PDA

View Full Version : I saw the most amazing longhaired 79-year-old woman - with Elvis no less!

Red Rapunzel
April 22nd, 2015, 02:57 PM
I was in a waiting area with other people when in walked a man who looked like Elvis Presley - accompanied by a senior lady who, from the front appeared to have slightly below-shoulder-length hair. I complemented her on being a long-haired seniorr and asked her to turn around - expecting to see BSL at the longest: I almost fell off my chair and others in the room gasped in amazement and admiration!! She had seriously long and thick hair - going down into upper thigh-length - at age 79! She made me, at a mere age 67, feel like just a kid! She had colored her mane red and it looked great on her! So thick! I asked her the secret for thick hair and she said prenatal vitamins and biotin! Just today I went out and got some of those vitamins! I'm hoping to rediscover some of the 4/5 of my hair that disappeared several years ago with illness. I told that delightful lady about this website and suggested she post some photos of her long, thick hair here Hope she does post the full back view of her long, thick hair!! And also hope she includes Elvis with her in her photo!

Red Rapunzel :joy:

Elly May
April 22nd, 2015, 04:35 PM
Oh, how cool. I absolutely LOVE Elvis impersonators, and to be with such a beautiful long haired lady, they would have made a wonderful sight! I wish I had been there. I hope she does join and post some pictures.... Thanks for sharing!

cat11
April 22nd, 2015, 05:24 PM
Very cool!! I really want to start taking hair vitamins!!1

EdG
April 22nd, 2015, 07:05 PM
That's very cool, and it seems somehow fitting that a super-long-hair sighting would be accompanied by an Elvis sighting. :lol:
Ed

Red Rapunzel
April 22nd, 2015, 08:27 PM
That's very cool, and it seems somehow fitting that a super-long-hair sighting would be accompanied by an Elvis sighting. :lol:
Ed

LOL! You're right! I never thought of it that way - they go together! :applause

RR

divinedobbie
April 22nd, 2015, 08:35 PM
I hope she joins :) We have such a lovely community. You are very brave for mentioning LHC to strangers, I always feel like I will be judged as odd for being on a "long hair" forum.

komodo
April 22nd, 2015, 08:40 PM
Oh, wow, I hope she joins too. She'll be like a celebrity, ha.

truepeacenik
April 22nd, 2015, 09:01 PM
Ed

All it needs is an alien love child.

Lady Katherine
April 22nd, 2015, 09:10 PM
That's so cool! I really hope she joins and posts pictures! That would be fantastic!

woodswanderer
April 22nd, 2015, 09:16 PM
I hope she joins :) We have such a lovely community. You are very brave for mentioning LHC to strangers, I always feel like I will be judged as odd for being on a "long hair" forum.

Me too. I get embarrassed when DH mentions that I am on a long hair forum. It just sounds so vain.

Rosetta
April 23rd, 2015, 12:55 AM
Yeah, this must be one of the best thread titles on this forum ever :lol:

As for prenatal vitamins though, are they really good for people who're not pregnant..? As that's the only times I've ever taken those, it seems strange to me to take them otherwise; there are plenty of specific hair vitamins, after all.

EdG
April 23rd, 2015, 08:36 AM
LOL! You're right! I never thought of it that way - they go together! :applause

RR

All it needs is an alien love child.And Bigfoot. We could scoop the tabloids for the next decade! :rollin:

Me too. I get embarrassed when DH mentions that I am on a long hair forum. It just sounds so vain.LHC is not unlike some technical communities that I belong to. All of these have a great deal of knowledge, their own jargon, and in-jokes that would not be understood by outsiders.

The biggest difference seems to be that we take more pictures of the backs of our heads. ;)
Ed

Mammasaurusrex
April 23rd, 2015, 08:37 AM
Yeah, this must be one of the best thread titles on this forum ever :lol:

As for prenatal vitamins though, are they really good for people who're not pregnant..? As that's the only times I've ever taken those, it seems strange to me to take them otherwise; there are plenty of specific hair vitamins, after all.

From what I can tell prenatal vitamins are not much different than a regular multivitamin. Ive always taken them whether pregnant/breastfeeding or not. If I didn't take them though I think I would probably replace it with a different multi-vitamin :) I can't say whether or not taking a vitamin has particularly helped with hair growth or not. My hair has always grown at snail pace even though I've taken vitamins!

Red Rapunzel
April 23rd, 2015, 06:12 PM
I started a reply and don't know what happened to it. Here goes again: I strongly suggest any postmenopausal women here be careful to only get prenatal vitamins without iron - because iron
can quickly build up in their systems to toxic and dangerous levels.

As far as recommending The Longhair Community to strangers and acquaintances, I have never had a
negative experience doing this - most people are happy to learn of this site. Coming here does
not mean we are vain - just that we are all interested in long hair. Often we reach out to
others on TLHC with suggestions of what works for us (and what doesn't!) and we provide (and
receive) valuable support in a world that often is urging us to cut.

Longhairs forever!!

truepeacenik
April 23rd, 2015, 06:19 PM
Ed, we need a royal baby. Bat Boy and, oh, I don't know....flesh eating bacteria?

EdG
April 23rd, 2015, 06:37 PM
Ed, we need a royal baby. Bat Boy and, oh, I don't know....flesh eating bacteria?LOL. :rollin:

As far as recommending The Longhair Community to strangers and acquaintances, I have never had a
negative experience doing this - most people are happy to learn of this site. Coming here does
not mean we are vain - just that we are all interested in long hair. Often we reach out to
others on TLHC with suggestions of what works for us (and what doesn't!) and we provide (and
receive) valuable support in a world that often is urging us to cut.

Longhairs forever!!Most people aren't surprised when I mention LHC. It is as though they suspected all along that I was a member of a secret Internet society of longhairs. ;)
Ed

truepeacenik
April 23rd, 2015, 07:00 PM
Indeed, Ed and I accompanied trolleypup to his favorite restaurant and the people dining were asking if we were in Trolley's "hair club."
Not employees, diners.