 2015, 05:07 PM
If you're at APL, don't forget to join the APL to BSL thread! :)

Blue Mermaid
April 26th, 2015, 05:13 PM
Nope, failed the towel test! I've got an inch and a half to go still! So three months or less.

Kiiruna
April 26th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Congratulations, you have beautiful growth and a lovely start! :)

Lady Katherine
April 26th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Good for you! Your hair looks great after just a year! Keep up the good work!

Blue Mermaid
April 26th, 2015, 06:09 PM
Good for you! Your hair looks great after just a year! Keep up the good work!

Thank you kindly!

meteor
April 26th, 2015, 06:17 PM
Yay! Amazing progress! :D Congratulations! :applause
Happy Hairiversary, Blue Mermaid! :cake: And here's to happy growing ahead! :bottomsup:

slynr
April 26th, 2015, 06:20 PM
Wonderful progress. You should be really proud. Looking gorgeous!! Your patience is clearly paying off!

chelsea89ms
April 26th, 2015, 06:36 PM
Wow there is such a difference! Your hair looks great and the color is very beautiful! Thank you for sharing the pictures, it's an incredible how much your hair changed in just one year :)

Glynis72
April 26th, 2015, 07:02 PM
Wow! Nice growth! I like the henna color a lot.

swearnsue
April 26th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Nope, failed the towel test! I've got an inch and a half to go still! So three months or less.

You forgot the most important part of the towel test. Tilt your head back until your hair reaches the towel!!! LOL (not really, but that's what I did because I cheat.)

Nightshade
April 29th, 2015, 07:31 AM
Thank you so much Nightshade that means a lot to me, you're my hair idol! Your henna'd hair and articles inspired me to take the plunge with henna! I adored seeing your progress pictures, they give hope that someday my hair can be as long and healthy!

You're so sweet :flowers:

I'm sure your hair will be longer and healthier than mine, and probably in less time than mine took, too! :cheer: