PDA

View Full Version : My 4th year at LHC!

Irish Fae
April 22nd, 2015, 11:14 AM
I can't believe that I have been a member of LHC for 4 years now! :joy:
This is such a wonderful place, and although I am primarily a lurker these days, I have learnt so much here and I greatly enjoy the seasonal gift swaps and all of the stunning, inspirational hair styles (like the Game of Thrones hair thread!!!! *thud-worthy*)

In April 2011, I came here with hair like this:
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/captainlonewolf/IMG_6724.jpg

The ends were thin, and the length was damaged from straightening and washing with shampoo every day (simply because I didn't know I could stretch washes). I had white dots on the ends of my hair from heat damage! In this photo, I hadn't straightened my hair, so you can see how much natural wave I had to work with, even though I wasn't encouraging it. Ironically, I now hate how my hair looks when straightened, so I never do it! My hair has always been fairly thick, and seeing it this thin and damaged made me want to cry. I remember my first post here, and how kind everyone was. The members here are able to be very helpful and informative whilst still maintaining sensitivity and understanding. That is a wonderful trait! I loved this forum immediately and felt so much better about my hair, even though it needed a lot of TLC.

My initial goal was to have "mermaid" hair that covered my chest and touched the top of my waist. I didn't think I would grow any longer than that...

Now I have this length (would you call it hip?)!
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/captainlonewolf/IMG_2790_zpsfah09fli.jpg

I just had a small trim, so my hair was blow-dried by the stylist, which is why it looks much straighter than normal. I actually don't care for it with this texture, but it did allow me to see how long it really is.

This is my hair's normal texture:
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa336/captainlonewolf/DSC01580_zps53ea51aa.jpg

I am very happy at this length, and so pleased with the improved condition and health of my hair. For anyone interested, I shampoo and condition once a week now, and I always let my hair air dry overnight. I sleep with a sock bun or loose ponytail. In the morning, I often mist my hair with a homemade concoction of distilled water, jojoba oil, and leave-in conditioner. I use Aveda's Black Malva shampoo, Aussie 3-minute-miracle conditioner, and sometimes Aveda's Black Malva conditioner. My current holy grail hair product is Living Proof's Perfect Hair Day 5-in-1 styling treatment. It is amazing for dry, thick, wavy hair! I also love Aveda's Dry Remedy hair moisturizing oil.

Thank you for looking, and I hope everyone has a wonderful day! :flower:

Kiiruna
April 22nd, 2015, 11:19 AM
Congratulations, you've come a long way! :-) That's beautiful, very beautiful growth you have, your hair looks so healthy and shiny!

ravenheather
April 22nd, 2015, 11:27 AM
Lovely hair texture. Great growth.

bluebreezes
April 22nd, 2015, 12:02 PM
Irish Fae, congratulations on 4 years! Your hair looks so healthy and the waves are lovely.

divinedobbie
April 22nd, 2015, 12:09 PM
I love your texture!

Stangenlocke
April 22nd, 2015, 12:16 PM
Wow, your heair looks great - so full and healthy and long!!
I am glad that I joined LHC - it makes me hope that one fine day I might be able to present similar results.

Illryeth
April 22nd, 2015, 12:21 PM
Oh wow!!! Your hair looks gorgeous, it makes me so happy :D

Nightshade
April 22nd, 2015, 12:28 PM
So beautiful! :thud:

Aleahcim
April 22nd, 2015, 12:29 PM
Stunning hair! Woah!

lapushka
April 22nd, 2015, 12:32 PM
Looks like you not only gained length but (re)gained thickness in your ends and in the bulk of your hair. Wonderful progress, congratulations! :D

arelrios
April 22nd, 2015, 12:33 PM
Beautiful hair: color, length, texture, shine .... :crush:

Komao
April 22nd, 2015, 12:37 PM
Irish Fae, thanks for sharing. Your hair looks amazing. It's so inspiring that some time & taking care of hair leads to this! :magic:

mzlbcmami
April 22nd, 2015, 12:54 PM
BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE the length, color, and texture! Did you use box hair color or henna? I love the color now. Rather than the lighter color. Really makes the shine pop and the texture as well. :)

Irish Fae
April 22nd, 2015, 01:15 PM
Thank you so much for the kind comments, everyone!

mzlbcmami: I have my hair professionally coloured at an Aveda salon, so I don't know exactly what they use. For the past year, I have only needed root touchups every now and then. I have done henna/indigo glosses before, but I love the Aveda colour and it works well for my hair. I prefer it darker as well. My Aveda colourist is amazing and has definitely found the perfect formula for me.

Thank you again! :flower:

cat11
April 22nd, 2015, 01:18 PM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous !! I also stopped straightening my hair- about 5 years ago. It makes such a difference.

hypersensitive
April 22nd, 2015, 02:02 PM
Your hemline looks great! The style suits you! Congrats on 4 years :flower:

meteor
April 22nd, 2015, 02:10 PM
Irish Fae, your hair is stunning! :thud: Such gorgeous waves and color! :love:

Congratulations! :joy:

Robot Ninja
April 22nd, 2015, 02:18 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: :thud: Your waves! So pretty.

texangrrl
April 22nd, 2015, 02:33 PM
I love your hair!! The texture makes so envious!! :thud:

hinabelle
April 22nd, 2015, 02:58 PM
Lovely hair, and congratulations!! :flower:

MiamiPineapple
April 22nd, 2015, 03:05 PM
such awesome thickness!

Daylilly
April 22nd, 2015, 03:50 PM
You definitely achieved mermaid hair! I love the color and the cut. Congrats on four years.

Chocowalnut
April 22nd, 2015, 04:14 PM
Perfect hair! WOW, so pretty :)

Vanilla
April 22nd, 2015, 05:56 PM
Congrats on your anniversary! Your hair looks awesome :)

Auni
April 22nd, 2015, 06:00 PM
beautiful all around! :blossom:

AspenSong
April 22nd, 2015, 07:04 PM
You have got gorgeous hair. That bottom pic in the half up....that is amazing. I am really in love with your color and texture. Dreamy.

-Fern
April 22nd, 2015, 07:07 PM
:thud: :thudpile:

WOW, your hair is so lovely!! And that V-shaped hemline suits you so perfectly. :crush:

Also, dear LHC, I never get tired of these hair-anniversary posts. Keep celebrating your successes!! :popcorn:

Begemot
April 22nd, 2015, 08:43 PM
Your hair is so pretty!! Congrats!

:thud: :thudpile:
Also, dear LHC, I never get tired of these hair-anniversary posts. Keep celebrating your successes!! :popcorn:

Agreed! :)

Llama
April 22nd, 2015, 09:38 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous! I seriously love your v shaped hemline :D

FallingDarkness
April 22nd, 2015, 09:42 PM
Your hair is stunning, can we trade?
Congrats on 4 years of great growth and hair care!

hennalonghair
April 22nd, 2015, 10:04 PM
Hair if gorgeoud!
Congrats on the anniversary,

Remi
April 22nd, 2015, 10:06 PM
Your hair looks wonderful. Keep up the good work, because it shows!

Irish Fae
April 22nd, 2015, 10:46 PM
See what I mean? Everyone here is so kind!!! Thank you! You have all made my day with these lovely compliments! :flower:

ClassicAim
April 23rd, 2015, 01:54 PM
your hair is lovely! i love the half up do you have in your 'normal hair texture' shot :)

longNred
April 23rd, 2015, 02:00 PM
your hair is GORGEOUS!

Neecola
April 29th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Oh wow, happy anniversary! Your hair looks so beautiful!!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 29th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Wow, how your hair has changed since you first joined - it is so beautiful and I bet you get gasps of awe in the street. Just awesome - well done you! :) You can be very proud of your hair. Happy hairiversary! I love seeing hairiversary photos.

swearnsue
April 29th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Your hair is so beautiful it looks like one of those Pantene commercials! So pretty and feminine!

Starbunny
May 7th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!