PDA

View Full Version : Rosemary

Ohio Sky
March 20th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I hear so many great things about Rosemary, and am interested in making a Rosemary infusion for my Vinegar rinses. I have a huge Rosemary bush in my front yard, and also some roses, which I hear are great. How do I go about taking from either of these plants and turning it into something I can use on my hair? Ive never done anything like this before!

Delilah
March 20th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Water:
If you have a crock pot, fill it with all the washed herbs you can and then top it with water. Leave it on medium-ish (don't boil it) all day, adding a little water as you need it. At the end of the day you should have a rich infusion. Refrigerate or freeze this. When you see mold, it's gone bad :P

Vinegar:
If you want to make the infusion in the vinegar, pack glass jars with herbs, cover them with vinegar, keep in a dark place and wait at least a month. Strain and use. Leaving the jars you don't use right away with the herbs in them will only make the mix stronger when you do use them. Herbal vinegars last a very very long time.

Ohio Sky
March 21st, 2008, 02:14 PM
Thanks, Delilah!

Ive been dying to try this :D

SweetPea88
March 24th, 2008, 09:43 PM
What I've been doing lately is making a rosemary-sage infused ACV rinse. I just let 2 cups of water come to a boil, turn off the heat and then add the herbs (usually 1-2 tbsp. of each) and vinegar (whatever amount works for you). I let this steep for at least 15-20 minutes. When it cools enough, I just strain it and take it in the shower. HTH!

Patrycja
March 25th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I heart Rosemary! :inlove:

the only way I have ever used it and can totally tell you about the benefits is in a mister.I added a few leaves(????) along distilled water,Lavender leaves ,Aloe,and a drop or jojoba in a mister bottle and it smelled incredible.It left my hair smelling earthy and just great feeling I would still have that in my main mister if I didn't run out of Rosemary...that reminds me once again..I need to clip some leaves(???)from my momma's plant tomorrow....Let us know how the vinegar infusion came out.I've been dying to try it!!

lora410
March 26th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I just made an infusion last night. I simmered (like making tea) chamomile,lavender and calendula (marigold) left the herbs in it a placed it in the fridge for tonights rise and I will add a splash of acv to it. P.S it also tasted quite good as I drank a cup:D