PDA

View Full Version : Found *the cut*

kganihanova
April 16th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Hey y'all. How are you? Me? I'm just peachy. I posted about wanting light layers a while ago and I figured how to do them just so!!! I cut them in on Sunday and I love them. I still have the long hair but its just a little more...swingy now. My shortest layer is BSL and my longest is MBL- where I am currently anyway. I lost no length but gained a ton of swing.

I'm happy with where I am haircut-wise and its a great feeling!:joy:

Larki
April 16th, 2015, 10:27 AM
Congrats! How did you cut them yourself?

arelrios
April 16th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Yes, totally interested in knowing what method you use... do you have before and after pics?

Hurven
April 16th, 2015, 10:41 AM
Congratulations! I love it when a cut goes as planned. :)

spidermom
April 16th, 2015, 12:41 PM
Yay; happy for you.

MINAKO
April 16th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Picture or it didn't happen! :P
Glad you like it. Can take some time to find out what works best for each head. I never thought i would like my hair to visibly taper, but now that it does a bit i like it so much more than a super blunt cut.

lapushka
April 16th, 2015, 01:02 PM
I think she used a modified version of the compact cut method (with the 2 ponytail techniques). You can use these on half your length as well, so the layering doesn't go all the way through. I'm thinking it's something along those lines.

kganihanova
April 16th, 2015, 09:41 PM
^yeah exactly it actually haha.

lapushka
April 17th, 2015, 10:03 AM
^yeah exactly it actually haha.

Hey, great minds think alike! ;)

Sharysa
April 17th, 2015, 01:19 PM
It's always great to find your perfect haircut! Blunt cuts need a really specific hairtype to pull off, and most people look great with a little bit of layering or U/V-shaped hemlines!

gwenalyn
April 17th, 2015, 02:35 PM
I think she used a modified version of the compact cut method (with the 2 ponytail techniques). You can use these on half your length as well, so the layering doesn't go all the way through. I'm thinking it's something along those lines.

Uh, sorry, can you describe in more detail or link us to it? That's a hard thing to search for. ("compact", "cut", and "ponytail" are all really vague words with multiple meanings! "compact cut" and "ponytail" might work, but then how would I narrow the search to 2 ponytails instead of 1? My google-fu is not strong enough!)

lapushka
April 17th, 2015, 02:48 PM
Uh, sorry, can you describe in more detail or link us to it? That's a hard thing to search for. ("compact", "cut", and "ponytail" are all really vague words with multiple meanings! "compact cut" and "ponytail" might work, but then how would I narrow the search to 2 ponytails instead of 1? My google-fu is not strong enough!)

A compact cut is from the book "Haircutting for dummies". It consists of 2 techniques. You essentially make a ponytail:

1/ on your forehead (short layers)
2/ on the top of your head (longer layers)

And then you snip a few inches off.

I wouldn't recommend this for hair that is shorter than BSL as the layers might end up being too short.

I hope this explains the method well enough. If not, give us a shout.

Here's an example:
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/cutting-hair-with-lightning-speed.html

gwenalyn
April 18th, 2015, 06:35 PM
A compact cut is from the book "Haircutting for dummies". It consists of 2 techniques. You essentially make a ponytail:

1/ on your forehead (short layers)
2/ on the top of your head (longer layers)

And then you snip a few inches off.

I wouldn't recommend this for hair that is shorter than BSL as the layers might end up being too short.

I hope this explains the method well enough. If not, give us a shout.

Here's an example:
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/cutting-hair-with-lightning-speed.html

Perfectly clear, thanks! I'd only ever heard of doing one ponytail and cutting before.