PDA

View Full Version : Peppermint tea hair rinse

Nadine <3
April 24th, 2015, 05:28 PM
Recently I bought a box of peppermint tea to try for my stomach issues, but I can't stomach the taste or the way it looks (it's just so GREEN lol) and I was wondering if I could use it as a hair rinse? I imagine it would be refreshing, but I worry about it giving my hair a green tint. Is it safe?

hennalonghair
April 24th, 2015, 07:08 PM
Yes...............

Nadine <3
April 24th, 2015, 07:13 PM
Yes...............

lol sorry I just wasn't sure :oops:

vega
April 24th, 2015, 07:30 PM
I do peppermint tea rinses always it keeps my dandruff at bay and assist with hair growth Enjoy Nadine I'm sure you too will enjoy

Nadine <3
April 24th, 2015, 07:32 PM
I do peppermint tea rinses always it keeps my dandruff at bay and assist with hair growth Enjoy Nadine I'm sure you too will enjoy

Thank you! I will rinse with the peppermint at my next wash and report back on how I like it!

endlessly
April 24th, 2015, 09:24 PM
It should be perfectly safe. Peppermint is supposed to be great for stimulating blood flow - I actually use peppermint oil for pain relief - but, you might notice a tingling or hot/cold sensation, so be careful. I wouldn't worry too much about it staining your hair, but you might want to follow with a few water rinses, too, just to be on the safe side. Or, do a test strand to see how your hair responds.

Nadine <3
April 25th, 2015, 12:30 AM
It should be perfectly safe. Peppermint is supposed to be great for stimulating blood flow - I actually use peppermint oil for pain relief - but, you might notice a tingling or hot/cold sensation, so be careful. I wouldn't worry too much about it staining your hair, but you might want to follow with a few water rinses, too, just to be on the safe side. Or, do a test strand to see how your hair responds.

Oh, strand testing sounds like a good idea. I will braid my hair for bed, but leave out a small section in the back and dampen it with some tea before bed tonight and see how it feels in the morning. I really like the cool tingle of peppermint, I hope it does tingle! :) I used to oil my scalp with peppermint EO and coconut, but my scalp doesn't do well with oils. I really miss the tingle...

pixiepaws
April 25th, 2015, 01:04 AM
A Peppermint tea hair rinse will wake you up for sure depening on how strong you make your mixture. Just avoid your eyes as it could sting a bit from the minty goodness.

vega
April 25th, 2015, 03:18 AM
I forgot to mention Nadine what beautiful growth your getting such a nice Color

Nadine <3
April 25th, 2015, 10:22 AM
A Peppermint tea hair rinse will wake you up for sure depening on how strong you make your mixture. Just avoid your eyes as it could sting a bit from the minty goodness.

Oh yes, I got a tiny bit of peppermint EO in my eye once when I added it to filtered water for a final rinse. It was very dilute but it BUUUURRRNED.

I forgot to mention Nadine what beautiful growth your getting such a nice Color
Oh, thank you Vega! :o

PalomaSincera
May 21st, 2015, 10:01 AM
Update?

I did it last night and my hair is fine. It looks nice. I did a big Tupperware with two bags.

Rehab350
May 8th, 2018, 11:16 AM
Sorry for replying to an old thread. But has any one experienced super dry, crunchy and frizzy hair with peppermint tea.
What I did yesterday was misting my hair with the tea but it turnes super dry, I couldn't even touch it without it being stuck to my hand and break. So, I generously oiled it then bun it. Today, I took a shower and it still wet, I hope it will recover while drying. I don't think I will ever think of playing with peppermint again.

Joules
May 8th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Sorry for replying to an old thread. But has any one experienced super dry, crunchy and frizzy hair with peppermint tea.
What I did yesterday was misting my hair with the tea but it turnes super dry, I couldn't even touch it without it being stuck to my hand and break. So, I generously oiled it then bun it. Today, I took a shower and it still wet, I hope it will recover while drying. I don't think I will ever think of playing with peppermint again.

My hair is dry, crunchy and frizzy, and I can't stand tea rinses. I tried a ton: nettle, oak bark, chamomile, peppermint, etc., even plain black and green teas, everything made my hair SUPER dry, like a stack of hay. So, of course you can try other types of tea rinses, but why even bother? I was fine just making a little bit of tea and applying it directly on my scalp with a spray bottle. I don't see any benefits a tea can give to the length and ends.

Rehab350
May 8th, 2018, 01:52 PM
My hair is dry, crunchy and frizzy, and I can't stand tea rinses. I tried a ton: nettle, oak bark, chamomile, peppermint, etc., even plain black and green teas, everything made my hair SUPER dry, like a stack of hay. So, of course you can try other types of tea rinses, but why even bother? I was fine just making a little bit of tea and applying it directly on my scalp with a spray bottle. I don't see any benefits a tea can give to the length and ends.
Oh thank you. This is great advice. I will stick to it.

Glitch
May 10th, 2018, 10:04 PM

Thanks for sharing guys. I naturally have dry hair so I often need really moisturizing conditioners. This isn't the first time I've heard about tea rinses drying out hair, I don't think I want to try it anymore. Good to know!

Katia_k
May 12th, 2018, 03:23 PM
The kind of tea *can* make a difference, since herbals don't have the tannans. But if it's making you dry out, no point in stressing your hair.

Milady_DeWinter
May 14th, 2018, 07:53 AM
I've got quite dry hair, esp with the dyes damage, and I do mint rinses quite often - never had any problems of drying with them. But I prefer chamomile and rooibos rinses anyway :) Esp if I do a beer rinse just before! Tried it the last washing day and my hair just GLOWED :)